Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

Default Re: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

The game today changed when the ref keeps stokes on after assaulting tav. It was the marker that the ref was going to be going against rangers all game .
    The goal conceded was an absolute disaster one player made to look like Ronaldo who waltzed right through our whole defense .
    After jack gets sent off the manager is at fault for not immediately changing . miller needs dropped and certainly should have been sacrificied instead of playing in midfield. The constant playing of miller will lose Pedro his job .

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    Laughable.

I was on on Wednesday night giving the performance the credit it deserved.

If you go to the games you'll hear a zillion times more criticism than I ever post.

I think you need to deal with reality but if you had a decent point to make back you wouldn't need to get personal.....
    Read the first line of your initial response.... I'm afraid you got personal princess. I will be happy to debate anything with anyone, I can be wrong and I can be right, but when someone wants to ram their shit down your throat sometimes you just say, no thanks. You stick with your misery, I'll stick with my hope.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albertz Was King View Post
    We have had a busy summer and whilst we have addressed some areas, I think we haven't done enough to improve weak points that were already showing last season.

Wallace/Hodson are two players that the opposition often target. The amount of times you see teams attempt crosses or 1 v 1 situations down our left side is frightening. It's every week we see that side of the pitch become an area where crosses are peppered into our box. Both are also unbelievably wasteful with he ball. We badly need a left back and the fact one was never on the target list in the summer worries me.

Kenny Miller continues to, in y opinion, pull the wool over everyone's eyes with a goal once every 4 or 5 weeks. We have bog standard SPFL strikers with better strike rates than him and his overall game is deplorable at this level. It's headless chicken stuff but from a 37 year old. Yet another player who will give away possession for fun and his conversion rate with chances, often big chances, is pathetic. These are chances average strikers in this league will gobble up for fun yet he makes a total arse of them.

We are also crying out for another centre back. Danny Wilson's attitude to being a footballer for Rangers stinks. He will actively pull out of 50/50 challenges, he will always take the last and easy way out and any form of ambition or desire to be the best he can be has clearly gone completely from him. He is coasting and his performance against Celtic last season when they pulled our pants down on our our patch was one of the worst individual displays I have ever seen. We need someone to challenge and cover for Cardoso and Alves.

Furthermore we need an athletic central midfield player. Jack, Dorrans and Rossiter are all very similar in size and physicality. They are all tidy enough players but not one of them would be described as quick or powerful. You need players like in this league and if you don't have legs and some muscle in the action area, you will get the run around which we witnessed yet again today. We have upgraded on Holt and Toral for example in terms of footballing ability but in terms of physical flaws, the same frailties apply.

We need a left back, centre back and a striker.

The manager has a lot to prove, especially in the big games where his record has been pathetic so far.
    Agree with most of this.

We have needed a thug in the midfield for years now. A right sleekit nasty big bastard. I would take any decent offer for Windass and shore up the midfield.

Wilson should be hunted. He is a cowardly individual.

Playing Miller in midfield is a disaster.

My fear is we are in a constant cycle of rip up and start again every season or so. Pedro may be another casualty all too soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Standards1972 View Post
    For clarity, the manager did not shine today in reorganising the side, I do think the amount of bookings we picked up played a part in terms of how we could press Hibs. One more foul and a lot of our players were walking.

I do wonder about Miller, there were rumours he was the main dissenter post Progres. I have wondered whether Pedro is keen to keep him onside and therefore continue to pick him.

However, the red card was the pivotal moment. Again, yes Hibs had come into the game and were knocking it about, but that was to be expected as they are a reasonable side at this level. There is nothing to suggest that we couldn't have come back into the game at some point and been the dominant side again had it stayed 11v11, yet people don't mention that.
    Stokes is a fly sleekit bastard he knew what he was doing. He deliberately was trying to get our players to lose the plot and retaliate as he has done this his whole career. He got his reward as Jack reacted to him. We all saw how poor the ref was and he gave him the opportunity to punish him.
    Dirty cheats are good at it, Jack isn't and got caught as he lost his discipline.

Despite this from the ref we should have hammered them but didn't as the players lost their discipline and our frailties that the manager has failed to address we're exposed again, poor full backs, poor finishing.

One more thing under Pedro whenever we make a poor start or lose a player to a red card he always leaves our midfield weak by playing players out of position and then trying to play long like we did today.

To win games in Scotland you have to win battle in midfield to allow you to play football, he never seems to get this like say Walter used to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bridge View Post
    Read the first line of your initial response.... I'm afraid you got personal princess. I will be happy to debate anything with anyone, I can be wrong and I can be right, but when someone wants to ram their shit down your throat sometimes you just say, no thanks. You stick with your misery, I'll stick with my hope.
    No misery from me this is where people like you get mixed up.

I'm watching grown men today chuck it after 70 minutes. I'm sitting there supporting my team-I'm not abusing players I don't fancy the way many supporters do. I support my team.

I post honest opinions on here about the players and the manager. If you don't like it put me on your ignore list.

But if you want to debate the point you made- then explain to me how what impact my posting has on the team in comparison to what happens in the stands?

It makes no difference but a catcall or a boo at one of our own players does.

Quote Originally Posted by W.A.T.P 72 View Post
    You've got to hope Pena is your athletic midfield type once up to speed
    Not holding my breath - so far he has looked like he will bring nothing

We got done up like a kipper today and the ref was only too eager to make it harder for us.
    What i will say is that on too many occasions our players make the wrong decison when we are in possession. We give up possession of the ball in areas where it allowed Hibs to get at us at our most vulnerable.

There is no middle ground with our fans anymore. We used to be 3 games from a crisis now it is just 1 game and the manager must go and all our players are shit.

Wallace is not as bad as everyone on here makes him out to be. Hodson is a poor, very poor and we do need more cover or I would rather we played Beerman instead.

Miller harsh to criticise the guy as he scores and works extremely hard for the team.

Herrera, a bit early to judge.
    Pena, clearly too early to judge. He had a poor game today when he came on today but to be fair to him Pedro should not have made this his first game. He is not match sharp at all, Pars on Wednesday was the time to give him minutes.

Please settle down, last season and to the end of the season before we would have crumbled with 10 men for 60 mins. We would have lost 5 goals easily.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1960bear View Post
    We got done up like a kipper today and the ref was only too eager to make it harder for us.
    What i will say is that on too many occasions our players make the wrong decison when we are in possession. We give up possession of the ball in areas where it allowed Hibs to get at us at our most vulnerable.
    I actually think we give up possession too cheaply full stop.

We are so focused on the "transition" that we try to force the play too often which results in the concession of possession and suddenly we are in danger of being turned.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    Rome wasn't built in a day.

Matchday two and we were cheated. Let's see how we react.

Pedro Caixinha needs time and of course, there are still weak areas but you can't address that in one window.
    The problem is we were saying the same things this time last season.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesnedden View Post
    I actually think we give up possession too cheaply full stop.

We are so focused on the "transition" that we try to force the play too often which results in the concession of possession and suddenly we are in danger of being turned.
    I think it's vital that you get at teams guickly when gaining possession but you have to be able to make the correct choices when doing so.
    The manager wants players who are able to do this, which is why he got rid of certain ones, but we still make the wrong move too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post
    No misery from me this is where people like you get mixed up.

I'm watching grown men today chuck it after 70 minutes. I'm sitting there supporting my team-I'm not abusing players I don't fancy the way many supporters do. I support my team.

I post honest opinions on here about the players and the manager. If you don't like it put me on your ignore list.

But if you want to debate the point you made- then explain to me how what impact my posting has on the team in comparison to what happens in the stands?

It makes no difference but a catcall or a boo at one of our own players does.
    So people like me get mixed up? Who exactly are people like me? Humour me and all like me. Clearly we need to learn.

If we are playing 4-4-2 should it not be the wingers job to provide the width? I realise the full backs will bomb on at certain points but surely not all the time?

If we don't sign at least a fullback and a winger by the end of the transfer market I can't see us making a challenge on any of the three competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudzo View Post
    If we are playing 4-4-2 should it not be the wingers job to provide the width? I realise the full backs will bomb on at certain points but surely not all the time?
    Candeias and Windass are basically playing in a 4 2-4 which is why we are struggling in the middle of the park

Quote Originally Posted by Albertz Was King View Post
    We have had a busy summer and whilst we have addressed some areas, I think we haven't done enough to improve weak points that were already showing last season.

Wallace/Hodson are two players that the opposition often target. The amount of times you see teams attempt crosses or 1 v 1 situations down our left side is frightening. It's every week we see that side of the pitch become an area where crosses are peppered into our box. Both are also unbelievably wasteful with he ball. We badly need a left back and the fact one was never on the target list in the summer worries me.

Kenny Miller continues to, in y opinion, pull the wool over everyone's eyes with a goal once every 4 or 5 weeks. We have bog standard SPFL strikers with better strike rates than him and his overall game is deplorable at this level. It's headless chicken stuff but from a 37 year old. Yet another player who will give away possession for fun and his conversion rate with chances, often big chances, is pathetic. These are chances average strikers in this league will gobble up for fun yet he makes a total arse of them.

We are also crying out for another centre back. Danny Wilson's attitude to being a footballer for Rangers stinks. He will actively pull out of 50/50 challenges, he will always take the last and easy way out and any form of ambition or desire to be the best he can be has clearly gone completely from him. He is coasting and his performance against Celtic last season when they pulled our pants down on our our patch was one of the worst individual displays I have ever seen. We need someone to challenge and cover for Cardoso and Alves.

Furthermore we need an athletic central midfield player. Jack, Dorrans and Rossiter are all very similar in size and physicality. They are all tidy enough players but not one of them would be described as quick or powerful. You need players like in this league and if you don't have legs and some muscle in the action area, you will get the run around which we witnessed yet again today. We have upgraded on Holt and Toral for example in terms of footballing ability but in terms of physical flaws, the same frailties apply.

We need a left back, centre back and a striker.

The manager has a lot to prove, especially in the big games where his record has been pathetic so far.
    "Kenny Millers overall game is deplorable "
    You're a head case!
    Last edited by TPol_RFC; 1 Week Ago at 01:04.

17. Default Re: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

Quote Originally Posted by linthousebear1981 View Post
    There is no middle ground with our fans anymore. We used to be 3 games from a crisis now it is just 1 game and the manager must go and all our players are shit
    The FF attitude to Pedro changes weekly and sometimes daily. For me it is still way too early to judge. His squad still don't recognise one another at training.

18. Default Re: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

Quote Originally Posted by TPol_RFC View Post
    You're a head case?
    He hates KM because he knows Miller's time is up and eventually that will prove him right.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieWATP View Post
    We've still got a garbage manager.
    You are a ****ing idiot

Quote Originally Posted by TPol_RFC View Post
    You're a head case!
    This is the guy who said Barrie McKay had no pace, technical ability or skill. He's a drama queen who knows nothing about football which is weird when he has so many friends in high places involved in the game......

Quote Originally Posted by Drumchapel-Bear View Post
    This is the guy who said Barrie McKay had no pace, technical ability or skill. He's a drama queen who knows nothing about football which is weird when he has so many friends in high places involved in the game......
    I think AWK gets too much of a hard time on certain subjects, but for that sort of thing, and painting Niko as some sort of 5's player and Windass as amateur level, well he deserves the ridicule he gets for those

McKay set up a goal today

Biggest weakness for me is the two fullback positions and a finisher.

It appears we have the same glaring flaws.

Can't kill off teams because we can't take chances. (probably due to one of our best strikers, Miller, refusing to do his job and sitting too deep)

Can't ****ing defend.

Looks like the same problems that have plagued us for the last few years. Same problem with a different team - of which I have no doubt are better but still can't seem to prevent the issues.

There is lots of positives and lots of negatives but it takes time. First twenty minutes yesterday we pounded them and Miller misses an open goal to make it two nil. Then bang they sucker punch us and its pretty even for a spell after that.
    Now positives are big style, Windass looks dangerous, Morelos is banging in goals and when we are hot we are hot.

Negatives are the full back areas and for spells we let teams pound our box. Also for me Miller again yesterday try's a dummy losses possession and bang its 1-1. He needs to keep the ball much better.

Lets keep the faith and back Pedro, yesterday Ibrox was the loudest in the first tweety minutes for years it was rocking then the wheels came off due to the ref. But what the hell do fans want. McInnes bringing sheep rejects to Ibrox and digging out wins every week.
    It takes time so lets see where we are after the first old firm game.