Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The amount of police and stewarding at the game yesterday for that lot

Default Re: The amount of police and stewarding at the game yesterday for that lot

Quote Originally Posted by bluelacoste View Post
    lets face it, if there had not been as much OB before the game there would have been attacks on the Hibs fans walking up to the ground. Not sure if they where giving it big licks because of the police numbers.

We should be making it more of a hostile environment for away fans coming to Ibrox. The sight of Aberdeen fans walking around Copland Road Stand past the Mega store last year and nothing being said to them shows how weak our fans have become.

You try walking through the home end at Easter Road, Sheepville and see how they treat us.
    Have said this a lot. We're a soft touch now, away fans will regularly act the big shot outside, outsing us inside and act with impunity after it. We're generally regarded as yesterday's men at best, they know there'll be no repercussions cos were too busy moaning about songs on the internet or slobbering about stuff that happens in the green brigade section.

Default Re: The amount of police and stewarding at the game yesterday for that lot

Quote Originally Posted by babaji View Post
    When did the fighting happen? it's just i went past that way about 2:45 & there was segregation.
    Was about 2:10 mate, I was in the queue at the burger van next to ticket office, group of Hibs all in black with hoods up ran into a section of Hibs and Rangers supporters that were singing to one another then it turned into a mini riot with fighting and police horses running all over the place, I can't be the only one on the forum that seen this surely haha.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersLoyal1990 View Post
    Was about 2:10 mate, I was in the queue at the burger van next to ticket office, group of Hibs all in black with hoods up ran into a section of Hibs and Rangers supporters that were singing to one another then it turned into a mini riot with fighting and police horses running all over the place, I can't be the only one on the forum that seen this surely haha.
    I seen it happen while standing outside the Ticket Office at 2.10pm, I thought the group in black with hoods up were rangers fans trying to get at Hibs fans. The mounted police were struggling to control the horses, about 80 police and stewards were on patrol outside the hibs turnstiles and lead up to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersLoyal1990 View Post
    I saw it too at one point really thought it was all going to kick off big style when that mob did their wee charge

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia View Post
    I seen it happen while standing outside the Ticket Office at 2.10pm, I thought the group in black with hoods up were rangers fans trying to get at Hibs fans. The mounted police were struggling to control the horses, about 80 police and stewards were on patrol outside the hibs turnstiles and lead up to the stadium.
    Yeah, saw it too, the police who were there at the time were mostly at the turnstiles, it kicked off for a bit with a few hibs getting sore faces, a couple were lifted too.

Seen about 30 hibs walking down Buchanan street tube from dows side at half 2 then they walked out the other side all mouth and show surrounded by police.

Quote Originally Posted by TorinoFC View Post
    And yet we couldn't have the bheasts in that section for "security" the must have the whole end .....
    Exactly.

The scum should get exactly the same allocation as everyone else. It sickens me to see them treated like welcome family members and given our best, most TV visible, seats in our house.

We should be doing a Newcastle and sticking them way up in CD, out of sight.

As we saw with the Hibs scum yesterday, it is entirely possible to Police these things if you want to