Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 372

Thread: Carlos Pena

  1. #151
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Badabing View Post
    It took Mikhailichenko the best part of 18 months to get up to speed with Scottish football, and he was considered one of the finest midfielders in Europe. It's not even just about adjusting to Scottish football, it's about adjusting to being a Rangers player.

    But here we have a guy who is fit but not yet quite fit enough for the absolute Royal Rumble that is the SPFL and we can't afford him a modicum of patience to get up to speed or adapt, preferring hyperbolic knicker wetting

    By all means write him off, but let's wait until we have actually seen the guy have a chance ffs.
    There's a difference between players adjusting and players not fit to do the basics and whilst they are on a special programme seem to spend a lot of time in the pub.

    This is not the era of big spending days-this is the era of every penny being a prisoner and players requiring to hit the ground running. It's the manager's balls on the line not my opinion.

  2. #152

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Pena might turn out to be a great player but Rangers at this moment in time simply cannot spend 3m+ on a player who requires so long to adapt.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    The knicker wetting line must be the lamest retort in debating history. Listen to the punters in the stands-they were not happy with Pena yesterday and that's going to make his integration into the team very difficult.

  4. #154

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Maybe Pedro is starting a new trend of your biggest transfer going on a player who is a work in progress.....soon to be copied by clubs all over the world.

    I mean 2.5/3M or whatever is nothing to us and we are so robust and blessed with such a strong squad that there is no debate at all about where that cash could have went.

    Maybe because I've just posted that on the internet it has no value but I would say Pena's transfer is a balls up of mega proportions whatever way you look at it.
    In a year or two years time you may well be correct.

    However, to call it a 'balls up of mega proportions' right now is ridiculous imo.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    17-04-2009
    Location
    E161st- River ave
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Finished article for 2/3M? Seriously I'm trolling because 8 weeks after he arrived-the same time as Herrera and he isn't fit?

    This was a transparently major gamble verging towards stupid transfer that has been questioned before he played that 20mins-that's the point. Either some of us are fortune tellers or it was daft to start with.
    Yup a troll, got it in one.
    Transparently major gamble verging on stupid? What the actual fck, you are beyond parody now. Attention seeking at its best on here. Who needs enemies....

  6. #156
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher23 View Post
    In a year or two years time you may well be correct.

    However, to call it a 'balls up of mega proportions' right now is ridiculous imo.
    Seriously? You must go to a different stadium than the one I do.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by gerz1873 View Post
    Yup a troll, got it in one.
    Transparently major gamble verging on stupid? What the actual fck, you are beyond parody now. Attention seeking at its best on here. Who needs enemies....
    I'l make it simple-when Pena came on yesterday I sat and watched. Around me and in the stands the punters were on his back instantly because he looked miles off the pace.

    So to post an opinion based on what a lot of Bears are saying in real life-which is his signing doesn't make sense-is trolling? Really?
    Last edited by DylanGer; 4 Days Ago at 16:55.

  8. #158

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Does anyone actually believe he cost us 3m? I dont. Perhaps he will cost that in total over his contract but no eay did we sprnd 3m

  9. #159
    Join Date
    28-07-2006
    Posts
    9,912

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    One point not covered is the fact that we have changed to 442 since the deal to sign him was done. All indications when we signed him was that he would fit into a 4231 formation.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    17-04-2009
    Location
    E161st- River ave
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    I'l make it simple-when Pena came on yesterday I sat and watched. Around me and in the stands the punters were on his back instantly because he looked miles of the pace.

    So to post an opinion based on what a lot of Bears are saying in real life is trolling? Really?
    You pollute multiple theads on here with your snide comments constantly ..have a day off.
    Think you know you are confusing the frustration in the stands caused by the refereeing performance that caused us a chance to win the game with your agenda against Pedro and some of his signings.
    Troll you are

  11. #161
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by HARTHILL_GER View Post
    One point not covered is the fact that we have changed to 442 since the deal to sign him was done. All indications when we signed him was that he would fit into a 4231 formation.
    You could argue he is meant to play where Miller has been playing when Herrera was up front.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by gerz1873 View Post
    You pollute multiple theads on here with your snide comments constantly ..have a day off.
    Think you know you are confusing the frustration in the stands caused by the refereeing performance that caused us a chance to win the game with your agenda against Pedro and some of his signings.
    Troll you are
    Nope was actually surprised the fans got on his back.

  13. #163

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    The knicker wetting line must be the lamest retort in debating history. Listen to the punters in the stands-they were not happy with Pena yesterday and that's going to make his integration into the team very difficult.
    Why? You trying to tell us that the manager wouldn't play him because of unhappy fans?
    Even for you that's a stretch.

    ps - loved the bit where when Pena came on you sat and observed dispassionately the behaviour of those around you. Behavioural scientist, master tactician, Dostoevsky-level poster and not forgetting prescience. You've got it all, really.

  14. #164

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    I'l make it simple-when Pena came on yesterday I sat and watched. Around me and in the stands the punters were on his back instantly because he looked miles off the pace.

    So to post an opinion based on what a lot of Bears are saying in real life-which is his signing doesn't make sense-is trolling? Really?

    Shock

    I agree the fans where on his back unfairly so, moaning and groaning all the time, its the worst thing sometimes at a game

  15. #165
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by commentator View Post
    Why? You trying to tell us that the manager wouldn't play him because of unhappy fans?
    Even for you that's a stretch.

    ps - loved the bit where when Pena came on you sat and observed dispassionately the behaviour of those around you. Behavioural scientist, master tactician, Dostoevsky-level poster and not forgetting prescience. You've got it all, really.
    Much lolz to that uber staunch stance just for the info I grew up in a tough housing scheme -the endless personal attacks just suggest to me that you can't actually pick a hole in my argument(s).

    Where did I say the manager wouldn't play him because of the fan reaction? My point was that it has been that flawed a transfer that instead of the punters going here's our star signing they've been switched on to the fact he might be off the pace and not up to the challenge-so much so that after a spell of not being involved at all that when he looked like he was struggling-they got right on his back. It is far from ideal.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    17-04-2009
    Location
    E161st- River ave
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Nope was actually surprised the fans got on his back.
    You suggesting its all or the majority and they speak for you ? Sycophantic claptrap. Maybe some did out of frustration to the events of the day ?
    If he came on and Rangers were up 3-1 do they still get on his back ? Nope don't think so as much as you will preach to us they would.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by gerz1873 View Post
    You suggesting its all or the majority and they speak for you ? Sycophantic claptrap. Maybe some did out of frustration to the events of the day ?
    If he came on and Rangers were up 3-1 do they still get on his back ? Nope don't think so as much as you will preach to us they would.
    I'm suggesting the support rather than being buoyed by the fact our "star" signing or most expensive signing was going to lift the team were more fearful that he wouldn't be ready for the game. I'm suggesting they reacted to that.

    The fact is we weren't winning 3-1 and bringing him on has been widely criticised on here-that's a different aspect altogether.

  18. #168

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Much lolz to that uber staunch stance just for the info I grew up in a tough housing scheme -the endless personal attacks just suggest to me that you can't actually pick a hole in my argument(s).

    Where did I say the manager wouldn't play him because of the fan reaction? My point was that it has been that flawed a transfer that instead of the punters going here's our star signing they've been switched on to the fact he might be off the pace and not up to the challenge-so much so that after a spell of not being involved at all that when he looked like he was struggling-they got right on his back. It is far from ideal.
    Ok, thanks for the warning, I'll watch what I'm saying.
    As for picking a hole in your argument - I obviously misunderstood your drift. When you said the punters in the stand being unhappy would make it difficult to integrate him I took that to mean what I posted ie. the manager would be influenced the groaning .

    So, if not that, how does fans moaning link to the integration of Pena? If the manager ignores it, it doesn't.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    02-08-2008
    Posts
    8,339
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by Downblu View Post
    Does anyone actually believe he cost us 3m? I dont. Perhaps he will cost that in total over his contract but no eay did we sprnd 3m
    The transfer fee we paid was 2.6m ($3.5m). This was confirmed by his club in Mexico and Jellybeans also confirmed this amount. Factor in sign on fees for Pena and potentially his agent and it must be close to 3m already, and that's not taking into account his wages. The manager has taken a monumental risk in signing him and it's backfiring at the moment.

  20. Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by HARTHILL_GER View Post
    One point not covered is the fact that we have changed to 442 since the deal to sign him was done. All indications when we signed him was that he would fit into a 4231 formation.
    I'd ditch 4-4-2 right now, remove Miller from the starting line up and play Morelos up there. Bring in Walker and you've got options of Walker, Windass, Pena even Dorrans to play in behind Morelos. If we are still in for McLean then there is another option.

    I don't like our 4-4-2, defence exposed, midfield goes missing and Miller cannot link midfield to attack.

    Foderingham
    Tavernier Cardoso Alves Wallace
    Jack Dorrans
    Candeias Walker Windass
    Morelos

    You can shuffle players about and still have the option of Rossiter, Pena, possibly McLean...

    4-4-2 against a Aberdeen or bheggars will see us struggle badly.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    25-11-2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    He will most certainly turn out to be one of our best players.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    17-04-2009
    Location
    E161st- River ave
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    I'm suggesting the support rather than being buoyed by the fact our "star" signing or most expensive signing was going to lift the team were more fearful that he wouldn't be ready for the game. I'm suggesting they reacted to that.

    The fact is we weren't winning 3-1 and bringing him on has been widely criticised on here-that's a different aspect altogether.
    Bollox you have patched Pena as a dud after 20 minutes and are using the frustration of the day to underline your scewed point of view on all things about the manager.
    You are tiresome.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by gerz1873 View Post
    Bollox you have patched Pena as a dud after 20 minutes and are using the frustration of the day to underline your scewed point of view on all things about the manager.
    You are tiresome.
    .
    Aye in your world where you don't actually pay attention to what was has been said.

    I would expect Pena to be a reasonably technical player once he gets fit-whether a box to box player is ideal for us is open to debate it will probably boil down to how much ability he has or can show. Nearly all of his Youtube goals show him in acres of space.

    My point is that the board should never have sanctioned the transfer-that's my opinion posted it way back so nothing to do with yesterday. Quite simply the money could/should have been spent elsewhere-after last season we should be minimising gambles.

    If you find me tiresome put me on ignore you won't see my posts.

  24. #174

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    .

    If you find me tiresome put me on ignore you won't see my posts.
    That's not a bad shout

  25. #175
    Join Date
    28-07-2006
    Location
    District bar-lounge
    Posts
    5,727

    Default Re: Carlos Pena

    Quote Originally Posted by Downblu View Post
    Does anyone actually believe he cost us 3m? I dont. Perhaps he will cost that in total over his contract but no eay did we sprnd 3m
    Jellybeans said the transfer was around $3 million dollars iirc , around 2 million plus fees etc . I don't know if an official figure was released . I couldn't see one

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •