Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

Default Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

Have to say i generally avoid posting here after a bad result for a wee while until the rawness subsides, however yesterday took things to a new level.

Two parts to my point, First what do we do to deal with the referee situation? I don't believe all refs have a conspiracy against us, but obviously some are being placed under undue influence prior to a match and this is having a serious effect on their performance. So how do we get a fair crack at the whip? I don't see that moaning and groaning like the tims would sit comfortable with us, not the way we do things. Do we work quietly behind the scenes to address this? Don't think that will work because the attitude against us is deeply entrenched. What do we have to do? Frankly yesterday must have been a huge shock to Pedro and his team, I would doubt they have ever encountered anything like that anywhere else in the world. He will have to adjust a lot of things to deal with this on the park. So we need to lay off him at present, this is not a normal situation for a manager to deal with. How do we as fans deal with this though? How does the club deal with this? Can we really do anything that will make a difference?

Secondly from a footballing viewpoint we need to learn the lessons from yesterday. TLB came with a plan to get in our faces and disrupt any rhythm we could get. He had his team pumped up to max and had Stokes ready to do his normal. They certainly delivered and it should not have been any surprise to us, these to have previous doing what they did yesterday and others will try the same now. We should have known they would and should have adapted better and quicker. We dominated the opening and with a wee bit of luck could have buried them in the first 15 mins.

However Simon Murray had a great game for them. He is one of the most one footed players I have seen and Cardozo continually turned him onto his strong side instead of turning him on to his very weak left side. If Cardozo couldn't do that we needed to change who was marking him to someone who could. Also if we do so much preparation on the opposition why did we not have this as part of our plan? Or did we and maybe Cardozo is not as good as we thought?

We have a problem still with our defence. Too vulnerable to balls across the box. Better, much better than last year but still an issue. Full back areas, particularly left back is vulnerable and as Wallace gets older we need cover.

When Jack got sent off we did not react properly, we should have shored up, sat tight and let the situation calm down. protect what you have and play back into the game. Subs at half-time simply did not work. Right from the kick off Hibs went with 5 in midfield against our 442. With jack off they had a two man advantage and is showed all through the second half. Herrera didn't make an impact and to be honest against the Hibs back three was never going to. High balls they can deal with all day. Tactically Pedro's got the half time all wrong. Can see what he was trying to do, move the game to their final third, but not a good decision and made it easy for them. Have to be hard to beat first. He needs to learn form this, not the first time he has done it.

All that said this is a much better team that hopefully learned a lesson or two yesterday. Hopefully Pedro did as well. Good this happened before the tims game, they will do what Hibs did and some more. So he knows where things stand and has to use the blatant bias to make our players more determined and smarter. He also has to adjust the tactics and mentality.

Sad state we are in though, where football, a sport comes to the debacle we witnessed yesterday by what is supposed to be a professional referee. One or two bad decisions can happen in any game, 8 or 9? No it is more than incompetence.

Default Re: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

We ruthlessly go after the coward and cheat of a referee. We ruin the guys career as a warning to other refs.

On the park I'm still as confident as I was prior to the game. We're a good team and we'll finish at least second this season.

We get smarter, more clinical and we make sure no one controls a 45 mins at Ibrox like that ever again.

They went 3-5-2 knowing our shape with 4 mids and 2 of them playing very wide. Gave them a chance to rough up Dorrans and Jack. They executed their plan very well in the end but the fact remains we could have been out of sight before the red card.

The fight is there, the belief is, or at least was, there. I have more confidence in this group than last season's players. These guys fight for themselves and for their team mates. They will come good and we need to back them.

The ref situation, I have no idea. Speak out and highlight inconsistencies where we see them and make sure we aren't a soft target like we have been in recent years.

The best way to move on right now, is to go and **** Hearts. We get our revenge the next time we play the HIVs, but for now we should just focus on what we can do well and there are signs there that we will do well.

The referee situation must be publicly addressed. To not do so gives every other puppet the thumbs up to shaft us as Beaton the Cheat did yesterday.

I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Klos View Post
    The best way to move on right now, is to go and **** Hearts. We get our revenge the next time we play the HIVs, but for now we should just focus on what we can do well and there are signs there that we will do well.
    You're right about pumping Hearts however "revenge" shouldn't even enter the equation next time we play Hibs. If it does that'll suit them to a tee.

They wanted to drag us into a kicking match yesterday and we got suckered into it. We need to be smarter and more focussed. Draw the fouls, hit the deck like you've been shot, let them take the bookings. Focus on playing our game. That'll frustrate them the most. Getting drawn into a kicking and shoving match is exactly what a team like that wants and they got it yesterday.

we all new what hibs would do and most other clubs will be coming with hatred as I strongly believe more than ever in our history,teams in Scotland have other agendas but we will learn from it but we will need better protection then from the referee which we seen yesterday ain't gonna happen so the club needs to keep a record and call them out at every opportunity.

I think it is time to tackle the referee side not sure the best way tough.

A public witch hunt or a more condsidered approach calmly highlighting examples of inconsistencies and outright poor decisions?

Difficult choice but definitely time to do something.

Football wise still think a comfortable second but with more days like yesterday ahead.

suramericaranger is offline anyone in marketing or advertising...kill yourself

We'll learn from this and get a reaction. From the 2-0 tarrier game/5-1 tarrier game/Aberdeen defeat/Progress defeat/Hibs defeat.

We'll be getting more embarrassments as long as Pedro is in charge.

10. Default Re: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

A resounding victory against Hearts for a start. Anything else would be a disaster this early in the season.

We dont move on is the answer.. We are never going to be allowed to try moving our club forward.. The tarriers have uz exactly where they want us to be..They are standing with their foot on our throats. Allowing us barely able to breath.This isnt going to change..They have cultivated this for decades and now finally they rule the roost.It will be a case of continual Demonisation of our club and culture and we are impotant. Apathetic and faction riven to even contemplate taking the fight to those who wish us Harm

The manager definitely got his tactics wrong after the sending off, pumping high balls up to Hererra who had no one around him to lay off to was pointless and played right in to their hands. Also we had Rossiter and Kranjkar on the bench, but he brings on Pena, who he has admitted is nowhere near match fit (and it showed). But it all boils down to a cheat of a referee who was never going to let us win.
    Last edited by toadegree; 4 Days Ago at 11:38.

Miller should have told every new player what was coming. We knew TLRB would have them pumped up and while we were more aggressive than last season, we should have been cuter. I felt that when they went to a 5 in midfield, w lost control of the game. McGeoch was always free so they dominated the ball.
    I would have replaced Windass (he has no defensive discipline) with Rossiter and shoved Miller wide.

Quote Originally Posted by skyger View Post
    This all day, he is clueless we have to make a change now or our season will be over before it has begun, no more excuses from the panty wetter son here.
    100% agree. He is a dud. Poor ref yesterday only masks it for another week.

Refs are human and all are capable of having a bad day but yesterday was another level altogether. Whether it's 'our style' or not the club simply has to comment on that refereeing performance.

On the park, we need to stop being so naive.

Agree about the in the park stuff, that will come with time. Off the park we have to be making noise in some way or else this will just go on and on. Hard to see a way of doing this without looking like TLB

Bin Pedro asap.

Quote Originally Posted by BroomhouseBear View Post
    You're right about pumping Hearts however "revenge" shouldn't even enter the equation next time we play Hibs. If it does that'll suit them to a tee.

They wanted to drag us into a kicking match yesterday and we got suckered into it. We need to be smarter and more focussed. Draw the fouls, hit the deck like you've been shot, let them take the bookings. Focus on playing our game. That'll frustrate them the most. Getting drawn into a kicking and shoving match is exactly what a team like that wants and they got it yesterday.
    Its easy to say that and i agree but when you have 50k people screaming to go into a challenge its hard to sucker them in.

jack was right in their faces and we stood up well to it for once, it was the ref that ****ed us and this ref cant get away with that, he has history of crazy decisions and its time he was punished for it.

will the sfa review the refs performance ? do they do that after every game ?

the players are deffo up for a fight now and the new players dont shy away from the game which is good to see.

we must get full backs who can defend, tav was caught out of position for the first leaving cardoso on his own.

the 2nd goal was an o.g and 3rd was a decent strike.

walker has to come in for windass, he has improved but walker offers much more of an all round game and goals.

target is to win the next 4 games, i think most of us would have taken winning 5 of the first 6 ?

19. Default Re: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

Win football matches on a regular occurrence.

We've got to win every game up to the bheggars, get some thing from that game and continue to win after that.

Failure to do so will see us out the fight by September.

Quote Originally Posted by soapysoutar View Post
    Bin Pedro asap.
    pathetic......

We go after Beaton with everything, if we don't its truly open season on our players and club. On the pitch we need proper fullbacks who can defend or it will be a dogfight for 2nd with sheepy

22. Default Re: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not as annoyed as I usually am after a defeat. This couldn be seen as a decent learning curve for our players to play as dirty as the opposition when they want to make it a fight.

Hibs had clearly watched us recently and we are slowly but surely becoming a decent team. From the Marseille game onwards we have been direct, dynamic and quick as an attacking force. Still fragile at the back it seems but hopefully that sorts itself the more the team get to know each other.

Hibs clearly knew they wouldn't be able to match us when we got going so decided to make it a scrap and we got suckered in.

It's not rocket science we've got to pick it up. I said it long and weary there would be setbacks. Pedro, us and the players got a very rough hand yesterday. There were issues on the playing front but the ref brought an element into play that was unusual way beyond normal mistakes.

We pick it up and go again-whatever the ability of the individual players is and the ability to fashion a team is still up for debate but we've got to get a good solid performance in on Saturday and win it.

I think we need to see Cardoso and some others cement that early optimism with more solid performances than yesterday and the manager may need a tweak or two.

The bigger, wider issues will sort themselves out but we need to ensure we get a win. The performance will be important but really we need a few weeks of full points.

Quote Originally Posted by toadegree View Post
    The manager definitely got his tactics wrong after the sending off, pumping high balls up to Hererra who had no one around him to lay off to was pointless and played right in to their hands. Also we had Rossiter and Kranjkar on the bench, but he brings on Pena, who he has admitted is nowhere near match fit (and it showed). But it all boils down to a cheat of a referee who was never going to let us win.
    In the manager's defence, I think Peņa is a more forward minded midfielder than either Kranjcar or Rossiter.

Chasing a game with 10 men is never the best environment for the former to flourish in while the latter appears to be more defensive in his approach, so I can maybe see Pedro's thinking in pitching the Mexican into the fray, but yes, it was certainly questionable given his fitness levels.

We need to ensure that match officials are honest and no longer influence the outcome of Championships.

FACTO