Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    02-04-2012
    Location
    Under the Sea
    Posts
    874

    Default Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    If funds are tight now, leave Walker and McLean until the next window. This problem needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

    We are very weak defensively here and I think most of us agree on here when we get attacked on these flanks, it makes for nervous viewing. Not to mention we have no effective cover if Tav or Wallace are injured. We will lose a lot of goals because of this.

    This isn't a dig at Tav or Wallace, going forward, they can be very good and can create a lot of chances. But defensively both are suspect a lot of the time.

    What are everyones thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    02-08-2008
    Posts
    8,353
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    We've spent about £4m on Pena and Herrera. I can't help but feel that money should have been spent elsewhere, such as the full back positions which are extremely weak as you say.

  3. Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    To complete the squad we need two good full backs, Walker McLean and Naismith .

    To fund this I'd sell foderingham IF we got a bid above 5 million and I'd sign Bain from Dundee to replace him.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Agree with the OP our full backs will cost us big time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    12,465

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Agree. No point having only half your back four decent.
    Our full backs are poor

  6. #6
    Join Date
    31-07-2006
    Location
    Cambuslang
    Posts
    13,775
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    A nasty sleekit bastard in midfield for me. We are STILL too lightweight in midfield.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    A good solid right and left back are urgently needed.

  8. Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Tavernier cannot defend, neither can Wallace and Lee Hodson is brutal - he's really bad.

    Yeah we need full backs but you can't buy a whole new squad in one window.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    20-10-2008
    Location
    The Drum
    Posts
    3,200

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    I know Beerman's defending isn't exactly where you'd want it to be but I'd have him in instead of Hodson every day if the week

  10. #10

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    My biggest impression from last weekend was that we needed replacements in the fullback area. However because we got the result last week I thought that we would get away with them for this season. We won't and if the manager has anything about him he will identify this and act accordingly.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Good call poster Bain's a good goalie and your right about the need for two new fullbacks, as Wallace and Tav are causing our defence all sorts of problems, as neither of them know how to defend or tackle. I think Wallace isn't going to ever get fit enough to play on a regular basis, so why then is he classed as good enough to be our captain, it just dosen't make sense.??

  12. #12
    Join Date
    31-05-2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddyjohn View Post
    We've spent about £4m on Pena and Herrera. I can't help but feel that money should have been spent elsewhere, such as the full back positions which are extremely weak as you say.
    I've no problem whatsoever with us shopping in markets further afield,indeed I encourage it but...

    It has to be to get in a better quality of player that's ready to play and make a difference,especially if we're paying 4 million on two players.I know it's early doors and some players take longer to adjust but for that money they need to be ready to go.

    Walker,Naismith and at least one full back could have been brought in for that kind of cash.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Location
    skiing down the kitzbuhl slopes
    Posts
    2,294

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    We need about 5 players imo 3 at least for 1st team to compete

  14. #14
    Join Date
    04-12-2006
    Posts
    5,335

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Two better fullbacks doesn’t stop the referee inexplicably sending off 1/2 of our midfield duo.

    We were never going to be allowed to beat them today.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    18-09-2006
    Location
    exeter
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    IMO we also need another centre back as if Wilson is the best of the rest then we are in trouble should Alves or Cardoso be suspended or injured for any period of time.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    2,994

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    I personally think Tavernier has looked much much better this season.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    1,561

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Halliday plays left full back.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    11-01-2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    5,721

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwoods88 View Post
    I personally think Tavernier has looked much much better this season.
    He has, but some posters decided a long, long time ago that he can't defend and therefore will never change in their opinion of him.

    He's made a few cockups in his time with us, but who hasn't?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    15-10-2008
    Location
    Dumfries
    Posts
    1,843

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by rangernation View Post
    Halliday plays left full back.
    too early to be fishing

  20. #20

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    Tavernier cannot defend, neither can Wallace and Lee Hodson is brutal - he's really bad.

    Yeah we need full backs but you can't buy a whole new squad in one window.
    Correct but surely you build from the back.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    1,561

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by weebaggy View Post
    too early to be fishing
    No fishing here. Stating a fact.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Filull backs were atrocious today

  23. #23
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    2,994

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by potnbear View Post
    Filull backs were atrocious today
    Including Tav who scored a cracking header?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    23-08-2012
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwoods88 View Post
    Including Tav who scored a cracking header?
    No point doing the business at one end , when not doing the job you're paid to do at the other.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Forget Walker and McLean, Full Backs desperately needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post
    He has, but some posters decided a long, long time ago that he can't defend and therefore will never change in their opinion of him.

    He's made a few cockups in his time with us, but who hasn't?
    That's because he can't defend. The lad has some good qualities but all involve him going forward. Most of our problems defensively are in our wide areas especially the right hand side. The OP is correct IMO, we need to strengthen the full back area.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •