Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Streetsmart Enough

Default Not Streetsmart Enough

From what I have saw from the game we are too honest. When Dorrans gets booted from behind, why does he not stay down and make the refs decision more in our favour, same with Tav/Stokes.

It was the same with Moult last week - Dorran's got tackled late at the edge of the box then jumped straight back up instead of lying down for treatment.

We are not smart enough about this and yet the Portuguese are normally switched on about these things?

Default Re: Not Streetsmart Enough

Dorrans is Scottish mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Dorrans is Scottish mate.
    well played...

And there's me thinking Graham was from Porto.

My example was not the best, I was trying to say that with our Portuguese players and management advice would be given within the team.

Lol �� .!,!!!

Blog Entries

Because we're a club that is built on honest integrity.

It wouldn't have mattered yesterday,John Cheaton had decided the outcome of the match when he blew the first whistle.

OP is 100% correct. Not asking him to dive but when he is fouled stay on the ground and make the referee make the decision on the foul. Jumping up and going for the guy does nothing but start a rammy, which takes the focus off the guy who committed the original foul and gives him the chance to imagine he seen something and send off a Rangers player.

Blog Entries

We certainly need to up or games man ship tav goes down holding his face and the guy who doesn't know who is maw is booked or sent off

Same with jack go down holding your face when the same prick raises his hands

Putting the cheating bastard ref to the side for a moment from the first fifteen minutes their total game plan had became apparent and we fell for it. They set out to leave the boot in whenever possible and to go to ground under any challenge,everything and anything to disrupt and frustrate us (i include the fans in this also). Throw in the cheating bastard ref and we have what was seen by all yesterday, this has to be the worst run of poor decisions against us in one game ever.

So basically the Spoonburners were more street smart then with a poor ref falling for it hook, line and sinker?

Quote Originally Posted by two2tango View Post
    We certainly need to up or games man ship tav goes down holding his face and the guy who doesn't know who is maw is booked or sent off

Same with jack go down holding your face when the same prick raises his hands
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work for us - remember Lafferty v Aberdeen. There's a different set of rules for us, and it's written by the mhedia, with the compliant compliance officers backing.

While it's pleasing to see us with fight, we do need to choose our battles more wisely. Why round on that hibs striker when we should have been targeting stokes who was on a yellow and wound up. They did it with Morelos which ensured he got a booking.

Also think our players should have been all over the ref at half-time. Instead all we had was windass putting his arm round him.

He could have had a limp hanging off and booked for simulation.

Well said OP, I've said this for years, other teams know how to fake it, and I'm sorry if we have to do the same to try to get an even playingfield then so be it.

As much as I dislike it, the OP is correct Jacks red card was the perfect example.
    When stokes came looking for him after already leaning in with the head and already on a yellow (when shouldn't have been on park) Jack should simply have stood his ground and allowed him to walk into him, even the cheating wank would struggle to ignore that.

Instead Jack backed of as if to diffuse the incident and if he did realize he was for the off, then all the more so to take one with you.

There's no level playing field , if our player lies down and doesn't get up after a challenge you can rest assured the ref waves play on and we're now a man down.
    I'm beginning to believe that due to not being able to punish our club into non existence they're just going to put obnoxious referees and biased corruption in our path.

The OP has a fair point but Mr Brightside has it right when he states that the ref had decided the outcome of the match when he blew the first whistle.

If our players had acted like angels, we'd have been hacked about with impunity.

When our players matched their actions, we were treated less fairly than they were.

If we'd had players being "clever" by going down, they'd have been booked and even sent off for simulation.

No matter how we'd approached this game, the result had already been decided by the ref (and at least one other official) -- I think that's pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    It wouldn't have mattered yesterday,John Cheaton had decided the outcome of the match when he blew the first whistle.
    Correct, if this guy is allowed to continue, the games a bogey up here, no matter what we done yesterday, we were going to lose.

there is no doubt the ref had a howler but the OP is correct - u watch every team now who visit Ibrox with the kicks out, shoves, elbows etc etc - we dont have to dive but play the game, could not agree more - Dorrans just stay down and hold your ankle - they done it to Morelos every time he went near them and few tackles later he gets booked for it

Hivs started the victim card over a week ago and continued it on the pitch - however as mentioned the ref ????? no idea ho he came to some of the decision yesterday !

We should know to expect any TLB team will make up for their footballing deficiencies by playing the dirty game...leave the boot in and go down under the softest of challenges.

Reacting aggressively is the worst thing we can do.

The op is spot on. Our players reacting to Stokes kept him on the pitch in the Tavernier incident. How McGeoch stayed on the pitch is beyond my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by skorn View Post
    The OP has a fair point but Mr Brightside has it right when he states that the ref had decided the outcome of the match when he blew the first whistle.

If our players had acted like angels, we'd have been hacked about with impunity.

When our players matched their actions, we were treated less fairly than they were.

If we'd had players being "clever" by going down, they'd have been booked and even sent off for simulation.

No matter how we'd approached this game, the result had already been decided by the ref (and at least one other official) -- I think that's pretty obvious.
    Exactly, our players get punched, we get booked. We get grabbed by the throat, red card. We get stuck in a headlock, foul against.

This was stacked against us from the start. The only thing I can criticise form our side was not getting a midfielder on the park as soon as we went down to 10.

I think when either Candeias or someone else went down at the Govan side after a challenge. The linesman just signalled for him to get up.

The officials would probably have started booking our players for simulation if they rolled about yesterday.
    Last edited by Leo_Ger; 1 Week Ago at 12:01.

Just watched the St Johnstone highlights. Every dodgy tackle completed by Motherwell the St Johnstone player rolls and lies down - result from Ref - cards galore with 2 outfield players sent off because of this.

No jumping up starting a rammynjust letting the moment pass for maximum impact.