Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No New Strikers this window

Default Re: No New Strikers this window

Quote Originally Posted by A1bertz View Post
    Why do people keep saying we need ' a full back'?
    Is it a right full back or a left full back we need as priority? It's all very well just saying full back.

I think we need both. Half your back four can't be ok'ish...they need to be much better than that.
    Personally I think we need cover at left back.

At right back I think Hodson provides adequate cover for Tav. However Hodson is less accomplished at left back so we need cover for Wallace in my opinion. Beerman isn't it. If anything he is more of a wide left midfield player in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by A1bertz View Post
    Why do people keep saying we need ' a full back'?
    Is it a right full back or a left full back we need as priority? It's all very well just saying full back.

I think we need both. Half your back four can't be ok'ish...they need to be much better than that.
    I'd want someone who can cover both full back positions - I am content with Wallace and Tav but need better cover than Hodson

This season is going to be a re run of last, we need at least 4 quality signings , There must be a striker even a risk with Moult at an affordable price who can score goals , we have bid 850,000 on Friday for Walker yet Hearts want a Million if we want him now pay the Waghorn money and get him.

Pedro can't win here. Some people will criticise for not buying a defender instead, if he went out and got a striker, and some people will complain that he isn't giving youth a chance.

In my opinion, he needs players that can control a game. Whether that be full backs, or in the middle of the park.....

There is goals and creativity in that team, but not enough intelligence to kill a game off, or indeed see a game out.

5. Default Re: No New Strikers this window

Quote Originally Posted by aldojack View Post
    I'd want someone who can cover both full back positions - I am content with Wallace and Tav but need better cover than Hodson
    Hodson came on as back up a couple of times early'ish last season and looked decent. I thought he was going to be fine.

I was wrong, he isn't going to do. We need a decent utility player, someone who can pay over the back four, as back up.

We need full backs and a left winger.

Quote Originally Posted by IbroxForever View Post
    This season is going to be a re run of last, we need at least 4 quality signings , There must be a striker even a risk with Moult at an affordable price who can score goals , we have bid 850,000 on Friday for Walker yet Hearts want a Million if we want him now pay the Waghorn money and get him.
    Don't believe we bid 850k for Walker.
    You genuinely believe Ipswich gave us a million for Waghorn?
    Seriously, think before you post.

In an ideal world, yes we absolutely need another centre forward. I agree with the general sentiment re other areas. We are absolutely woeful in the full back department so if we are going to do any business before the window shuts that is what we should be looking at.

Selling Waghorn then is inexplicable.

10. Default Re: No New Strikers this window

Quote Originally Posted by admac1873 View Post
    Pedro can't win here. Some people will criticise for not buying a defender instead, if he went out and got a striker, and some people will complain that he isn't giving youth a chance.

In my opinion, he needs players that can control a game. Whether that be full backs, or in the middle of the park.....

There is goals and creativity in that team, but not enough intelligence to kill a game off, or indeed see a game out.
    Pedro cant win here? Of course he cant, it is FF land

He was being pillared last night for going for it yesterday. If he had immediately shored us up people would have been going crazy about shiting it at home from Hibs.

In fairness he doesn't look to be flapping himself yet and does look to have at least half of us back on side so it isn't panic stations just yet.

I would like to see Walker and Naismith brought in. That would give us penetration and a couple of players that could play just about anywhere centrally or wide going forward. And a back four utility player.

11. Default Re: No New Strikers this window

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Waghorn was woeful.

12. Default Re: No New Strikers this window

We've scored four in two league games - it should be at least 6.

In those two matches we've conceded 4.

The issue, once again, is with our midfield and defence. The defence is terrible. Every goal we've conceded had been poor.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Dylan for once we agree,

Another striker is a must or even Naismith who can play easily the role Miller is playing.

Could Kenny McLean be used as an option at right back as well as midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by artificialintoleranz View Post
    Waghorn was woeful.
    Everything in life is relative.

Scoring doesn't seem to be the issue tbh. I reckon we can last to January with what we have up front until January at least.

Full backs should take priority over anything else in terms of recruitment.