Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How Corrupt are Our Referees

Blog Entries

Default Re: How Corrupt are Our Referees

Almost all our refs appear to be incompetent but on occasions some go beyond that point. Incompetence works both ways i.e. on decisions related to both teams but here negative decisions were blatantly targeting one team and one team only - that raises the bar to the level of cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by soapysoutar View Post
    Yawn.
    More paranoia. The referee didn't score an og, or make our so called goalie have the reflexes of Prince Philip.
    They refs aren't great but they are not corrupt ffs.
    Sounds more and more like the fuddleboard every day on here.
    Christ Almighty ! Were you at the game? Didn't you see what was happening? Of course the ref didn't score an O.G. or affect how our goalie perform but he DID do plenty to influence the outcome of the game the biggest of which was sending off one of our players and to add insult to injury allowed the Hibs players free reign to assault our players with impunity! No, that was a blatant show of bias by the ref, AND he must know it as he was making conscious unfair decisions against us to affect the game.
    All any of us want is fairness from the officials,no less and no more.

W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by frankfurterbear1 View Post
    king should be the one coming out and stating his disgust. There should be a rtv dossier of Hivs fouls which should have resulted in yellow or red cards. The booking of Tav in the first five minutes set the tone, booked for being innocent victim yet same punishment as a Stokes assault.
    Pray tell, how do you know he is disgusted?

Many are above all this corrupt and cheating nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheline View Post

Maybe they're not cheats or corrupt. They are pathetic, cowardly, spineless rats though. Beaton should be hounded out of his job and never allowed to show his c*nt face in Scottish football again after yesterday.

Lennon and Stokes knew what they were doing.

A few hard/dirty challenges early on in the match as it is common knowledge noone gets sent off in the first few minutes in Scotland

Then, having nothing else to lose (knowing that with a full team Rangers would likely win) they start the fouling, baiting, fighting etc

It really is the worst case of refereeing I have ever seen, more frustrating as we know this season could be tight and every point is a prisoner.

Those saying these things even themselves out over a season are deluded, Celtic will have NO such decisions go against them. You can be certain of that.

I had until very recently felt corrupt referees were never a problem in our country, but in the last year or so some of the decisions against us have been outrageous. If the club or fans groups do not start to highlight these at every opportunity they will continue to happen. Beaton should never be allowed to referee another game involving Rangers again..

Quote Originally Posted by soapysoutar View Post
    Yawn.
    More paranoia. The referee didn't score an og, or make our so called goalie have the reflexes of Prince Philip.
    They refs aren't great but they are not corrupt ffs.
    Sounds more and more like the fuddleboard every day on here.
    Bollocks, we were cheated yesterday, McGeouch and Stokes should have been off, Jack should not have been sent off, he booked 8 Rangers players and sent one off with only 3 Hibs players booked, he chose to book McGregor instead of McGeouch who had already been booked. Last week Moult should have been off on 2 occasions, but was allowed to stay on the pitch, its more than a coincidence, believe me, the refs want to stay onside with the SFA to protect their jobs, and the best way to do that is to feck Rangers and keep Regan and Lawwell happy.

I've always tried to be reasonable on this, assuming that such reffing "leanings" would go in cycles and balance themselves out over long spells, etc, etc.

However ... to answer the thread question, "How Corrupt Are Our Referees ?"
    They are as corrupt as they need to be.

Yesterday's match is simply unanswerable as evidence of how rotten the Scottish game is now, with Rangers players cheated (by the ref), Rangers management disrespected (by the fourth official), and Rangers fans abused by an opposition manager (in front of a fourth official who deliberately turned away and then actually ignored the Police).

ALL at Ibrox.

The video shows there was compression.
    The still that experiment626 shows does not show compression and that is the referee's angle.

Away and take them to task.

I have said Jack's was a yellow
    I have came on. held my hands up he has had a bad day.
    I don't take any pleasure from saying he could have done better.
    It happens.
    Motherwell are bleating about their 3 red cards. Tommy Wright says they were red cards. That's football.

I am still not going down the road of cheating.

at a 1000 a game i wish i was that bad at my job , he's incompetent at best modern day football has left Scottish officiating behind and they'll struggle to catch up

The corruption starts at one club, manifests it's way into the governing bodies and filters down to their employees including pricks like Beaton

I think corrupt is a strong word. They are certainly cowardly and dare not send off someone like Stokes in case of Lemmy, claiming he & Hivs being victimised!

All that we wish for, is a fair and consistent referee. If Jack was a sending off then Stokes & McGeouch should have walked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbarton Ger View Post
    Beat me to it. They are shit scared of rocking the boat and losing their jobs so just toe the party line. Today's performance was the worst refereeing display I have ever seen in my 36 years of watching football
    The main stand side linesman was abysmal as well......Hibs tactics clear from the start.....every tackle was a foul.

More incompetent than corrupt IMHO

Not in the least
    You are of course correct with this, however your defence of all officialdom is your downfall. Why don't you call out refs getting it wrong as the ref did yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Gheorghe_Hagi View Post
    Maybe they're not cheats or corrupt. They are pathetic, cowardly, spineless rats though. Beaton should be hounded out of his job and never allowed to show his c*nt face in Scottish football again after yesterday.
    This for me. It seems players who come to Ibrox know that for the first 5 minutes there is 0% chance of you getting sent off no matter what you do.

Beaton cheated yesterday, there is absolutely no doubt about it. Why is the question.

Beaton, Thompson, Clancy, Dallas Jnr, Collum ... have a kept an eye out on their refereeing performances involving our games and the obvious bias bias against us is incredible.

It's like playing against a 12th man. The club needs to demand action from the SFA. They're out of control now.

18. Default Re: How Corrupt are Our Referees

Quote Originally Posted by kirkieger View Post
    Beaton cheated yesterday, there is absolutely no doubt about it. Why is the question.
    Survival and fear is the answer, imo, hes actually been quite fair to Rangers in the last couple of years and given us a good few decisions, no one was moaning before the game. But hes had some seriously negative coverage on tim tv, radio and papers, so yesterday he decided to do something about it and put in a totally biased and dishonest performance.

Also the fact Lennon is Hibs manager the refs are scared of him, or what he might say about them.

We will say it was shocking, shameful etc, but the ref knows hibs and most people outside the club will say he was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by onegill View Post
    The guy I sit beside told me he knows the family and the Ref today comes from a family with a strong Presbyterian history
    What, just like Graham Spiers?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kylegib View Post
    I have always held the belief that if you're good enough then the referee won't matter. However after witnessing the decisions today I know that's not always the case. I think referees find it easier to give decisions against us as whilst we'll be angry at wrong decisions we generally move on and get on with it. If decisions are wrongly given which affect Celtic the media and fans have it as some sort of conspiracy. Then if you remember Dougie McDonald changing his mind at a penalty decision affecting Celtic he was hounded from refereeing by the media and Celtic yet Craig Thompson changes his mind on a penalty decision for Rangers and not a word spoken about it, he actually went on to referee in the champions league.
    Those two incidents highlight the duplicity of refereeing in this country.

Ontheline. I have been going to the footballl for nye on 60 years now and like yourself I have no time for all this corrupt nonsense. I have seen some decisions in games that would take your breath away but I have never felt any were deliberate. Only human error.
    I also like to listen to your alternative views on some of the decisions people get in a state about.
    However what I witnessed yesterday has me actually questioning myself. I don't know if you were at the game or have witnessed it on playback but any ref can have a bad day and call a few things wrong where he upsets one or other sets of supporters. Sadly that didn't seem to be the case yesterday as it was not just a few decisions but nearer 15 or so outrageous decisions all against one team. I swear in all my years I have never seen an official make such drastic errors in straight forward decisions. It saddens me and I don't want to start calling the ref a cheat because in the main as I say the guys can make mistakes however I am finding it difficult to see what he done yesterday as 100% honest.

I also notice you haven't really put much of a defence up for him thus far but I understand you may not have seen all the incidents yet but I would be interested in your comments.
    Finally I was at the game yesterday with my friend who is also a ref and he was appalled by his display although he stopped short of calling him a cheat. I would also like to hear your take on the fourth officials input or the lack of it yesterday because he is there to assist the ref and he failed sadly doing that yesterday which led to the very unsavoury incident involving the Hibernian manager.
    The officials have one hell of a responsibility on them at these kind of games and again sadly when he should have shown his strength he decided to look the other way. Back in my day we would have said he had no backbone but I don't know how you would regard it in the modern game.

Beaton is quite clearly in the back pocket of someone.

His future as a referee is completely untenable after yesterday's blatant display.

23. Default Re: How Corrupt are Our Referees

They will probably send big thomson to do the Hearts game which is obviously a similar type of fixture as Hibs at home, tough game with opposition looking to get stuck in and make some challenges.

Hes the person that brought this type of refereeing into scottish football(i think so anyway) and this is how refs deal with hostile press and make sure most coverage in tim media is positive.

Match statistics
    Rangers 15 fouls 6 yellows 1 red
    Hibs 14 fouls 3 yellows 0 red
    Rangers were carded every 2 fouls
    Hibs were carded almost every 5 fouls
    This on its own is a shocking statistic.
    The average over the other SPL matches was a card every 5.5 fouls.
    Celtic were 1 yellow for 6 fouls.

The worst refereeing performance I have ever witnessed.
    Last edited by Tim Hunter; 6 Days Ago at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodymann View Post
    Beaton is quite clearly in the back pocket of someone.

His future as a referee is completely untenable after yesterday's blatant display.
    Feck all will happen to him.

When it comes to us it's all sewn up.