Thread: Today Will Strengthen Us.

Default Today Will Strengthen Us.

I cant be happy with the decisions and result today but I have confidence in this group of players.Today a few of them found out what it takes to play for Rangers and what to expect from opposing teams and incompetent(and Im being kind in that choice of word) Officials/I genuinely feel we lost that game due to that appalling decision to red card Ryan Jack.
    Personally,I thought it was handbags,no more than a booking.However,if Ryan Jack is carded for that why was Stokes not dealt with in the same manner as he ran 20 yards to get involved,which to me shows more intent than an instant reaction like Ryan Jack had.That decision turned the game and I think Beaton wasnt strong enough to handle the occasion..What I will say about Jack was Im glad he stood up for the team and his teammates and put down a marker that no-one will come to Ibrox and try and bully us and get away with it
    We as a squad will learn from this and if I was Pedro the first thing I would be insisting on Monday is that we build a siege mentality as we will get no breaks from anyone Every fan of every other club enjoys and wants us in crisis,every so called journalist bar a couple of exceptions want and revel in that too.However,we are not in crisis.Today should motivate us.We will make today motivate us,I`m 100% confident of that.

2. Default Re: Today Will Strengthen Us.

I expect full points from Hearts, Ross County and Dundee then at least a draw against the bheggars at Ibrox.

Failure to do so sees us out the title race, similar to last season, and that's not good enough.

Default Re: Today Will Strengthen Us.

Thread sounds like a Warburton soundbyte. These Internationals we have better realise quickly that every game against us is a cup final and get up for the fight.

The microscope will be back out as well regarding the managers signings - if Pena our marquee signing is at the dancing and pubs - he might be the man who cuts Pedros throat.

4. Default Re: Today Will Strengthen Us.

No it won't unless manager learns to manage . Should have pulled Kenny Miller today and stuck on Rossiter. Why didn't he ?

Point is if manger can't make right descion at right time we will always be weak.

Blog Entries

We should have still had enough on that park to beat Hibs. It was 1-1 at the time so we should have cut our cloth to suit. Now that I've saw it I do believe Ryan made it easy for the ref have an easy decision. I also believe that both should have been dealt the same punishment.

We're still bedding in and when we do we will be a force to be reckoned with.

im not so sure about that, I think it may sew seeds of doubt in our team , we have had 5 competitive games so far and bar the Dunfermline game and parts of the motherwell game, we have looked fragile, easy to get at, impotant and at times not really knowing what shape or formation we are supposed to be playing

7. Default Re: Today Will Strengthen Us.

Other than the Dunfermline match we look pretty rotten tbh.

35 minutes of the first half at Fir Park and 20 minutes yesterday being the good moments. Matches last for 90. Add Progres home and away and it's not exactly great is it.

We are a new team but the weaknesses are glaringly obvious at this moment in time: full backs can't defend, our defence has been beaten too easily on a number of occasions, our midfield is still weak, falls out the game and we don't create enough chances. When we do, we usually miss.

Then there is the managers decision making which is still hard to understand.

We are a few bad results away from an eruption. Constantly walking in egg shells is not a good thing.

This early in the season and the hearts game on Saturday is a must win.a failure to win all the doubts that are out there among the support will come to the surface.harsh yes but its reality,because of the results we have had stretching back to last season under pedro their really isn't any margin for error.

Blog Entries

Yesterday was a disaster we looked good for the first 20 then were 2nd best the ref did have a nightmare no doubt but we were poor were under pressure really early in the season we can't afford to drop any more points before we play them

Early doors, but the managers decisions are Phucking baffling at times and hardly gives us a base to strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by robroystonloyal View Post
    No it won't unless manager learns to manage . Should have pulled Kenny Miller today and stuck on Rossiter. Why didn't he ?

Point is if manger can't make right descion at right time we will always be weak.
    I don't want my striker in midfield, particularly when he's not very good there. I know he pops up with a goal now and then, but I wouldn't start him. Herrera isn't mobile enough IMO. We need somebody in the mould of Naismith to work the centre backs and make runs in behind. The only good thing that may come of yesterday's game is that it may build a siege mentality amongst them.

suramericaranger is offline anyone in marketing or advertising...kill yourself

Yas, we will be super strong in that case after the strengthening of yesterday, the strengthening after Progres and the strengthening from the hammerings last season.

Jee,I wouldnt want a bunch of defeatist like that in the trenches besdide me

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    I expect full points from Hearts, Ross County and Dundee then at least a draw against the bheggars at Ibrox.

Failure to do so sees us out the title race, similar to last season, and that's not good enough.
    Game at a time, mate. But I do agree of the next four are very much winnable.

I certainly hope so. I don't mind confessing I was more than disappointed by yesterday's result. I felt sick to my stomach. I really expected us to go on a relatively lengthy unbeaten spell to start the season. We all know it was vitally important to any pretence we might have had on challenging for the title. To drop points so soon, especially to a newly promoted side was a kick in the balls, and it hurt.

I suppose we should take into account the effects of a wildly erratic refereeing performance, but I'm not one for excuses. The fact we were at Ibrox should've been enough to mitigate that. What can't be blamed on the ref and for me was the most disturbing aspect of yesterday's game was how inconsistent we were defensively. I really thought we had solved our Central defensive dilemma, however it would appear that's not the case. Whether it's new full backs we need, or to bolster our central defense further, we need to use what's left of the transfer window and what money is left in the kitty to make our defence stronger and less of a vulnerability.

Our course it might also be than the new squad needs a little longer to gel. I don't share that opinion, but I'm willing to give it some credence. Also, having backed the manager financially it makes no sense to me to be talking of firing, at least until this side he has put together gets a decent chance to show it can work. At this point we need to buckle down and gain points. Realistic or not I'm looking for a winning run from now until we face the tarriers. At which time we can take stock again, hopefully from stronger position than today