Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if our manager did'nt get at first..........

Default Re: if our manager did'nt get at first..........

Quote Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
    It was exactly the game to show us what he was made of.

Some of the most lauded and celebrated games of Smith's managerial career came when we were down to ten men.

As another poster alludes to, I've simply no idea why there is so much love for Pedro on here.
    I wouldn't call it love; more a willingness to give him a fair crack of the whip. It's mid August FFS.

Each to their own tho, so I'll leave the panty wetting to you lads.

Alarm bells start ringing when any manager panders to fans in interviews after a game we've just lost

I like Pedro, I want him to do well but major major concerns remain, he's spent the guts of 10m this summer yet 2nd place could be under threat never mind the fact we will not be anywhere near challenging THEM

He now knows what it is all about....be sure of that fact.

Caixinha is a classy guy,an absolute gentleman,the conplete opposite of the thug wearing the Hibbee tracksuit.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter70 View Post
    Alarm bells start ringing when any manager panders to fans in interviews after a game we've just lost

I like Pedro, I want him to do well but major major concerns remain, he's spent the guts of 10m this summer yet 2nd place could be under threat never mind the fact we will not be anywhere near challenging THEM
    total pish,we're two games into the season and you're shouting practically for the managers head? a whole new team and you expect it to happen overnight?away and listen to yourself.one man caused y/days result and it was'nt PC.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke11 View Post
    I wouldn't call it love; more a willingness to give him a fair crack of the whip. It's mid August FFS.

Each to their own tho, so I'll leave the panty wetting to you lads.
    My panties are bone dry.

I'm all for managers being given a fair crack of the whip but when they're STILL not showing why they've been given that whip in the first place it's time to question what they're capable of.

Noticed you didn't respond to the original point about his tactical incompetence yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by IbroxiBear99 View Post
    total pish,we're two games into the season and you're shouting practically for the managers head? a whole new team and you expect it to happen overnight?away and listen to yourself.one man caused y/days result and it was'nt PC.
    Calm down my love

I said concerns remain, I never once said his fault entirely yesterday, however Beaton didn't decide to play Miller centre midfield Pedro did, with Rossiter sitting on bench

Anyone who thinks there are not loads of questions around our manager is deluding themselves

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC View Post
    Do you think that was the main thing that made him the brilliant manager he was, yes or no.
    Possibly having far more money to spend than every other team helped too, until the likes of Abrahmovic and the SKY moneys evened it up too.

Quote Originally Posted by cullybear View Post
    Possibly having far more money to spend than every other team helped too, until the likes of Abrahmovic and the SKY moneys evened it up too.
    It absolutely did, much more than instilling a siege mentality I would have thought.

It absolutely did, much more than instilling a siege mentality I would have thought.

Still missing the point I see

Quote Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
    The manager can't make the right decisions when a man gets sent off.

How anyone thinks he's going to successfully achieve the cultivation of a siege mentality is beyond me.

His tenure in Scotland has suggested he's not capable of...well, anything.

We were never winning that game yesterday, Beaton made sure of that.

11. Default Re: if our manager did'nt get at first..........

Alex Ferguson made a hugely successful career on the back of being a fantastic football manager.
    But creating that mentality was a large part of his O.M.
    Total W4nker of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldrum1982 View Post
    But creating that mentality was a large part of his O.M.
    Total W4nker of a man.
    Sorry but I think his success was based more on having excellent players and playing tactics designed to beat the opposition. Then making changes if the tactics weren't working.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by superger View Post
    We were never winning that game yesterday, Beaton made sure of that.
    That's still not really the point, though.

Sorry but I think his success was based more on having excellent players and playing tactics designed to beat the opposition. Then making changes if the tactics weren't working.
    http://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/12...er-in-britain/

Quote Originally Posted by scooter70 View Post

I'm the same, I really like him, but I think he's a very average football manager. On the pitch, the parallels with PLG are worrying, when we click we are very pleasing on the eye, when the going gets tough or the manager intervenes to tinker, the arse falls out of it.

I'm not one for stats as god but 2x OF gubbings, Sheep record gone, Progres and now losing at home to a Lennon and Stokes inspired Hibs is, frankly, sacking form, meek surrender and manna from heaven for those that wish us dead. Maybe the club is still structurally weak, I think MW was a weak man manager, Robertson is too nice and we, generally have lots of good intentions rather than razor sharp desires.

In short we've got a knife at the gun fight.

17. Default Re: if our manager did'nt get at first..........

Alex Ferguson made a hugely successful career on the back of being a fantastic football manager.
    Walter Smith did the same. See the signing of Diouf. A masterstroke.

I
    I think we all forget that Sir Awex was 1 game away from the sack! He had a terrible start at united,but they gave him a chance and we know what happened after that? You don't get that chance if your a Rangers manager with some of our support!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweepitup View Post
    I
    I think we all forget that Sir Awex was 1 game away from the sack! He had a terrible start at united,but they gave him a chance and we know what happened after that? You don't get that chance if your a Rangers manager with some of our support!!!!!!
    Came in to post that. Also in Mourinho's first couple of seasons at Chelsea he utterly battered Ferguson. Yet United stuck by him and it paid off.

Surely everyone can see there has been an improvement in us compared to last season. We need to give PC a chance.
    Last edited by Portadown_Bear; 5 Days Ago at 12:57.

Do you think that was the main thing that made him the brilliant manager he was, yes or no.
    Yeah but he was playing the the best league in the world. Pedro is playing in the worst.

"His greatness has been built around his ability to use and manipulate the power of belief to wean every ounce of potential out of players, and every ounce of fear and respect out of opponents."

Quote Originally Posted by doc holliday View Post
    He now knows what it is all about....be sure of that fact.

Caixinha is a classy guy,an absolute gentleman
    , the conplete opposite of the thug wearing the Hibbee tracksuit.
    Things like this on FF always give me a laugh....

23. Default Re: if our manager did'nt get at first..........

Quote Originally Posted by borderbear View Post
    It's a learning curve for Pedro. Yesterday may work in our favour ironically. He will now understand exactly what we are up against.
    Correct. Not many people would have believed the amount of cheating that has gone against our club over the years. Pedro has witnessed it first hand the other day. He basically called the ref out in his post interview... I reckon Pedro will become more vocal the more we get shit decisions against us (it will happen) and the press will try to crucify the man for it, so we have to stick with the guy 100%