Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by The Predator View Post
    I agree for what its worth. Dorrans was swamped and had a stinker due to that
    Halliday was put in a similar position last season.

Pedro is struggling in these bigger games - that's home defeats to Celtic, Aberdeen + Hibs.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pedro's baffling subs

I've posted a few times I don't see Pedro being there at Christmas. I remain of that view.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluebear74 View Post
    away and f@@k yerself op, the manager was trying to win the game,

Take it you didn't see the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by flumpy_85 View Post
    People say there's a problem from boardroom down to the fans, that we don't stick up for ourselves . They then go on and blame one of our own, not the dirty taig ref who couldn't wait to feck our game up. What chance have we got when we would rather blame our manager than a cheating ref.
    Mate, no one is disagreeing that the sending off was a joke, it's what happened after that we are talking about ! Was Pedro brave with his subs or should be have shored up a bit ? Personally i would have brought Rossiter on for one of our strikers, as others have said Dorrans was being swamped in midfield .

Quote Originally Posted by bluetou View Post
    Mate, no one is disagreeing that the sending off was a joke, it's what happened after that we are talking about ! Was Pedro brave with his subs or should be have shored up a bit ? Personally i would have brought Rossiter on for one of our strikers, as others have said Dorrans was being swamped in midfield .

Agree. Rossiter should have been on for Miller in my opinion

Pedro's failed every major challenge so far in his tenure. I'm pretty amazed he's still here tbh.

I think I've yet to see a tactical approach under Pedro that's made any sense.

Last season's 1-1 draw with Motherwell - where he made three subs at half time and played Toral and Halliday at centre half in a two man defence - remains the most baffling second half performance I've seen at Ibrox

He will be gone by Christmas. In fact I'm amazed more people haven't realised why Halliday went on loan and wasn't sold.

Taking everything on board, I'm away to play fifa. You lot have giving me the knowledge to win every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
    I think I've yet to see a tactical approach under Pedro that's made any sense.

Last season's 1-1 draw with Motherwell - where he made three subs at half time and played Toral and Halliday at centre half in a two man defence - remains the most baffling second half performance I've seen at Ibrox

He will be gone by Christmas. In fact I'm amazed more people haven't realised why Halliday went on loan and wasn't sold.
    Okay, why is that?
    Do you think he believes another manager will see something in him that nobody else sees?

Quote Originally Posted by Graemelins View Post
    Pedro's failed every major challenge so far in his tenure. I'm pretty amazed he's still here tbh.
    Was the Motherwell game not a challenge then?

I am just back home from the game and totally agree with the op. The blindingly obvious substitution to make was to put on Rossiter for either Windass or Miller. I could understand what Pedro thought he was trying to do but it was totally unrealistic and handed control to that mob.

12. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Changing manager now would most likely have no positive impact onn our season. The peak performance of players that came to work with Pedro would probably never be realised. Besides I am not yet convinced his team has gelled. In my view we have to give him a season at least. Remember the pressure on our managers will increase dramatically with each title they win.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetou View Post
    What killed us wasn't simply the sending off but the goal we lost just after.
    That meant we had to chase the game and Hibs didn't need to do anything other than keep possession where possible and defend well to keep us out.
    Caixinha tried one way, to get the ball forward early, but it didn't work.
    Would another way have guaranteed success?
    I've not been Pedros biggest fan since Luxembourg but I'll forgive him for today.
    Piles on the pressure for next week though.

suramericaranger is offline anyone in marketing or advertising...kill yourself

We lost the game today because our manger is an utter idiot.

Pedro made the right call with the players he took off at half time. Hodson was crap and Candias had lost it and would have been sent off. Rossiter should have been on instead of Herreras and we should have gone 4-4-1

Quote Originally Posted by tazzabear View Post
    Was the Motherwell game not a challenge then?
    No in all honesty

Motherwell are a bottom 6 club and we should be winning there.

Quote Originally Posted by suramericaranger View Post
    We lost the game today because our manger is an utter idiot.
    Really?

11 v 11 we win hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by 51+3Easy View Post
    No in all honesty

Motherwell are a bottom 6 club and we should be winning there.
    As good as we were for 45 mins, we are a Wes worldy in the dying moments away from dropping points at Fir Park and Bipolar FF having this meltdown a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
    Changing manager now would most likely have no positive impact onn our season. The peak performance of players that came to work with Pedro would probably never be realised. Besides I am not yet convinced his team has gelled. In my view we have to give him a season at least. Remember the pressure on our managers will increase dramatically with each title they win.
    A new manager could definitely get more out of this squad.

We've spent 6m in a league where guys like Darren McGregor play.

4m on Pena and Herrera- they're Pedro's Barton and Garner

I wouldn't even think Christmas is a possibility for Pedro he will be gone long before that.It hurts me to say it but he is tactically inept and totally unsuited to be managet of Rangers like Le gien he will be a failed experiment and one that we shoudmt have thought about taking. A safe pair of hands was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumchapel-Bear View Post
    As good as we were for 45 mins, we are a Wes worldy in the dying moments away from dropping points at Fir Park and Bipolar FF having this meltdown a week ago.
    We're a shambles mate and it's a matter of time now.

Our fan's couldn't have done more today.

12 changes in the last 14 or so games at half-time

I tried to just enjoy the build up to the game this week as i knew a **** up was coming

King should have just gave Warburton the 6 million last year- we'd have least a style of play and play football

We're a shambles mate and it's a matter of time now.

Our fan's couldn't have done more today.

12 changes in the last 14 or so games at half-time

I tried to just enjoy the build up to the game this week as i knew a **** up was coming

King should have just gave Warburton the 6 million last year- we'd have least a style of play and play football
    More like somewhere between the region of 8-10m:

Pena 3.5m
    Herrera 1m plus
    Morelos 1m
    Cardoso 1-1.5m
    Dorrans 1-1.5m
    Candeias 750k-1m

We spent on Herrera and Pena what MW spent over 4 windows on 25 players.

23. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

A new manager could definitely get more out of this squad.

We've spent 6m in a league where guys like Darren McGregor play.

4m on Pena and Herrera- they're Pedro's Barton and Garner
    Possibly mate but I am not convinced.

1. Who would take the job knowing the budget has already been spent?
    2. Who is available that is better than PC or BRodgered?

Yeah we gained about 3m in transfer fees in.

Be careful what you wish for - Warburton was getting closer to the tarriers by hook or crook.

I said it months ago you should only come back from Qatar with fags and chlamydia.

It's certainly up for debate whether Pedro's the man for the job, but one things for sure, I wouldn't have give a penny more to the snake who came before him.