Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Herrera

Default Re: Herrera

The problem here is a large section of our support just don't seem to be prepared to take on a signing like a Louis moult, Boyce or indeed a Simon Murray (who was the man of the match and will give every team a hard game in this league) there is , constant look/ need for big signings / dismissive of anyone else in the Scottish league who already scores goals here.

Our main aim is to win in Scotland , why look elsewhere when you can pick up players who almost guarantee you goals in this league?

& It is of course always easy to cast one eye on what a former player does but would I rather have had Garner up front or herrara today?
    I would take garner all day , the guy worked the defender / won the ball in the air constantly the problem was when he was with us we played 4-3-3 and he was constantly isolated chasing his own knock downs , as he a world beater? Was he champions league material? No, but he doesn't need to be for our current predicament of competing for the title in Scotland

Mark Hateley was that bad that bad when he came in our own fans booed him, way to early to judge him, threads on him and Pena are extremely unfair at this stage, were literally 2 league games into a season.

Blog Entries

I had concerns when we signed him due to how bad his goal record is, and people in Mexico were calling him a donkey. Early signs are not promising. He looks like a guy running on quicksand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin221 View Post
    Mark Hateley was that bad that bad when he came in our own fans booed him, way to early to judge him, threads on him and Pena are extremely unfair at this stage, were literally 2 league games into a season.
    Mark Hateley is the worst example ever ever given on here in that he was recovering from injury but above all he had a CV that didn't relate anything like to the players that he is used as an example for. And that's why none of them ever became another Mark Hateley.

Drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glorious_12th View Post
    I can't agree with regards Garner's ability in the air.

I've not seen many better than him at Ibrox...ever.

He simply didn't lose in the air. No matter the size of opposition. Seems ideally suited to the type of play we're going for which makes his release (and replacement) all the more confusing.
    We'll agree to disagree but if you want an example of a guy who was similar height who was exceptional in the air I give you Naismith.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    The service to him has been shit, end of.

Still we have had posters suggest that he is a smashing player with lots of attributes. I've never seen it-no brute strength, no pace, no great hold up play, not that great in the air-ok link up play. Maybe he's still adjusting but I'd expect to see something in one area of play where you could say that's his strength.

My biggest puzzle at 1.5M is why we needed to go to Mexico to get a player like this.
    Yeah totally baffling but the whole Pedro thing baffles me.

We'll agree to disagree but if you want an example of a guy who was similar height who was exceptional in the air I give you Naismith.

Chalk and cheese tbh mate.

Naismith was half-decent in the air for his height.

Garner could rival anyone in the air regardless of his or anyone elses height.

Mark Hateley is the worst example ever ever given on here in that he was recovering from injury but above all he had a CV that didn't relate anything like to the players that he is used as an example for. And that's why none of them ever became another Mark Hateley.

Drives me nuts.
    No one could ever have envisaged Hateley would become as good as he did, when McCoist was injured he was single handedly carrying our attack until Laudrup came, but its a fair example based on he was judged way before he should have been, folk are moaning Herrera didn't win any balls in the air, yet he actually won more than his fair share just no one was on the end of them, he worked hard, chased harried, the guys not had a single chance laid onto him despite being in the positions for it to happen. This is hardly his fault.

I'm worried we have spent money on Strikers ( Morales not as much) that we didn't need had Garner and Waghorn been given a chance to play in a 4-4-2. Our rushed pre season schedule probably didn't allow for these two to be given a chance. Or am I just forgetting how rotten they two were

He's not strong enough in the air to be lumping long balls to him constantly, that much is clear.

I do think he can be a useful player for us, but not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Union Jack 1873 View Post
    He won lots of headers but didn't do anything with them .

All for giving the guy a chance but Moult looks to be a better player.
    Moult couldn't even get a start for ****ing Motherwell today

Absolutely average from what I've seen, doesn't excel at anything in particular. Hopefully gets better the more he plays and forms a partnership with Morelos.

Ryan Hardie should be on the bench for games like this.

He has looked poor so far. Our attack seriously lacks pace.

Run of the mill premership player in my opinion- not good enough for us.

As for Gardner, I think we were maybe a bit hasty in getting rid of

It's really beyond me how this guy is getting judged so early. He has come from the other side of the world and is going to take time to get used to the game. Its that simple. Dorrans and Jack settled early because they know the game. In two or three months a lot of posters on here are going to look very stupid. Sure, not everyone of the foreign players are going to be stars but one or two will. My bet is the Mexican internationalist, a country of 120 million, will eventually show his mettle and prove himself on another level from Joe Garner - who we almost all agreed last season was not of the level required to take us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Bear 72 View Post
    It's really beyond me how this guy is getting judged so early. He has come from the other side of the world and is going to take time to get used to the game. Its that simple. Dorrans and Jack settled early because they know the game. In two or three months a lot of posters on here are going to look very stupid. Sure, not everyone of the foreign players are going to be stars but one or two will. My bet is the Mexican internationalist, a country of 120 million, will eventually show his mettle and prove himself on another level from Joe Garner - who we almost all agreed last season was not of the level required to take us forward.
    You see him scoring 15 goals this year?

He's hit about 2/3 shots in the games I've seen.

1.5m in this league should look like Bale in La Liga against the diddies

Slow, non aggressor, early days but sorry don't see it. Should have had Kranjcar on before him.

19. Default Re: Herrera

Be lucky if he scores 5 this season, we got rid of better. Early days of course, might surprise us all...

20. Default Re: Herrera

Early days but I doubt this is going to end well. How can a professional manager get a signing so miserably wrong? Simon Murray was giving our defense fits today and cost peanuts. Even he would have been a better option. It's absolutely laughably bad.

Early days but we need a goal scoring striker, sadly this guy doesn't look remotely like that.

unless fortunes change, you can't help thinking his time at ibrox will be shorter rather than longer.

Early days but, looks a poor joe garner if that is even possible.

Our only real goal threat is a 20 year old, Morelos.

He'll slowly work his ticket to the bench, i just don't see a player in him.

From what we've seen so far, he looks no better than Garner. Concerning.