Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers To Appeal Red Card

Default Re: Rangers To Appeal Red Card

Quote Originally Posted by georgedoors View Post
    The referee has a decision to make if he sees stokes and jack motion their heads towards each other he has to send both players off. The fact that stokes should be sent off in the his first altercation can't be overlooked either.
    I have seen both sides of the incident with jack and there's no reason for stokes who is already booked not be sent off alongside jack .
    Yet beaton also books tav for stokes earlier assault so to me beaton is corrupt bias cheat .
    I don't think you can argue that the referee didn't ruin the game for us.

If Jack's off then Stokes has to go too.

So if we're 10 v 10, do we still lose that game?

Who can say.

What it did do was completely upset our composure and after that we were chasing the game.

My issue was that I was certain - with despicable vermin like Lennon and Stokes in the mix - that there would be a big flashpoint like that at some stage yesterday.

That it happened and that it destroyed our rhythm and any gameplan we were adhering to at the time is something I think we do need to look at.

Yes, we should expect / demand greater equilibrium from officials - and that is something for the club to pursue - but we also need to help ourselves and not get dragged into unnecessary indiscipline.

Easier said than done in the heat of the moment of course, but there was a certain inevitability about events yesterday that we need to be smarter to.

Why does it feel as if there are more timposters and handwringers on these type of threads than genuine bears?

The supposed "evidence" they are trying to present AGAINST one of our players (from Ben the Tim no less!) is from an angle which fails to show Stokes initial head movement towards Jack which he is then meeting by moving his own head forward rather than backing down from Stokes. It can be clearly seen from the other angles but some on here want to present our player as the instigator here (for reasons best known to themselves).

You can decide for yourself why any supposed bear would be wanting to insist Jack deserved a red here.

Dorrans had the Pole that scored by the throat, it's a mans game. And we should not be relying on referees to pump the spoon burners. Pedro is no Wallace, Smith or Struth, we should have a manager that knows the Scottish game, and building from youth.

I don't expect the scum on appeal panel will help our cause.Maybe stokes will get a red but I don't expect Jack's red card will be overturned as it would be admlttlng ref got it wrong.Expect another special performance next week from thomson or glancy or whoever they give the opportunity to help hearts against us.They are all the same,cheating cowards doing as they are bid by celtc/sfa/spfl scun.

Quote Originally Posted by igorloyal View Post
    Why does it feel as if there are more timposters and handwringers on these type of threads than genuine bears?

The supposed "evidence" they are trying to present AGAINST one of our players (from Ben the Tim no less!) is from an angle which fails to show Stokes initial head movement towards Jack which he is then meeting by moving his own head forward rather than backing down from Stokes. It can be clearly seen from the other angles but some on here want to present our player as the instigator here (for reasons best known to themselves).

You can decide for yourself why any supposed bear would be wanting to insist Jack deserved a red here.

Who the **** has said he's the instigator? What is so hard to understand that people are merely stating that the movement of the head is a red card offence, it's violent conduct regardless of who instigated it. Everyone knows that stokes instigated it and should've walked (except the referee) all the other posters are saying is jack isn't the angel you're all making out. He put his head in there is absolutely no arguing about that it's a fact there's multiple angles to prove it. He gave the referee the opportunity to send him off.

From 2 or 3 different angles I've now see what happened was - in this order -Stokes grabs Jack by the neck and puts his head in, Jack puts his head in to retaliate, Stokes then reels back playing the victim.

Red card for both, I've no complaints.

Yellow for Jack, 2nd yellow for Stokes, I've no complaints.

But for Jack to be sent off and for nothing to happen to Stokes is a f*cking disgrace of a decision which puts us at a disadvantage for more than half the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws2007 View Post
    t,Dorrans had the Pole that scored by the throa it's a mans game. And we should not be relying on referees to pump the spoon burners. Pedro is no Wallace, Smith or Struth, we should have a manager that knows the Scottish game, and building from youth.
    Keeping the pot boiling? You're transparent.

8. Default Re: Rangers To Appeal Red Card

Quote Originally Posted by georgedoors View Post
    Its the Ryan jack incident I speak off stokes has made the same action to headbutt a rangers player . I have no idea why you make a claim then ignore the facts .
    There is more than one view of the incident and all views together show both players having the same head moving towards head action.
    You're having a howler.
    Nope, I'm staying on topic. The thread is to discuss Ryan Jack's red card. There's plenty other threads regarding the other incidents which I have commented on. Please quote me who is arguing that Stokes should have remained on the pitch. I'd be amazed if you find anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagsbear View Post
    I've seen that before, in fact its posted on here, its not 'clear' as it doesn't explain the umpteen other angles that show Stokes pushing his head forward after grabbing Jacks throat.
    It's unbelievably clear. He moves his head towards Stokes' face in an aggressive manner. In doing so, gave the opportunity to the referee to send him off. Again, not one person is arguing that Stokes should have remained on the pitch. Not one person is arguing the referee had a great game, quite the opposite in fact. He had a horrendous performance. But if you look at Jack's involvement as a single incident I think it's fairly obvious why he was sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by TN8 View Post
    From 2 or 3 different angles I've now see what happened was - in this order -Stokes grabs Jack by the neck and puts his head in, Jack puts his head in to retaliate, Stokes then reels back playing the victim.

But for Jack to be sent off and for nothing to happen to Stokes is a f*cking disgrace of a decision which puts us at a disadvantage for more than half the game.
    This post makes WAY too much sense to be on here

Bang on .......................

I said this at 7am this morning, that is exactly what happened. Why some folk are insisting that Jack 'deserved' a red, whilst 40 maws gets off is anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObjective View Post
    Nope, I'm staying on topic. The thread is to discuss Ryan Jack's red card. There's plenty other threads regarding the other incidents which I have commented on. Please quote me who is arguing that Stokes should have remained on the pitch. I'd be amazed if you find anyone.

It's unbelievably clear. He moves his head towards Stokes' face in an aggressive manner. In doing so, gave the opportunity to the referee to send him off. Again, not one person is arguing that Stokes should have remained on the pitch. Not one person is arguing the referee had a great game, quite the opposite in fact. He had a horrendous performance. But if you look at Jack's involvement as a single incident I think it's fairly obvious why he was sent off.
    I'm sorry, but I can't look at the incident solely from Jacks involvement, because the referee didn't,he seen Stokes grab his throat and he seen Stokes be the aggressor, yet sent off the Rangers player and ignored the Hibs player completely.

You may think you're doing a great job at being Captain Objective, but you're worse than a man short.

13. Default Re: Rangers To Appeal Red Card

[QUOTE=wother;25541153]
    Quote Originally Posted by yarrumdavid01 View Post
    Damage is done, if we are successful appealing so what?

I'll tell you why. So we can have this ref chased out the game and demoted, which is exactly what the Taigs were doing when it was happening to them. It isn't happening to them anymore, guess why?
    When it was happening to Celtic?

I don't remember them having anything like the level of incorrect refereeing decisions against them, that Rangers have been experiencing for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Embra Bear View Post
    maybe it was two separate incidents in quick succession. Irrespective of the other angles that's pretty damning.

Sandy jardine rear. Took me a while to work that out as well.
    So you have seen the video clip and its perspevtive is essentially side on yeah ? Its clear anthony stokes lays head forward at ryan jack yeah ? And this creates movement in ryans head back n forth .

So how can anyone then conclude from a behind ryan jack perspective that he headed into anthony stokes ??

The most likely explanation is that is the same timepoint for both clips , side and rear . At NO time from side does it show a further ryan jack act with his head.

Quote Originally Posted by aldojack View Post
    I wonder what evidence would be best to use

A) Side angle to see what both players do and who does what

B) Angle behind Jack to look like he may have instigated it
    Jack's defence he tried to protect himself as Stokes was the aggressor in the incident he lowered his head to protect himself .....

Quote Originally Posted by Tagsbear View Post
    I said this at 7am this morning, that is exactly what happened. Why some folk are insisting that Jack 'deserved' a red, whilst 40 maws gets off is anyones guess.
    No one is saying Stokes deserved to get let off.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalbox View Post
    So you have seen the video clip and its perspevtive is essentially side on yeah ? Its clear anthony stokes lays head forward at ryan jack yeah ? And this creates movement in ryans head back n forth .

So how can anyone then conclude from a behind ryan jack perspective that he headed into anthony stokes ??

The most likely explanation is that is the same timepoint for both clips , side and rear . At NO time from side does it show a further ryan jack act with his head.
    Simple. Ryan Jacks head is clearly moving forward.

Defence ffs , what evidence do prosecution have ? Why should he need yo defend against something that didnt happen - which the TV clips show clearly . Thats the point .

Quote Originally Posted by mentalbox View Post
    Defence ffs , what evidence do prosecution have ? Why should he need yo defend against something that didnt happen - which the TV clips show clearly . Thats the point .
    Well lets hope he gets the red reduced to a yellow at worst. However I get the impression that evidence which is nothing short of Stokes hitting Jack around the head with a baseball will get that red rescinded. Why?. Because it's Rangers.

The angle Beaton and myself had was worse than the rest, however the other angles still show the same incident. Stokes initiating, Jack taking the bait.
    It wasn't a head butt, it was 2 guys squaring up. Both should have been booked or if the referee thought it was that bad both should have been sent off.

Appealing the red card is a distraction. The club should be focused on ensuring the end of Beaton's career.

Quote Originally Posted by superger View Post
    Appealing the red card is a distraction. The club should be focused on ensuring the end of Beaton's career.
    We should be but the silence from the top is deafening

Quote Originally Posted by superger View Post
    his career would have been ended by now if it was the scum with the decisions we got yesterday

and more likely some of his windows would have been smashed

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad150 View Post
    his career would have been ended by now if it was the scum with the decisions we got yesterday

and more likely some of his windows would have been smashed

I believe we were issued 4 yellows and a red card in the first half alone yesterday. Beaton ensured we were never winning that game. In more than 40 years of attending Ibrox I've never witnessed a more blatant cheating performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Union Jack 1873 View Post
    It will be but the damage is done we should have been 2 points ahead of the Scum we are 3 points behind them.
    This shows the fine margins that can ruin you. 5 point swing in 24 hours.

Hopefully something will go in our favour next week.

Astana need to put in a good result on Wednesday and try knock them out and see how they react.