Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

Default Re: Despite A Number Of Signings, We Still Have Some Glaring Flaws

Quote Originally Posted by Jacrispy View Post
    I think AWK gets too much of a hard time on certain subjects, but for that sort of thing, and painting Niko as some sort of 5's player and Windass as amateur level, well he deserves the ridicule he gets for those
    Indeed, there's no doubt he has a source and fair play for him sharing stuff with the forum etc. The ridiculous comments regarding certain players and their talent though are verging on attention seeking levels of madness.

The op's assessment is sound imo. For the record, however, I also think we have erred in selling Garner and loaning out MOH.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesnedden View Post
    I actually think we give up possession too cheaply full stop.

We are so focused on the "transition" that we try to force the play too often which results in the concession of possession and suddenly we are in danger of being turned.
    That is how I seen the game yesterday , taking away the cheating ref, we left ourselves open to the sucker punch all day. Our midfield was guilty of not controling the game at 1-0 we left the backdoor open and our defence exposed by giving up possession far to easily . Pedro said we had 5 Captain's​ in our team, yesterday they all played like they had never experienced a big game we needed intelligent and composed play but what we got was rookie stuff a poor cheating ref didn't help but our lack of control was disappointing, I'm worried that playing 4-4-2 is not the right set up for our team are Jack and Dorrans good enough or athletic enough to control games in a 4-4-2 set up , yesterday's match it was hard to judge but just before they scored the equaliser they had started to control the midfield. 4-4-2 is a great attacking set up but the 4 in the midfield in my view need to be switched on and clever looking at our options for 4-4-2 I'm still not convinced that we have enough quality to play that formation .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chosenfew View Post
    That is how I seen the game yesterday , taking away the cheating ref, we left ourselves open to the sucker punch all day. Our midfield was guilty of not controling the game at 1-0 we left the backdoor open and our defence exposed by giving up possession far to easily . Pedro said we had 5 Captain's​ in our team, yesterday they all played like they had never experienced a big game we needed intelligent and composed play but what we got was rookie stuff a poor cheating ref didn't help but our lack of control was disappointing, I'm worried that playing 4-4-2 is not the right set up for our team are Jack and Dorrans good enough or athletic enough to control games in a 4-4-2 set up , yesterday's match it was hard to judge but just before they scored the equaliser they had started to control the midfield. 4-4-2 is a great attacking set up but the 4 in the midfield in my view need to be switched on and clever looking at our options for 4-4-2 I'm still not convinced that we have enough quality to play that formation .
    The main problems were Candeias and Windass giving the ball away so cheaply from midfield, Kenny Miller was also doing this.
    The full back were tucked in and close to centre backs and allowed them to come down the wings without any resistance.
    Their first goal the ginger moved in from the left straight up to Cardoso unchallenged.
    Their player for the 2nd got past Hodson without a challenge.

The central defence was stunned and immobile for both which was disappointing.

Both originally came from cheaply gifting possession.
    The third was another Wes horror show and he never covered himself with glory for the first 2.

The ref booked at least 4 of our players who shouldn't have been with Morelos and Candeias the worst.
    Stokes should have been off for the Tav incident, again Tav didn't deserve a yellow.
    If Jack goes off for aggressive behaviour how does Stokes again stay on the park?
    The potato look a like mcgeough how did he stay on despite repeated fouls.

Our play from 15mins to 90 we deserved to lose but it was exaggerated by the role of the ref.

However I have grave concerns of about most of our signings and the lack of signings in key areas (full backs, goal scorer and left midfield) and I have worries that our manager will pick up more losses before we play Celtic.