Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

Default Re: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

Quite a lot of people are unable to move on due to their unwillingness to support the Manager, I'm now of the belief that he could exceed expectations and the negativity on the Forum towards him wouldn't diminish.

He's far from perfect but can't we at least give him a chance, This place Bipolar at the best of times but its getting worse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoTorres View Post
    We ruthlessly go after the coward and cheat of a referee. We ruin the guys career as a warning to other refs.

On the park I'm still as confident as I was prior to the game. We're a good team and we'll finish at least second this season.
    Completely agree. This guy should be forced out of 'top' level football. That display yesterday is indefensible.

We ruthlessly go after the coward and cheat of a referee. We ruin the guys career as a warning to other refs.

On the park I'm still as confident as I was prior to the game. We're a good team and we'll finish at least second this season.
    Spot on. This in buckets.

We can start by beating hearts next week

results between now and the end of september will determine whether he stays or goes imo.

if we have top six ambitions, we need to beat hearts - it's a good old fashioned six pointer.

we also must beat partick thistle in the league cup - a must win game, no excuses.

anything we get from the tarriers would be a bonus, as we're not expected to win it anyway, so the only pressure is to avoid a drubbing.

that just leaves ross county, partick thistle, dundee and hamilton in the league.

anything less than a quad of convincing performances and 12 points will tells us uncategirically whether this team can walk the walk.

any major fck ups during this period will see the end of pedro caixinha at ibrox.

double post removed

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    Win football matches on a regular occurrence.

We've got to win every game up to the bheggars, get some thing from that game and continue to win after that.

Failure to do so will see us out the fight by September.
    This 100%. Winning games and points is the only thing that matters in sport. We have to find a way to do it. Manager fans and players. For me the players look like a focused bunch, albeit limited, but its a start.

The club has to make an official complaint about refereeing standards of all the officials in yesterdays game.
    A review or explanation as to how / why these decisions were made.
    Send a video to a panel of former referees and ask for objective opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Moodymann View Post
    Spot on. This in buckets.
    How can we do this though in reality ?

Quote Originally Posted by s_mac View Post
    results between now and the end of september will determine whether he stays or goes imo.

if we have top six ambitions, we need to beat hearts - it's a good old fashioned six pointer.

we also must beat partick thistle in the league cup - a must win game, no excuses.

anything we get from the tarriers would be a bonus, as we're not expected to win it anyway, so the only pressure is to avoid a drubbing.

that just leaves ross county, partick thistle, dundee and hamilton in the league.

anything less than a quad of convincing performances and 12 points will tells us uncategirically whether this team can walk the walk.

any major fck ups during this period will see the end of pedro caixinha at ibrox.
    If we have top 6 ambitions ?

Top 6 ?? we are grim last season and still came 3rd, I'm sure our ambitions are a lot higher than coming 6th

we did not react well but should have been able too. there was more than enough experience on the pitch to do it - players need to look at themselves. Should Pedro made different subs ??? probably but still we could/should have coped.

Quote Originally Posted by albertz84 View Post
    How can we do this though in reality ?
    Make s formal complaint to the sfa backed by video evidence .

Covertly , look at this chancer to see how he goes about his day , skeletons in his cupboard . I have always thought we should do this with certain journos . Gambling debts , extra marital affairs , weird sexual fantasies . Expose these people anonymously and ruin their lives , but quietly tell them who it was and why it happened .

The dowanhill hack in FF years ago alluded to journos seedy lives , if they're going to point fingers at our club they better make sure they have clean hands .

One thing we do need is a 3 man midfield v the tims, aberdeen, hibs and hearts as the 2 in the middle with 2 attacking full backs in a 442 is far too open to a counter.

Top 6? You are definitely at it. We'll finish second comfortably and will be a lot closer to them than the panty wetters would have you believe.

Progres apart I've been impressed by us so far this season.

Wish I had your optimism about being a good team that will finish this season 1 or 2. I feel we have a much better all round squad and hopefully will bring a couple more players. But, It's a new team very early in the season and so far I have not been convinced. After the Euro shambles we improved in a few friendlies- but I don't read too much into friendlies. Motherwell was a tight game and a good win. Dunfermline were well beat but looked a very poor side

The next few games will tell us how much we have improved,and if we are capable of challenging the Sheep and Tim's

Quote Originally Posted by albertz84 View Post
    If we have top 6 ambitions ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Fine View Post
    Top 6 ?? we are grim last season and still came 3rd, I'm sure our ambitions are a lot higher than coming 6th
    Quote Originally Posted by Portadown_Bear View Post
    Top 6? You are definitely at it. We'll finish second comfortably and will be a lot closer to them than the panty wetters would have you believe.

Progres apart I've been impressed by us so far this season.

i'm sure we will - but - it's one thing saying it, it's another thing doing it.

we should still have been able to have come from a goal behind on saturday, and see that hivs team off, but we couldn't, and instead let the game slip away from us.

could have / should have, blah blah blah.

we've heard all the talk, now it's time to walk the walk.

18. Default Re: Once the dust has settled- How do we move on?

A well reflected post. Totally agree that this would have been an eyeopener for Pedro, he needs to learn fast 'cos others teams will likely adopt the same tactics.
    Against Hibs, at 1-1, and down to ten men, yes they should have tried to contain them, at least until half-time. perhaps play with a lone striker and hit them on the counter. Not sure we can do this, but he may have to work on this as we won't be able to steamroll teams like Dunfermline every week.
    The substitions, and not just in this game, have been baffling at times. Still, the manager reserves the right - as he sees them on a daily basis - and if they work then fair enough. But up until now, I'm not convinced. At the Progres game, he put Windass on at 0-0 and he arguably cost us the 2 goals. Just an example but no news on that front... the jury's still out.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinist View Post
    Make s formal complaint to the sfa backed by video evidence .

Covertly , look at this chancer to see how he goes about his day , skeletons in his cupboard . I have always thought we should do this with certain journos . Gambling debts , extra marital affairs , weird sexual fantasies . Expose these people anonymously and ruin their lives , but quietly tell them who it was and why it happened .

The dowanhill hack in FF years ago alluded to journos seedy lives , if they're going to point fingers at our club they better make sure they have clean hands .
    ****in hell.......

We move on in a football sense by beating hearts firstly and try to go on a run of victories at least up to when the yahoos come to Ibrox.

Setting the refereeing to the side for now since that was a freakshow, I'm 50/50 on the performance.

At the start, I thought we were in great shape, playing well and looking like we could bury them.
    After freakshow refereeing kicks in and we go down to ten, the gameplan from there was awful.

Flat back three was leaving huge gaps where Hibs were wandering through at will. Alves was then just lumping balls forward as far as he could.

Without sounding too misty-eyed for old managers, you would never have seen Walter leave gaps like that. It should have been, get your shape, hunker-in and break when you could.

Quote Originally Posted by mildmannered janitor View Post
    Setting the refereeing to the side for now since that was a freakshow, I'm 50/50 on the performance.

At the start, I thought we were in great shape, playing well and looking like we could bury them.
    After freakshow refereeing kicks in and we go down to ten, the gameplan from there was awful.

Flat back three was leaving huge gaps where Hibs were wandering through at will. Alves was then just lumping balls forward as far as he could.

Without sounding too misty-eyed for old managers, you would never have seen Walter leave gaps like that. It should have been, get your shape, hunker-in and break when you could.
    totally agree with that, also Walter would never have allowed Murray to roam about like that he would have had it drilled into our defender to keep him on his left side.

Just when things were getting better you are left doubting Pedro again. More i reflect on that game the more I come back to the poor decisions straight after the sending off. Too much emotion and no enough cool thinking. For me still huge questions over his tactical awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Sasac View Post
    We get smarter, more clinical and we make sure no one controls a 45 mins at Ibrox like that ever again.

They went 3-5-2 knowing our shape with 4 mids and 2 of them playing very wide. Gave them a chance to rough up Dorrans and Jack. They executed their plan very well in the end but the fact remains we could have been out of sight before the red card.

The fight is there, the belief is, or at least was, there. I have more confidence in this group than last season's players. These guys fight for themselves and for their team mates. They will come good and we need to back them.

The ref situation, I have no idea. Speak out and highlight inconsistencies where we see them and make sure we aren't a soft target like we have been in recent years.
    Controlled? We were a player short after 30 minutes or so. Before that we were much the better team and were a deflection away from being 2-0 up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suramericaranger View Post
    We'll learn from this and get a reaction. From the 2-0 tarrier game/5-1 tarrier game/Aberdeen defeat/Progress defeat/Hibs defeat.

We'll be getting more embarrassments as long as Pedro is in charge.
    This for me mate. Pedro will be gone by Christmas and then some sucker will have to deal with a bunch of Mexican and Portuguese players who want away and no one wants. We also need a board who will speak out about the atrocious display by Beaton who is either a cheat or useless (probably both).

Blog Entries

I agree we pursue this ref and make sure he never refs a game against us again.

As for the football I think if we don't sign decent full backs a left winger and a goal scorer we won't do any better than last season.

I doubt it is going to happen therefore I think the only way to move on is to actually appoint the best manager we can afford.

I want him to succeed but he keeps failing in the big games and I'm growing very weary of it.

If he does go those who appointed him should also.

If the Board want him to get back in this they have no choice they have to find the players for the positions mentioned or they will have an even bigger expense with a new management team.