Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

Quote Originally Posted by the prodfather2 View Post
    I know Beerman's defending isn't exactly where you'd want it to be but I'd have him in instead of Hodson every day if the week
    This^^^

Hodson was terrified yesterday, two league games running he's being subbed for having a poor game. What's the betting on PC playing him against Hearts ?

I wonder if Kenny Miller fancies left back actually, he's got to squeeze him in somewhere.

I think great full backs are few and far between in our price range. If Tav and Wallace were at clubs that play against us they would probably be the names suggested. I think we will see Beerman playing now, Pedro has given Hodson a chance and clearly doesn't like what he see's. I really hope he doesn't do a Walter and put a central defender at full back.

I'd not put any blame on Tav yesterday. Early booking that shouldn't have been, from a ref you know will send you off at next opportunity. He didn't stop trying to get forward.

Jack and Candeias missing second half made life even more difficult for him.

Couldn't agree more with the op. Tav again cost us the first goal today and Hodson is well not very good at all is he

Quote Originally Posted by Northampton Lodger View Post
    I think great full backs are few and far between in our price range. If Tav and Wallace were at clubs that play against us they would probably be the names suggested. I think we will see Beerman playing now, Pedro has given Hodson a chance and clearly doesn't like what he see's. I really hope he doesn't do a Walter and put a central defender at full back.
    Papac was a great full back for us, remember he was a centre back at first. I'd bite your hand off for a younger version of him in this team.

But I agree, we don't have a centre back currently who could do the same job that Papac once filled.

Completely agree. Ship out hodson and sign a first team right back and first team left back. Tav and Wallace aren't good enough to be first picks every week