Thread: We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

Default We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

It would help us beat these cheating refs.

We should also be telling the SPFL we don't want that cheating bastard Beaton reffing any more of our games.

Default Re: We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gourockblue50 View Post
    It would help us beat these cheating refs.

We should also be telling the SPFL we don't want that cheating bastard Beaton reffing any more of our games.
    Only issue is the cheating referees are the ones using the footage.

Video evidence would be used against us not for us, how many times has the same video been repeated over and over from every angle possible to get us in trouble.

Opposition including Refs rarely ever come under scrutiny.

4. Default Re: We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

VAR was shown up at confederations cup, anyone thinking we would somehow benefit from that system is living in cloud cuckoo land! I give you the compliance officer to back up my view.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghLoyal View Post
    VAR was shown up at confederations cup, anyone thinking we would somehow benefit from that system is living in cloud cuckoo land! I give you the compliance officer to back up my view.
    How was it? I haven't heard about this, only good things.

It would be video editing by scum. Would you trust the BBC to provide this?

7. Default Re: We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

I would guess things would become even more difficult for Rangers with video evidence, im pretty sure they would.

Still be an sfa ref that decides which incidents to look at or decisions to change and if they are sitting anywhere near the press box(just guess the vid ref would dont know) you can be sure there be journos screaming for every one of our goals to be checked for any hint of even the softest foul.

Not really, would just give the same cheating ref a second chance to screw us over despite a lack of evidence to support doing so.

Changes nothing.

I think the OP is referring to playback during the game in which case I cant see why the replies are as below. Havn't been in favour of it in the past but yesterdays game changed that for me. If you look at other sports in general it has worked well, just another evolution of the game, times change.

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVoodoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gersmad View Post
    Video evidence would be used against us not for us, how many times has the same video been repeated over and over from every angle possible to get us in trouble.

Opposition including Refs rarely ever come under scrutiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkie_Deek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornliebank_Bear View Post
    I would guess things would become even more difficult for Rangers with video evidence, im pretty sure they would.

Still be an sfa ref that decides which incidents to look at or decisions to change and if they are sitting anywhere near the press box(just guess the vid ref would dont know) you can be sure there be journos screaming for every one of our goals to be checked for any hint of even the softest foul.
    Quote Originally Posted by sw26 View Post
    Not really, would just give the same cheating ref a second chance to screw us over despite a lack of evidence to support doing so.

Changes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkie_Deek View Post
    Lots of really important points being exchanged here. This is too far.

Going back twenty-odd years, video evidence has been used completely disproportionately to target Rangers players.

Remember what Archie McPherson said about the STV production crew at the UEFA Cup Final.

Ten or so years ago a RST delegation meeting BBC Scotland found a photograph of themselves on a Celtic messageboard within a couple of hours!

its not going to happen its too expensive to run 8n scotland

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    I think the OP is referring to playback during the game in which case I cant see why the replies are as below. Havn't been in favour of it in the past but yesterdays game changed that for me. If you look at other sports in general it has worked well, just another evolution of the game, times change.
    I included in game video evidence in my answer. A lot of leagues that have implemented it have the referee watch the footage back themselves in order to make a decision. Do you think Cheatin' Beaton would overturn his decisions during the game if he had this facility. I don't think he would.

Isn't going to happen due to costs etc.

But wait a second,if as reported on here all the refs and the associations running football in this country are against us and cheating us,how is video evidence going to help? Surely the 4th official (or whoever makes the decision) will be in on it as well silly

I included in game video evidence in my answer. A lot of leagues that have implemented it have the referee watch the footage back themselves in order to make a decision. Do you think Cheatin' Beaton would overturn his decisions during the game if he had this facility. I don't think he would.

No, Beaton set out to cheat, he would never have changed his mind.

If its a wee screen that no one gets to see then no he wouldn't, stick it on a jumbo screen for all to see(same as tennis etc)and he would have caused a riot if he didn't - that's what I'm talking about.

This would pretty much render it useless.

18. Default Re: We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Weir View Post
    First game ref never went to VAR for what should've been a pen. Another instance ref went to touchline for a look at a potential elbow, came back and booked the guy when it should've been a red! No problem with goal line as its matter of fact but add the human factor in who decides what should be reviewed and there will always be trust issues.

19. Default Re: We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

not really no.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Weir View Post
    Video referee provided information and the wrong man was sent off

Quote Originally Posted by ontheline View Post
    Video referee provided information and the wrong man was sent off
    Have you got a link to this? Not questioning it, just interested to see/read about it.

I like the way the NFL do video referrals: http://player.vimeo.com/video/117190...d=vid117190062

22. Default Re: We need video evidence brought in as soon as possible.

Could you imagine that ref team at the weekend with craig thomson or madden or clancy or mclean or dallas sitting in the stand with the press boys rewinding the action or having a closer look at any flashpoints

They would probably have found a way to send our or two more of our players off.

Contrast how many times one of our players has been 'done' using video footage and how many times one of the opposition has been 'done' with video evidence when playing against us.

How often has video evidence been used in a killie v Motherwell, Partick v Ross county or two bob games like that?!?! It only gets used where/when the "offended" want it to get used.

Is their even guidelines how this gets raised to the compliance officer?