Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportscene tonight

Default Sportscene tonight

Will be interesting to see what they decide to show and what gets edited out the 5 minute highlights. Declan the editor must have been up all night trying to make it look as if Rangers didn't get robbed.
    Probably show the mini fan invasion at our first goal, Dorrans committing a foul after being booked, a camera angle to make it look like Jack headbutted Stokes, and cut out the McGregor neckhold, the Stokes wrestling move and the McGeoch foul when the wrong player got booked.
    Then Michael Stewart can spend a few minutes telling us how Lennon's tactics won the match.

Default Re: Sportscene tonight

Who honestly cares and who evens watches it.

I never watch it but might record it just to see how its portrayed

Quote Originally Posted by dh1963 View Post
    Will be interesting to see what they decide to show and what gets edited out the 5 minute highlights. Declan the editor must have been up all night trying to make it look as if Rangers didn't get robbed.
    Probably show the mini fan invasion at our first goal, Dorrans committing a foul after being booked, a camera angle to make it look like Jack headbutted Stokes, and cut out the McGregor neckhold, the Stokes wrestling move and the McGeoch foul when the wrong player got booked.
    Then Michael Stewart can spend a few minutes telling us how Lennon's tactics won the match.
    I haven't watched it in years but you'll be spot on. They haven't tried to be neutral in there for 30 years and it seems to keep getting worse year on year on both tv and radio.

Do yerself a favour, and don't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by dh1963 View Post
    I think you've just saved them the trouble of writing tonight's script. Seriously though it will be interesting to see how close you are to the truth.

Heard stephen thompson on the radio 1/2 an hour ago talkin about how he was in the studio to look at the footage for tonights program, said there was a few games with some questionable decisions ... but for some reason he thought ryan jack deserved his red card.

Even though he just arrived at the studio & stil had to review the footage. 🙈🙉🙊 😲

I bet the Compliance officer watches it, as they do his job for him - identifying which incidents should be investigated, and which should be brushed under the carpet.

Blog Entries

I'm expecting a whitewash to be honest.

Which will take some doing to be honest

I'm not even going to bother watching it. The agenda will already be set, the key incident with Stokes will be ignored, and they'll find the one angle that makes Jack look more guilty.

Jonathon Sutherland or whoever will "commentate" on our game will probably climax when the sending off gets shown.

Will be interesting how they manage to find a way to somehow back the referee but I'm sure they will manage

Tone was set on Radio Scotland earlier when they totally ignored the controversy regarding the Red card and instead banged on about how great Lennon was and that Hibs would be challenging for second place.

Add to that Chick Young telling us all he didn't rate Pedro's signings and that HE (aye - the bold Chick) had identified a number of signing targets in the summer who would have done a better job, including the boy Mallan from St Mirren !

I nearly crashed the car.

You would need to be some kind of twisted glutton for punishment to watch that shite tonight.

They're no friends of ours and in no way will they be impartial, I wont be watching

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    You would need to be some kind of twisted glutton for punishment to watch that shite tonight.
    On the contrary. We need to watch it, and should we feel any wrong doing, complain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warfieldranger View Post
    I bet the Compliance officer watches it, as they do his job for him - identifying which incidents should be investigated, and which should be brushed under the carpet.
    This highlights the whole sham that is the Compliance Officer and the even bigger sham that is Scottish football.

I'm going to watch Hostel parts 1, 2, and 3 instead. It will be less sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by broxijim View Post
    Who honestly cares and who evens watches it.
    I watch it (well I fast forward to our game, watch it then delete).

Quote Originally Posted by borderbear View Post
    On the contrary. We need to watch it, and should we feel any wrong doing, complain.
    That's true. Fair play to all that do but there are so many injustices it does become draining.

The club needs to do more. We need to have our own team of people watching all the content and then painstakingly complain re every instance of bias and double standards. As individuals, they pick us off and treat us with contempt.

I'll watch it. I think we all should. If we really want Beaton held to task, we need to be sure what we saw yesterday is properly documented. That and I want to show my wife I'm not just a biased bluenose with with simmering rage today (although she's a Pars fan she does like Rangers to win just to keep me happy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by borderbear View Post
    Complain to who? The same cu.nts who are trolling us?

Blog Entries

Just a televised version of the Daily Record using the same 'journalists'. I certainly won't be watching it prepare the defence for outrageously biased refereeing and the mitigation for poor Neil

To be fair to Michael Stewart he did say on the radio that Stokes should have been sent off for his foul on Tav, and that Jack should only have been booked, as should have Stokes and then been sent off.

It seems when the evidence is so damning they have to show it.

That's one program I won't be watching. If you want decent analysis, get the RTV feed of the game coupled with H&H later in the week. Anything out of that lot will be howling.