Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alfredo Morelos

1. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tack View Post
    It's a fight for 2nd place my friend ,not a chance we will win the league this season .
    At least put up a fight ffs. We play them in four games time, they will win every match up until then, will we?

I doubt it. Wouldn't be surprised to be at least 6 behind them come the end of the game at Ibrox.

Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBolan View Post
    It would be interesting to see how we perform with a few games without Miller.

We've made a hell of a lot of changes under Warburton and Pedro but one constant has been Miller in that position.
    Miller pissing around all over the pitch grinds my tits! He takes about 5 touches just to turn around by that time the opposition are all back in position. The "on another day" comments could be said about every single season Miller has played at any club except for one single solitary season.
    I'm beginning to think it's in his contract to play every week. If he does eventually start missing out games I think he'll spit the dummy. He's not good enough for Rangers if he still wants to play then really he should be at a club below our expected level.

3. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by NeilstonGer View Post
    I get the feeling that the shirt won't rest too heavily on his shoulders. He looks a gallus wee so and so.
    I agree, looks raring to go.

Of course he is raw, he is a boy, but he doesn't look to be in the least bit over awed (i didn't see yesterday) from what i have saw so far. If we can get the service up to the forwards correct he will do us a turn. I am sure of it.

He also has a certain amount of gamesmanship to his game that is quite clever for someone so young. His game isn't centered about the 18 yard box. Comes back and works, invites fouls, will foul himself if it is required.

Nup, i am not worried about this boy.

Miller needs to keep himself in the final third of play. It doesn't work for him or the team when he drops deeper, his passing can be terrible at times and it breaks up and slows down our play.
    Last edited by artificialintoleranz; 1 Week Ago at 09:29.

4. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by kingging View Post
    I really like the look of Morelos. Scored 2 on Wednesday and 1 yesterday. The pace of our play with Windass, Candeias and Morelos is much quicker than last season with Jack and Dorrans distributing to that pace.
    FWIW I think Miller now slows that pace down a bit but still think he is a better option than Herrera most of the time
    He might be but only if he stays up field. The moment he drops back he loses any effectiveness he has.

Like the look of morelos. Undoubtedly is raw and needs to develop a level of maturity in his game from a tactical perspective however he certainly has talent.

Re miller, he was poor today. Not seen a replay of the chance he missed that hit the post but my first thoughts were he was unlucky. It looked like he would have scored but it took a slight deflection of the defender.

We play a 4411 and thats why i dont think we will see herrera and morelos start together. We dont have anyone else who can play the role miller is being asked to play (would suit a certain norwich player down to a tee...)

What does it actually mean to say he's raw? I keep reading this repeatedly from posters.
    Does it just mean that's he's young?

He certainly looks like he knows how to finish. I'll take his rawness over any of our other strikers!
    "I met a lady in the meads,
    Full beautiful – a faery’s child,
    Her hair was long, her foot was light,
    And her eyes were wild."

Quote Originally Posted by sherbrook_loyal View Post
    What does it actually mean to say he's raw? I keep reading this repeatedly from posters.

He certainly looks like he knows how to finish. I'll take his rawness over any of our other strikers!
    i would think it means he's inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbrook_loyal View Post

For me, he tries to do everything at 100 miles an hour and lacks a bit of composure in his overall play. He ended up running about like a headless chicken following the sending off rather than picking and choosing when to push himself. However that will all develop with time.

Certainly knows where the goal is and gets himself in the right positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Embra Bear View Post
    i would think it means he's inexperienced.
    I'll take an 'inexperienced' striker who scores goals over an 'experienced' one who runs about like he's got a rocket up his arse.

Morelos played well yesterday i thought, held the ball up well, made some good runs, found space and scored a good goal.

Over the games against Dumfermline and that mob he has became our main striker i reckon.

Blog Entries

I've heard this " he needs to stop falling down all the time" line on here a few times now and I don't really understand it.
    Yesterday he was up against a very physical defence, almost every contact resulted in a foul for the defender.
    He likes to draw defenders onto him when he's holding the ball up, inevitably he'll end up on the deck sometimes.
    He's come from a league where, perhaps, defenders aren't given a free pass to bundle forwards about, so maybe he will take a game or three to get used to that, but the last thing he needs is getting labelled as someone who goes down too easily, especially when it's not true.

12. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by Northampton Lodger View Post
    He should be first pick along with Herrera . Kenny can replace either for the last 20 if required, Morelos is one of those strikers like McCoist who will always find a yard of space in the box .
    Totally agree with this, why Miler starts every game is beyond me. It does look like Herrera is struggling to adjust and might not make an impact, but with him and Morelos would be a better pairing in a 442 surely. Miller dropping into midfield does my head in, what the f**k is that about! he thinks he can control the whole game from up front, Pedro needs to drop him for the Hearts game and see what the shape looks like with him out. Especially when you have Rossiter, Pena & Kranjcar in the squad fighting for a start.

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by johnwoods88 View Post
    A bit harsh on miller who on another day would've had a double and taken his tally to 3 in 2 (in the league)
    Would have, could have, should have, if only, but it didn't happen. All these words are now acceptable language amongs our support. We went through the whole of last season saying the same and here we are in week 2 of the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by WWTC#55 View Post
    Totally agree with this, why Miler starts every game is beyond me. It does look like Herrera is struggling to adjust and might not make an impact, but with him and Morelos would be a better pairing in a 442 surely. Miller dropping into midfield does my head in, what the f**k is that about! he thinks he can control the whole game from up front, Pedro needs to drop him for the Hearts game and see what the shape looks like with him out. Especially when you have Rossiter, Pena & Kranjcar in the squad fighting for a start.

Just saying...
    I dont know why people keep thinking we play a 442. Its a 4411. That is why miller has clearly been instructed to drop into midfield to try and link to the other striker.

He was knackered after 45 minutes yesterday. Needs to get his fitness up.

But I do like the look of him, his movement on Wednesday night was really good.

16. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by final_straws View Post
    I dont know why people keep thinking we play a 442. Its a 4411. That is why miller has clearly been instructed to drop into midfield to try and link to the other striker.
    Maybe so, but it boils down to the same shape does it not? the other thing is that he's not that good at that role! He has been a great servant to the club and you can't fault his commitment, heart and desire but he should be an impact player from the bench this season.

We have Kranjcar and Pena sitting on the bench FFS, wouldn't they play that role better? they might not be fully fit but surely they would be more suited? JMO

Blog Entries

Morales is the pick of the new signings so far.

Quote Originally Posted by napierbear View Post
    I get the feeling a lot is going to rest on this lads shoulders this season. Probably more than it should.

21 years old and looks our only real threat up front. He took his goal well today and was unlucky not to get another to make it 2-2.
    Thats why we need to get Naismith in asap

The issue with Miller is that he tries to drop deeper and become a playmaker - he's just not very good at it. He's frustrating as well because he misses a LOT of easy chances, yet he'll manage to score a screamer like that one against Aberdeen last season.

I don't think he should play every game though as he's keeping some very good players out the team.

20. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

The big problem for me if the balance of our front two is not right if Morelos doesn't play. Herrera and Miller is just not going to work, we would be better player Morelos or Hardie with Herrera or Miller

He's scoring good strikers goals but there's a long way to go before we can be sure he is going to do that consistently-not convinced with his overall play but a lot of that depends on what we expect him to do.

I can't work out if we start full power out of the traps and intentionally stop supporting or if a) we can't sustain the pressing/supporting or b) better teams just start to work their way back into the game. It is happening though.

Him and Herrera as a partnership looked poor yesterday but we were a man down.
    Last edited by DylanGer; 1 Week Ago at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post
    The issue with Miller is that he tries to drop deeper and become a playmaker - he's just not very good at it. He's frustrating as well because he misses a LOT of easy chances, yet he'll manage to score a screamer like that one against Aberdeen last season.

I don't think he should play every game though as he's keeping some very good players out the team.
    Miller is I strongly suspect told where to play-against Motherwell he's supposed to drop depper and play in the hole-supporting both attack and midfield. Against the Pars he played a lot closer to the striker.

Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post

Miller should be playing in and around the box even i'm fed up with him dropping back and playing this make shift midfield role. It needs to stop and Caixinha needs to sort this out.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    Miller misses just like he missed last week at a point in the game where we pull away.

I'm sick of watching him play every game, he needs dropped.

If we are going two up top I want to see Morelos and Herrera.
    Herrera is awful,slower than me. Doesn't win enough in the air and looks like he could go all season and not score. I do agree with your points on Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Miller is I strongly suspect told where to play-against Motherwell he's supposed to drop depper and play in the hole-supporting both attack and midfield. Against the Pars he played a lot closer to the striker.
    He's nowhere near good enough to play that role effectively.