Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

Blog Entries

Default Re: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

Quote Originally Posted by Standards1972 View Post
    Some of the replies tonight have been sitting saved on the desktop for months.

Completely ****ed over by the officials and we go on the attack against our own.

Reprehensible.
    You are totally deluded if you think we lost that due to the ref.

Did he waltz past Cardoso unchallenged for the equaliser?
    Did the ref play as full back on the left and right allowing them access to pull our centre back out of position?

Did the ref allow the keeper to let in a pathetic third.

The ref was a **** and booked 4 players from our team who didn't deserve it. Stokes and that potato head in the middle should have been sent off also.
    However our team were winning and bottled is as they lost their discipline, Jack gave the ref an easy decision which was mental when you seen how nothing was going in our favour.

Then we get to the cluster**** of subs.

All ****ing summer I have been shouting for a striker and full backs and the deluded on here say nah they are good enough. We will continue to lose every big game home and away if we have a defence with woefully Bad full back and we will continue to not punish teams due to playing a 37 year old striker who rarely scores.

We lost due to poor play, poor management, poor discipline and a poor ref, not just the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    You are totally deluded if you think we lost that due to the ref.

Did he waltz past Cardoso unchallenged for the equaliser?
    Did the ref play as full back on the left and right allowing them access to pull our centre back out of position?

Did the ref allow the keeper to let in a pathetic third.

The ref was a **** and booked 4 players from our team who didn't deserve it. Stokes and that potato head in the middle should have been sent off also.
    However our team were winning and bottled is as they lost their discipline, Jack gave the ref an easy decision which was mental when you seen how nothing was going in our favour.

Then we get to the cluster**** of subs.

All ****ing summer I have been shouting for a striker and full backs and the deluded on here say nah they are good enough. We will continue to lose every big game home and away if we have a defence with woefully Bad full back and we will continue to not punish teams due to playing a 37 year old striker who rarely scores.

We lost due to poor play, poor management, poor discipline and a poor ref, not just the latter.
    As a critic of the manager I think that's too far.

People saying he can't be blamed at all because of the ref are wrong-we had lost control before the sending off.

However to suggest that the ref didn't have a major impact in quite unfair terms is wrong also-the manager didn't get a break at all today so I think that's just as unbalanced as the other viewpoint.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGer View Post

People saying he can't be blamed at all because of the ref are wrong-we had lost control before the sending off.

However to suggest that the ref didn't have a major impact in quite unfair terms is wrong also-the manager didn't get a break at all today so I think that's just as unbalanced as the other viewpoint.
    Read my last sentence.

Many on here are saying we lost due to the ref.

He contributed to it, but the other factors I mentioned all contributed to it also.

To say we lost JUST because of the ref is deluded and will just lead to more frustration and anger in the coming weeks.

After Motherwell and Hibs teams will be hammering our fullbacks now and getting crosses in, they will also be even more physical as they will think we bottle the fight to win control of a match in a disciplined manner.

Is the manager up to sorting these issues and will he sign better players to sort these problems?

Quote Originally Posted by imager View Post
    Funny how the Op was nowhere to be seen Sunday or Wednesday!
    This. His posts are either negative shiite or ITK nonsense.

We weren't beaten today because of Kenny Miller, Lee Wallace or Danny Wilson. Nonsense thread.

Ok fair enough but you know how it works. Some supporters won't actually watch what is in front of them-their defensive mechanisms kick to make them believe it will be ok.

A classic example last season was the early "Barton" games when we lost all our good aspects from the season before-I the arch-Warburton defender (allegedly) stated his changes had ****ed up what we were good at and it wasn't working. I was told shut up we'd come good etc etc.

You must have known before you come on tonight this is what would happen.

Blog Entries

Ok fair enough but you know how it works. Some supporters won't actually watch what is in front of them-their defensive mechanisms kick to make them believe it will be ok.

A classic example last season was the early "Barton" games when we lost all our good aspects from the season before-I the arch-Warburton defender (allegedly) stated his changes had ****ed up what we were good at and it wasn't working. I was told shut up we'd come good etc etc.

You must have known before you come on tonight this is what would happen.
    First sign of madness Dylan😁

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton_Blows_g0ats View Post
    The motherwell team we struggled against last week got pumped by St Johnstone
    They didn't have 3 players sent off last week

Quote Originally Posted by smkz23 View Post
    I disagree, We had a brilliant start but Hibs had come right back into it and were starting to look the better side by the time they equalised.
    That's utter shite. We were all over them until the equaliser which was just before the red card. They hadn't had a chance, Miller was unlucky with a snapshot at an open goal and then hit the post from 6 yards out.

You've got to hope Pena is your athletic midfield type once up to speed

Given we were doing well until being shafted I do think it's a bit classless to be jumping right back into berating Pedro, seemingly with pulsating stauners too

He's got it all to prove, but we were robbed today.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenosebazza View Post
    That's utter shite. We were all over them until the equaliser which was just before the red card. They hadn't had a chance, Miller was unlucky with a snapshot at an open goal and then hit the post from 6 yards out.
    If you hadn't noticed mate the game had settled down and they were starting to dominate then you weren't at the same game as me. It didn't mean we didn't create or were getting battered but the balance of play had shifted noticeably.

My mate and I were discussing it on the way home the aspect of our early dominance in games then falling out of it-we simply aren't sure what is causing it. But it is pretty common-Progres, Motherwell and today...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysLoyal View Post
    The fact is the manager has done little to convince a skeptical fanbase he's the answer.

Everyone wants him to suceed, some are being completely blind though. I remember after winning a friendly in Sheffield, people gloating "Where are the Pedro haters now?".

After two wins this week on top of those friendlies we allowed ourselves to go into overdrive again. I started to believe the hype myself, dared to believe we might be onto something. Thats why today is such a kick in the bollocks....we're three points behind Celtic already - who will put their hand up and honestly say they expect that gap to be overhauled?

We're in a dogfight for 2nd again and playing catch up. Rome wasn't built in a day but we need to see progress and we need it fast. All of us praying for Pedro to succeed doesn't change the start reality - this has been a catastrophic 6 months, multiple humbling results and disasters.

I hope I'm wrong but i think by the end of September there will be a gaping chasm in the league that makes disenting voices become the majority.
    Sadly it is more important for some fans to be right than for Rangers to flourish. It's always been thus and the internet age has merely given a greater platform. We are 2 games in and from what I've seen we are infinitely better this season than we were last season. We will improve and continue to grow, but as a fan base it's easier to bemoan failure than glory in success. Over the next few days, every keyboard warrior will pick apart every aspect of the team. And, if indeed they get what they want, Pedro oot.......we have the pleasure of hearing how yet another manager, needs, "his" players and yet more years pass. FFS, this is painful.

If you hadn't noticed mate the game had settled down and they were starting to dominate then you weren't at the same game as me. It didn't mean we didn't create or were getting battered but the balance of play had shifted noticeably.

My mate and I were discussing it on the way home the aspect of our early dominance in games then falling out of it-we simply aren't sure what is causing it. But it is pretty common-Progres, Motherwell and today...
    They weren't dominating at all. They were struggling to get a foot on the ball properly. They were keeping the ball after the equaliser and before the red card, but not before and frankly looked a bit lost until the equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bridge View Post
    Sadly it is more important for some fans to be right than for Rangers to flourish. It's always been thus and the internet age has merely given a greater platform. We are 2 games in and from what I've seen we are infinitely better this season than we were last season. We will improve and continue to grow, but as a fan base it's easier to bemoan failure than glory in success. Over the next few days, every keyboard warrior will pick apart every aspect of the team. And, if indeed they get what they want, Pedro oot.......we have the pleasure of hearing how yet another manager, needs, "his" players and yet more years pass. FFS, this is painful.
    This is the biggest bullshit you will read ever and be asked to believe it's a factor.

An internet forum is for discussion it matters nothing in the real world-how serious you take your own opinion is up to you.

The real measure is in the stands-plenty of disquiet over the subs, the performances of individuals and that's the measure-that's where the pressure from Pedro comes from.

They weren't dominating at all. They were struggling to get a foot on the ball properly. They were keeping the ball after the equaliser and before the red card, but not before and frankly looked a bit lost until the equaliser.
    Plenty of others disagree it's spread over several threads but that's football-we all see it different and others agree with you.

Around me in the Main Stand the Bears were very restless a good 10 mins before the red card.

Read my last sentence.

Many on here are saying we lost due to the ref.

He contributed to it, but the other factors I mentioned all contributed to it also.

To say we lost JUST because of the ref is deluded and will just lead to more frustration and anger in the coming weeks.

After Motherwell and Hibs teams will be hammering our fullbacks now and getting crosses in, they will also be even more physical as they will think we bottle the fight to win control of a match in a disciplined manner.

Is the manager up to sorting these issues and will he sign better players to sort these problems?
    So if we use fuzzy logic. Had Miller scored and not hit the post we'd have been fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by imager View Post
    Funny how the Op was nowhere to be seen Sunday or Wednesday!
    Hes beyond embarrassing. Literally revelling in a defeat so he can put the boot into the manager. No doubt hell be along midweek to make up some more rumours about squad disharmony.

This is the biggest bullshit you will read ever and be asked to believe it's a factor.

An internet forum is for discussion it matters nothing in the real world-how serious you take your own opinion is up to you.

The real measure is in the stands-plenty of disquiet over the subs, the performances of individuals and that's the measure-that's where the pressure from Pedro comes from.
    Princess, the only time you are prominent on the board is when there is misery for you to wallow in. Take a day off. You type some shit, I read it, shrug my shoulders and move on. Grow the phuck up.

Blog Entries

So if we use fuzzy logic. Had Miller scored and not hit the post we'd have been fixed...
    I don't even know what you mean with that?

If you are asking if Miller scored would we have won?
    Who knows? His whole career he has missed sitters and then scored the odd wonder goals.

Ref played a big factor in our loss.

So did our poor play from attacking wide players, our non existent defending from wide position, our goalie fumbling a shot from distance, so did our continued failure to punish teams when controlling the game.
    The managers changes made us worse and they controlled the game and left Dorrans isolated in the middle.

Once again in a big league game at home we blew it and couldn't keep it together to punish these bastards. We owed them big style after the cup humiliation and instead we lost again.

For clarity, the manager did not shine today in reorganising the side, I do think the amount of bookings we picked up played a part in terms of how we could press Hibs. One more foul and a lot of our players were walking.

I do wonder about Miller, there were rumours he was the main dissenter post Progres. I have wondered whether Pedro is keen to keep him onside and therefore continue to pick him.

However, the red card was the pivotal moment. Again, yes Hibs had come into the game and were knocking it about, but that was to be expected as they are a reasonable side at this level. There is nothing to suggest that we couldn't have come back into the game at some point and been the dominant side again had it stayed 11v11, yet people don't mention that.

Princess, the only time you are prominent on the board is when there is misery for you to wallow in. Take a day off. You type some shit, I read it, shrug my shoulders and move on. Grow the phuck up.
    Laughable.

I was on on Wednesday night giving the performance the credit it deserved.

If you go to the games you'll hear a zillion times more criticism than I ever post.

I think you need to deal with reality but if you had a decent point to make back you wouldn't need to get personal.....

Who knows? His whole career he has missed sitters and then scored the odd wonder goals.

So did our poor play from attacking wide players, our non existent defending from wide position, our goalie fumbling a shot from distance, so did our continued failure to punish teams when controlling the game.
    The managers changes made us worse and they controlled the game and left Dorrans isolated in the middle.

Once again in a big league game at home we blew it and couldn't keep it together to punish these bastards. We owed them big style after the cup humiliation and instead we lost again.
    What shot did Foderingham fumble?

The pain is not lost on me, I feel it. But if I take nougats of optimism then I feel that those goals go in, we are on top. Even with Dunfermline through the week, you could sense the ease in the team when the third went in. It's like we know the style is one that can hurt every bit as much as it helps. It's a real dilemma for the manager. Scotland is not Mexico or Portugal and hopefully he finds that balance.

He is right, we were starting to toil, albeit we should have went 2 up, the junkie scum were well in the game before that

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Nose Bear View Post
    You can't judge shit with that today when the ref is in the oppositions pocket. We were doing just fine until we lost a player.

It was going to be a tough game 11 v 11 so we were right up against it when a man short.
    Don't let facts get in the way of this good story that's been told. Hibs had barely kicked the ball the first twenty minutes. We could have been 3-0 up at that point. Miller hits the post, they run up the park and equalize. After that, the rest of the game isn't worth talking about, ruined by the man in black. Yes Hibs were coming back into the game - do posters on here really think we will dominate games for 90 minutes ? They had the upper hand from their equalizer until they were effectively gifted the game with the sending off. As you say it was a tough fixture eleven on eleven.

At this level games will always have periods where one team takes the upper hand. We never got to see if Rangers could have regained control ( which I believe they would), because we were handicapped.
    Last edited by texas ranger; 1 Week Ago at 23:15.