Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alfredo Morelos

Default Alfredo Morelos

I get the feeling a lot is going to rest on this lads shoulders this season. Probably more than it should.

21 years old and looks our only real threat up front. He took his goal well today and was unlucky not to get another to make it 2-2.

Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

A bit harsh on miller who on another day would've had a double and taken his tally to 3 in 2 (in the league)

Quote Originally Posted by johnwoods88 View Post
    A bit harsh on miller who on another day would've had a double and taken his tally to 3 in 2 (in the league)
    Miller is starting to become a luxury we cannot afford. Breaks up play and gives away possession constantly. Not to mention fluffs various chances.

Eh?

If he got a double he would have been on 2. Dorrans scored both goals week 1.

He will bag goals but he is very raw we can't rely on him to get the goals to win the title

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Frost View Post
    He will bag goals but he is very raw we can't rely on him to get the goals to win the title
    We were never going to win the title this season anyway

Or, really, Miller adds another easy chance to his one last week?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by napierbear View Post
    I get the feeling a lot is going to rest on this lads shoulders this season. Probably more than it should.

21 years old and looks our only real threat up front. He took his goal well today and was unlucky not to get another to make it 2-2.
    Eager to do well,good goal yesterday.

How often is this phrase repeated,on another day Kenny would have scored blah,blah,blah

I get the feeling that the shirt won't rest too heavily on his shoulders. He looks a gallus wee so and so.

11. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Miller misses just like he missed last week at a point in the game where we pull away.

I'm sick of watching him play every game, he needs dropped.

If we are going two up top I want to see Morelos and Herrera.

Blog Entries

Kenny miller is a real problem

He cannot play midfield where he hides and exposes our defence as he cannot run or tackle

He has missed two absolute sitters which were game changers

He is a blind spot as he scores the occasional goal

He should be a sub but plays every minute

Ffs he missed them, he shouldn't have missed them but he did, do we now add his chances missed to make his selection credible ?

Quote Originally Posted by two2tango View Post
    Kenny miller is a real problem

He cannot play midfield where he hides and exposes our defence as he cannot run or tackle

He has missed two absolute sitters which were game changers

He is a blind spot as he scores the occasional goal

He should be a sub but plays every minute
    Spot on! I'm ****ing sick of the fact he bangs a goal in now and then masking the fact he's not good enough.

He should've scored yesterday and Motherwell.

15. Default Re: Alfredo Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    Spot on! I'm ****ing sick of the fact he bangs a goal in now and then masking the fact he's not good enough.

He should've scored yesterday and Motherwell.
    His passing is also woeful and gives away possession too easily. Caixinha is doing himself no favours by playing him every game no matter what.

Thankfully this is his last season but the damage will be done this season before any thing changes.

Morelos will score goals with service I have seen enough to be fairly sure of that he needs a partner tho that is also clear as day.

The problem is that we will moan about the performance of the refereee and bump our gums for a few days. The mhanks will either have fans or employees compiling "evidence" of any perceived injustices.

Who has the better method and who gets results ?

He should be first pick along with Herrera . Kenny can replace either for the last 20 if required, Morelos is one of those strikers like McCoist who will always find a yard of space in the box .

We need another striker,another wide player and at least one full back.

I'd hardly say any of millers chances were "sitters" and if that's what you deem sitters then Morelos missed the biggest one of the day.
    I've not seen enough of Morelos or Herrera to effectively judge them, however Herrera looks slow and not exactly a goal threat, Morelos looks like he often knows where to be in the box if he can actually stay on his feet long enough to get there. He's a big boy but the way (against Dunfermline particularly) he was falling over at every touch needs to stop, he won't get fouls with us the way Hartson, Sutton and co. did

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    His passing is also woeful and gives away possession too easily. Caixinha is doing himself no favours by playing him every game no matter what.

Thankfully this is his last season but the damage will be done this season before any thing changes.
    Pretty sure Kenny has been directly involved in almost of our goals since Progres?

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Frost View Post
    It's a fight for 2nd place my friend ,not a chance we will win the league this season .

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tack View Post
    It's a fight for 2nd place my friend ,not a chance we will win the league this season .
    This is the unfortunate reality.

It would be interesting to see how we perform with a few games without Miller.

We've made a hell of a lot of changes under Warburton and Pedro but one constant has been Miller in that position.
    Last edited by GaryBolan; 1 Week Ago at 08:23.

I really like the look of Morelos. Scored 2 on Wednesday and 1 yesterday. The pace of our play with Windass, Candeias and Morelos is much quicker than last season with Jack and Dorrans distributing to that pace.
    FWIW I think Miller now slows that pace down a bit but still think he is a better option than Herrera most of the time