Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Morelos 'foul' on McGregor today

Default Re: The Morelos 'foul' on McGregor today

I actually burst out laughing when he gave the foul against Morelos. Was that ridiculous that it was beyond parody.

Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post
    To be fair Morelos had a few fouls so I think his booking for persistent fouling was justified.
    Was it ****. Three "fouls" in a row were dives frim Hibs and then he got booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    candieas booking was equally as bad, still doesnt take away how bad we were though for all three goals which were incredibly weak.
    And there's threads for people who simply want to put the boot into the coach, leave the shite in there.

4. Default Re: The Morelos 'foul' on McGregor today

The linesman at the govan end second half couldn't keep up with play.Twice in the space of 5mins hibs player clearly offside but this tit was 5yards off the pace

Rangers should be using the word "cheat" in reference to Beaton and saying he can't be trusted to referee our games impartially. The evidence is all there.

To be fair Morelos had a few fouls so I think his booking for persistent fouling was justified.
    You could probably say the same about 5 or 6 Hibs players but guess what they seemed to get away with it. And once again it s the same drum I keep on beating the opposition can foul all day long before a booking is forthcoming our players can't.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniels78 View Post
    Despite Pedro choosing his words carefully they are still trying to make him out to be the villain. The ref showing hibs they could get away with anything and that's just what they did
    Which is why imho he should have dispensed with subtle diplomacy and called out every rotten decision. We don't have a level playing field. Both the authorities and media will spin anyway. Thoroughly tired of dignified and measured responses when we get neither and every no mark is out to deliver the very opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluebroxi View Post
    Was it ****. Three "fouls" in a row were dives frim Hibs and then he got booked.
    I agree. McGeough especially dived everytime Morellos went near him. He seemed on a mission to get him sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by cloodie View Post
    I agree. McGeough especially dived everytime Morellos went near him. He seemed on a mission to get him sent off.
    Spot on mate, said exactly this at the game. Just spoke to a mate at work ( who referees boys/ amateur games) and he said it was the worst he had witnessed. Media will probably give Beaton 8/10

Morelos reacted poorly to the McGregor foul. Bad decision by bad ref prompts a couple of frustrating fouls by striker, Result, Morelos booked.

Same with the Dorrans rammy. Bad foul by Hibs player results in Rangers player red card. Player who committed original bad foul goes unpunished.

Rangers should compile a video of these decisions from yesterday and highlight them at the next press conference,Pedro should ask the press how that was a foul on McGregor,ask how Ryan Jack managed to get a red card etc.
    We need to highlight how bad Cheaton was yesterday,pressure must be put on him or else it will continue.

12. Default Re: The Morelos 'foul' on McGregor today

I see they have an image of Lennon cupping his ear to the crowd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    Rangers should compile a video of these decisions from yesterday and highlight them at the next press conference,Pedro should ask the press how that was a foul on McGregor,ask how Ryan Jack managed to get a red card etc.
    We need to highlight how bad Cheaton was yesterday,pressure must be put on him or else it will continue.
    That's a fantastic idea mate theclub should release the video and show stills of fouls against us

Fouls that the referee books our players

Fouls where the referee doesn't book hibs players

The stokes incidents

It's plain bias and corruption

Beaton's performance v Celtic last season was just as bad where he didn't even speak to brown or thumb for crowd provocation

Highlight the Lennon incident

We are judged to different rules we only want parity

It's a weekly occurrence now

I hope there is decent live footage of this incident, the still is good but it is at the very tail end of what happened. Morelos was first to the ball McGregor grabs him in a choke hold, Morelos wriggles free, Morelos gets penalised ?

The linesman at the SJ stand should also be highlighted at this point , he was just about level with where we are in the main stand front at the time and could have intervened in the decision. This was one of several incidents including allowing blatant offside decisions to play on we witnessed directly in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Duncan Ferguson View Post

Christ. On. A. Bike.
    Clear foul, Moreales is cleary going in with his neck.

He could be seriously injured McGregor's forearm.

On another note McGregor strolled through that game yesterday along with the dumpling beside him.

Sad times

Do that in rugby straiget Redo and several weeks ban
    I have not seen any footage of the game yet and although it will be heavily edited in HIVS favour there must be questions of Beaton's suitability as a ref

That was a red for me every day of the week. Morelos and Mcgregor were chasing a through ball and only the keeper left so he was stopping a clear goalscoring chance

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    There was one as bad in the first half up the LHS near the Broomie corner Morelos kicked the ball off McGegor's shin and he fell over-foul.
    That was right in front of me and I had a great view of it, Beaton was right there just behind them and had also had a great view, I was absolutely raging when he gave a foul against Morelos. There is no professional excuse for giving that decision. I would like to think it was incompetence but no one is that incompetent. Along with many many other of his decisions it was just blatant cheating. How many times did their players just come straight through the back of ours? A booking every single time, except in Beaton's world and don't get me started on Lennon!!

Disagree with it being justified I think there was 2 or 3 fouls in a row leading to the booking and at least 2 of they "fouls" were wrong.

Thought we started strong but ref completely changed the game.

Stokes throws Tav to the ground after a tackle, both get booked then Rangers somehow get the free kick. How does that work out out

Then after the foul on Dorrans, Stokes puts his hands round Jacks throat and put his head towards Jack and Jack gets sent off

Then McGregor pulls morellos down as last man with a wrestling move and foul goes against morellos.

Mcgeough who continued to commit fouls after his booking and should've been sent off as well then brings Pena to the ground when he's through on goal but the ref books McGregor because he thought he'd made the tackle.

Honestly man I believe these refs are incompetent rather than bias but yesterday was the most one sided performance I've seen.

One other thing that stood out to me though was the candieas booking. Candieas shouts towards the ref that was my first tackle only for Beaton to completely lose control and start shouting at our player at the top of his voice. There was no attempt of calming the situation from the official. He just lost it

Quote Originally Posted by alexo View Post
    Beaton's decisions were bad enough live, but seeing each one of them back with images like this just make it even worse. How can a FIFA list referee get it so wrong on so many occasions?
    Because John Beaton is a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbie73 View Post
    The linesman at the govan end second half couldn't keep up with play.Twice in the space of 5mins hibs player clearly offside but this tit was 5yards off the pace

Yep, You must have been sitting near me, with a clear view across the field. Five or six times in all.

23. Default Re: The Morelos 'foul' on McGregor today

My blood is still boiled about this cheat git this morning! These images are only making it worse! Glad Pedro has called him out, but as usual, WE will be the villans!

Even my wife who doesn't watch football could not believe some of the calls being made.

I mean i know we have never been liked, but the hatred seems to have just gone crazy the last few years, to the point that even the officials are not hiding it.

suramericaranger is offline anyone in marketing or advertising...kill yourself

The worst refereeing performance I've seen in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyy Bluenose View Post
    Morelos reacted poorly to the McGregor foul. Bad decision by bad ref prompts a couple of frustrating fouls by striker, Result, Morelos booked.

Same with the Dorrans rammy. Bad foul by Hibs player results in Rangers player red card. Player who committed original bad foul goes unpunished.
    I noticed that as well. That was certain card as he was way late on Mikker. Should have been a certain booking.