Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a wee bit of perspective

Default Just a wee bit of perspective

Gutted after losing yesterday but after 24hrs I don't feel as bad.
    We are still a team getting to know each other and we WILL improve
    It's been well documented that the Ref played a big part in the outcome yesterday but despite him, despite playing with 10men for most of the game, we lost by the odd goal.

I was at Ibrox in Nov 2010 when a Rangers team who were top of the league and included the likes of McGregor, Weir, Papac, Bougherra, Edu, Davis and Naismith were beaten 3-0 by Hibs and I can't even remember any of their names

Souness himself lost 2/3 of his first games including a 3-2 defeat at home to Dundee Utd after being 2-0 up

Relax bears

Default Re: Just a wee bit of perspective

We were shaky at the back to say the least but with 11 men on the park I think we would have scraped a win. A full back and a striker who can terrorise defences and we will do ok this year.

That's sourness comparison is a bit silly . now in this era of corruption there can be no slip ups as no other teams are capable of mounting a challenge or taking points off them.

No doubt in my mind we'll be second this year, provided we don't get referees like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by permatan View Post
    We were shaky at the back to say the least but with 11 men on the park I think we would have scraped a win. A full back and a striker who can terrorise defences and we will do ok this year.
    The defence remains a big concern.

The swooning over Alves' arrival seems to have prohibited anyone from saying he's actually looked distinctly ordinary so far.

Ditto Cardoso. He had a bit of a shocker yesterday and to be frank didn't look great against Motherwell last week either.

But, it IS still a partnership that's getting to know one another and adapting to a new country and its football setup so hopefully they will get stronger, both individually and as a unit.

It needs to happen quickly, though.

Blog Entries

We are indeed a new squad. Whether we will improve and, if so, by how much remains to be seen of course, but nobody should panic at this stage.

We would have beaten them comfortably if we had 11 men on the park.

We were cheated yesterday, no way about it.

We'll do very well this season.

I've only seen the highlights, so they can be slightly misconceiving.

However, looked like we could have been 3-0 at one point.

We're starting fast and appear to play with some urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by NSGB View Post
    We would have beaten them comfortably if we had 11 men on the park.

We were cheated yesterday, no way about it.

We'll do very well this season.
    This sums it up for me.

10. Default Re: Just a wee bit of perspective

Hate losing, especially to TLB/HIVs but it was men against boys up until the red card. They got a sucker punch goal that Wes should have had. No concern here.

24 hours after, and I still feel like crap, knowing we were cheated.

The hysteria on here is quite frankly disgusting. I read multiple people suggesting we were onto a hiding before the red card, that their ginger striker made Alves look like a schoolboy etc etc. You wonder if these ****in morons actually go to the games. If they did, they would know that up until they scored their first goal we looked like we were gonna put at least five past them on the day, to a man the junkies in the corner were nail biting and shitting themselves. The game hinged on Jack being sent off and Stokes/McGoblin staying on the park. If the referee had called everything fairly and correctly yesterday we would have administered an absolute pumping to them.

The fact is we are still in the first half of august after a summer of complete transformation at the club. We may take a while to warm up which will provide us with the odd wobble, but we are gonna at least finish a comfortable second in this league, and that's a fact.

There only remains one question-are the haters going to put up and start supporting the team, or shut up and **** off from the club. 'Supporters'. Don't make me laugh.

We were playing well yesterday until we lost a very soft goal but the game was a bogey after the Red Card, The Manager has a bit to go fully convince me, But I think he has us heading the right direction, Time will tell I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by omegaman View Post

The swooning over Alves' arrival seems to have prohibited anyone from saying he's actually looked distinctly ordinary so far.

Ditto Cardoso. He had a bit of a shocker yesterday and to be frank didn't look great against Motherwell last week either.

But, it IS still a partnership that's getting to know one another and adapting to a new country and its football setup so hopefully they will get stronger, both individually and as a unit.

Watch the game again, i felt like the defence was very weak yestersay but i watched the game again and we actually played better than i thought.

Tav caught so far forward fir the first goal but Cardoso should not have dived in.

Full backs are exposing our defence who are having to cover for them and do their own job.

the way we played the first half hour bar the goal is an improvement and if we get walker to replace Windass it will only get better.

Its a shame the ref ruined the game i have never seen anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by robandmundt View Post
    The hysteria on here is quite frankly disgusting. I read multiple people suggesting we were onto a hiding before the red card, that their ginger striker made Alves look like a schoolboy etc etc. You wonder if these ****in morons actually go to the games. If they did, they would know that up until they scored their first goal we looked like we were gonna put at least five past them on the day, to a man the junkies in the corner were nail biting and shitting themselves. The game hinged on Jack being sent off and Stokes/McGoblin staying on the park. If the referee had called everything fairly and correctly yesterday we would have administered an absolute pumping to them.

The fact is we are still in the first half of august after a summer of complete transformation at the club. We may take a while to warm up which will provide us with the odd wobble, but we are gonna at least finish a comfortable second in this league, and that's a fact.

There only remains one question-are the haters going to put up and start supporting the team, or shut up and **** off from the club. 'Supporters'. Don't make me laugh.
    Well said, sir...!

16. Default Re: Just a wee bit of perspective

Been watching the Gers for 50 years now and seen a few crap teams but Pedro will get it right I've no doubt the ref done us yesterday blatant bias I expect us to win something this year and beat the scum some of the threads today and yesterday were stupid knee jerk reactions but the worst aspect of yesterday was the lack of support for the team when we were behind

The upshot is really that Kenny Miller scores instead of hitting the post, they don`t score and we go on to win, since the game would have been totally different.
    In reality, we were a tad unlucky. The ball is 2 inches further over and we score.

We also had 2 great chances before we got our 2nd so even with 10 men, we still could have scored a couple.

The ref has been discussed enough so need to dwell on that.

I`ll be giving PC the time he needs and believe he`ll get it right.

suramericaranger is offline anyone in marketing or advertising...kill yourself

Yeah. People were worried last season but they didn't realise that Souness had a poor start one season or something like that. And it all turned out well in the end last season too.

Relax, players are bedding in, a freak result, be better after a few games, if Kenny Miller scores, players don't speak English, game came too early etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by omegaman View Post

We remain shockingly bad without the ball. We are so easy to play through.
    Where was Tav for their first goal,Cardoso was left hopelessly exposed,although he could've done better. Their second goal was was a comedy of errors.

THe position regarding the paucity of decent full backs need action....... immediately...or we are in for yet another disappointing season.

Quote Originally Posted by cairngorm View Post
    Gutted after losing yesterday but after 24hrs I don't feel as bad.
    We are still a team getting to know each other and we WILL improve
    It's been well documented that the Ref played a big part in the outcome yesterday but despite him, despite playing with 10men for most of the game, we lost by the odd goal.

I was at Ibrox in Nov 2010 when a Rangers team who were top of the league and included the likes of McGregor, Weir, Papac, Bougherra, Edu, Davis and Naismith were beaten 3-0 by Hibs and I can't even remember any of their names

Souness himself lost 2/3 of his first games including a 3-2 defeat at home to Dundee Utd after being 2-0 up

Relax bears

Sorry mate but for the first time ever after one post last night I couldn't face, read or even think about football.

I feel I know what's coming with this management team and I don't feel it's going to end well.

The game should have been finished after the first 20 minutes yesterday. Had the game been refereed fairly and competently it would have been.

23. Default Re: Just a wee bit of perspective

This place I populated by attention seeking lassies who are only too happy to see us drop points to further their agendas.

Same old fannies spouting the same old shite as they think they know better.

Place is full of Ian Cathro's.

We had a shaky start under souness but won the league , we lost our opening game under advocaat and also won the league .

This has a different feel to it . We have better players and a better team than last year but there remains a sense of fragility around the team . I hope Pedro overcomes these issues and builds a title winning team , but I can't shake the feeling he will not see out the season .
    Last edited by calvinist; 4 Days Ago at 18:39.

Totally agree I've total faith in Pedro,we finish 2nd this year no doubt we'll top the league following year.