Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Default Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Default Re: Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Good clear concise response guys and thank you

Good statement , can we have one from the club though

A statement the club should be making not club 1872.

Yet again, the board of directors at Ibrox have abdicated their duties to make a stand in this respect and instead have left it to a very hard working and diligent supporters group and shareholder.

For me it's completely unacceptable. The directors of RFC are yet again in hiding.

How long are club 1872 going to keep saying what the club are too scared to ?

5. Default Re: Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by In Walter we trust View Post
    Good statement , can we have one from the club though
    I think the Club may be using C1872 to 'get the message out there' when they are unwilling to do so for fear of censure from the authorities.

Good statement from C1872 in my eyes.

Great statement. Over to you compliance officer.

Very good, if i could make one criticism it'd be not challenging specific, named reporters for making light of TLBR's conduct. But perhaps that would've diluted the focus.

Weak statement , everyone knows Lennon is a classless scumbag ,nobody is interested in how he behaves .
    The referees display is what yesterdays game should be highlighting . Lennon has sent his team out to abuse the laws of the game and the referee has helped them at every turn.

Good enough statement.

However, as I keep saying, C1872 is seen only as a "fans group" (their shareholding notwithstanding).
    And so they are usually ignored.

I would have thought that since our touchline staff were involved in trying to report this, and were batted aside by the 4th official (who then proceeded to ignore the Police talking to him about it) -- it's actually a matter for the CLUB.

If the Club think that using C1872 is their best way of disseminating press releases like this, they are completely wrong.

It should be on the official website, released by the Club to every media outlet available, and emailed out to every season-ticket holder.

Club 1872 can still contribute so, but the Club has to step up and PROPERLY fulfil its duties and responsibilities in protecting its players, staff and reputation.

This makes Lennon the story and not the fact we were shafted by the referee.

Daft move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by georgedoors View Post
    Weak statement , everyone knows Lennon is a classless scumbag ,nobody is interested in how he behaves .
    The referees display is what yesterdays game should be highlighting . Lennon has sent his team out to abuse the laws of the game and the referee has helped them at every turn.
    Disagree with you mate .think its a decent enough statement from club 1872.but i do agree that it should also have mentioned the referees preformance yesterday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moodymann View Post

Yet again, the board of directors at Ibrox have abdicated their duties to make a stand in this respect and instead have left it to a very hard working and diligent supporters group and shareholder.

For me it's completely unacceptable. The directors of RFC are yet again in hiding.

Totally agree with this.

nails it imo.says everything we as fans have been turning over in our own minds.the managers interview post match also alluded to these same issues albiet in a language that would see him incur no penalty.same though.we seem to be all singing the same song at last.the corrupt referee impersonator should never again run a game involving us or celtc.

14. Default Re: Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Tagsbear View Post

Daft move imo.
    Any debate on the scandalous performance by the referee inevitably falls into a subjective discussion, a matter of opinion if you like. There is clear evidence of Lemon's behaviour and his gestures to the Rangers support. It is not a matter for debate or a discussion of differing opinions - it is a matter of irrefutable fact. No-one in the media - who we obviously want to give coverage to this statement - can take issue with anything C1872 have said in there. Let's see if they pick up on it.

Telling it like it is .

Now let's see what the authorities have to say , the ball is firmly in their court.

We all know the furore that would have ensued had it been any Rangers member of staff conducting himself in such a manner.

Blog Entries

Either the board must stop using c1872 as a mouthpiece or they must be given board representation to reflect there shareholding.

It's too easy for the media to ignore them currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagsbear View Post

Daft move imo.
    The statement calls it "possibly the worst refereeing performance ever seen at Ibrox"

They cant really come out and say he cheated ... even if he did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skorn View Post
    Good enough statement.

However, as I keep saying, C1872 is seen only as a "fans group" (their shareholding notwithstanding).
    And so they are usually ignored.

I would have thought that since our touchline staff were involved in trying to report this, and were batted aside by the 4th official (who then proceeded to ignore the Police talking to him about it) -- it's actually a matter for the CLUB.

If the Club think that using C1872 is their best way of disseminating press releases like this, they are completely wrong.

It should be on the official website, released by the Club to every media outlet available, and emailed out to every season-ticket holder.

Club 1872 can still contribute so, but the Club has to step up and PROPERLY fulfil its duties and responsibilities in protecting its players, staff and reputation.
    Completely agree. Until we start to go on the front foot, we will remain on the back foot.
    Last edited by superrangers; 6 Days Ago at 17:47.

Quote Originally Posted by turrabear View Post
    Disagree with you mate .think its a decent enough statement from club 1872.but i do agree that it should also have mentioned the referees preformance yesterday.
    does it not say 'the worst refereeing display seen at Ibrox'?

Its making it more difficult to support the Board when they leave important issues like this to Club 1872. Lennon could have caused serious public disorder yesterday at Ibrox and the mhedia would have rolled into line to defend his outrageous behaviour and depict him as the perpetual victim. Please, Rangers, the fans are profoundly disappointed as this continuing deafening silence.

Quote Originally Posted by turrabear View Post
    but i do agree that it should also have mentioned the referees preformance yesterday.
    It did mention his performance:
    It is inexplicable that the fourth official chose to take no action against him at the time but, against the backdrop of possibly the worst refereeing performance ever seen at Ibrox, perhaps we should not be surprised.

Rangers should ban Neil Lennon from Ibrox on Health and Safety fears. Let the SPFL deal with that.

Good statement from Club1872, once again left to them, any of our directors fancy backing us up?

Very unfortunate that it,s left to Club1872 once again to tell it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodymann View Post

Well said mate, our directors are shitebags