Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

The midfield fell out the game as that prick had booked them all, we couldn't put any sort of aggressive pressure on Hibs or we'd have been down to 9.

Using that refereeing performance to prop up a stubborn opinion about the manager is a disgrace.

2. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

We were cheated today

But playing most of the second half without Candeias or Morelos was frankly laughable

Kenny Miller wandering about in the middle of nowhere pointing is fast becoming a trademark up there with the Lee McCulloch head rub and the Boydie tap freekick

3. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Candeias was booked around 25 minutes, another challenge and he was off.

Rightly taken off.

Default Re: Pedro's baffling subs

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Trotter View Post
    When Jack goes off, surely Rossiter should have been on for Hodson who was garbage for the second week running

Pena then comes on as well for his debut and was like a rabbit caught in the headlights

This nonsense with Miller in midfield killed us as well. He is not a midfielder and was worse than a man down in the 2nd half

The ref cost us today but Pedro's subs were bizarre and didn't help us
    Exactly what I said at the time. The manager`s decisions in the circumstances were mystifying. Kenny wasn`t having a great day to begin with, but dropping him into midfield made him look even worse.

OP

FECK OFF

You have NO idea about football outside Fifa and championship manager 20XX !!

YOU are typical of a Murray "Customer" !

just feck Off !

Quote Originally Posted by pennyblack View Post
    Dorrans shouting to govan that we are being conned says it all
    Please can you elaborate on this

Difficult one for Pedro but at least he had a go. I was thinking Rossiter for Miller myself. The problem was Herrera without the width of Candeias forced long balls which never cause many problems, however Candeias was looking like a potential 2nd red too.

Last season that would have finished 4-1. I'm not too discouraged, didn't see what Jack did to merit a red but that ref was at it today it felt like. Couple more signings and we'll do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goal Machine View Post
    Well argued , I doff my hat.

Plus the fact Herrerra and Pena were leaden footed and we kept a 38 year old on the pitch. We were reduced to hit and hope.

Pardon me, for having an opinion.
    Your opinion is embarrassing. The only "tactical decision" that handed them the game was made by the taig in black.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluebear74 View Post
    away and f@@k yerself op, the manager was trying to win the game,
    Yes he was but ultimately the decision got us one goal and lost us one goal so it didn't really work. I thought going to 3 at the back given it was already a dodgy defence with 4 there was pretty suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluebear74 View Post
    away and f@@k yerself op, the manager was trying to win the game,
    He hid it well then. I've seen some sh.it games/tactics over the last 5 years and that 2nd half is up there with the worst

Rossiter should've been brought on straight after jack went off & candelas subbed as he was running s risk after his booking (and Jack shouldn't have allowed himself to get into a position to be sent off , the players fell into the trap that hibs wanted , too caught up in the atmosphere / getting dragged into a fight .

We as fans are also in danger of creating some sort of grudge fixture against the Diddy Tims , we don't have the energy to waste on teams like hibs and Aberdeen , we have one real advisory , the rest are just filler who should be taken care off as we collect 3pts

My concerns going forward is really Herrera, a target man with zero pace and doesn't win the ball in the air either, looks nowhere like a goal threat!

Compare against what they got out of Simon Murray , guy was man of the match caused us problems all day and hibs got him for nothing

I'm hoping with Director of Football now in place we take better control of our player recruitment going forward given the money we spent on Herrara, it's fast looking like would've been far better buying moult from Motherwell for 3/4rs of the price or as I've said previously if the manager was going to switch formation to playing 2 up front keeping Garner and seeing what he coukd be done with a strike partner (not least the 1/2million we lost on selling him from what we paid

When down to 10 you have a choice - go 4-4-1 and be under pressure or try and relieve that pressure by having 2 players up top.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but for people on here to slag off the manager for taking the action he did is complete and utter bollox. At least he was being positive.

Maybe the 'experts' with hind sight would like to publish their credentials??

I thought Dorrans was really poor as well today, he never really had any impact on the game.

We were never winning today, not even with 11 men. Beaton ensured the outcome and result of us losing. Blaming Pedro for an openly cheating ref is just craziness.

Beaton cost us the game.

But Rossiter should have came on straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by geogeo View Post
    Please can you elaborate on this
    After his booking he said we were being conned

It should have been 4-4-1, consolidate and work ourselves back into the game.

Rossiter for Miller/Morelos.

The substitutions are puzzling. Candeias before Windass? Herrera is pointless in this set-up.

And Pena was also unfair on the player.

Very poor game management.

Blog Entries

Playing with 2 strikers rather than adding another midfield player meant we were swamped and were reduced to hitting aimless balls up to the strikers.

Surely it would have been much better to play 4-4-1, be more solid, and have more possesion. **** off arse hole only the cheating ref to blame

Made it so easy for Hibs.

That said as far as the whole game was concerned the red card was pivotal.

Maybe someone can explain why Ryan Jack was picked out for a red card, if so, there should have been more.
    **** off thicko only the cheating ref to blame for today JUST WATCH THE GAME

Difficult one to judge today given the circumstances.

However he seems incapable of making the most obvious/sensible tactical change and instead always tries something a bit different. He took a chance today by not making the midfield more compact and instead brought on herrera (who looks like a big lump of wood so far) resulting in long balls which they happily mopped up and slowed the pace of the game down.

Its the second week in a row where he has made a poor tactical change (moving to a back 3/5 last week with 15 mins to go which almost cost us the win).

Hopefully he will learn and improve but together with last seasons performances, the signs are still extremely unconvincing.

Quote Originally Posted by superger View Post
    We were never winning today, not even with 11 men. Beaton ensured the outcome and result of us losing. Blaming Pedro for an openly cheating ref is just craziness.
    I think that was underlined in the incident where Morales got booked. The Hibs player slipped and fell on the ball. He was on all fours covering the ball making no attempt to get up. Morales then tries to kick the ball out from under the hiv player and Beaton books him. How the **** was even a foul let alone a booking. He then lets Mcgeough away with a really bad tackle tat should have been a second yellow.

21. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

I don't understand the Pena substitution?

Couldn't make the bench in midweek against lower league muck yet brought on in a game that we were chasing and down to 10 men.

He didn't look fit.

Blog Entries

Playing with 2 strikers rather than adding another midfield player meant we were swamped and were reduced to hitting aimless balls up to the strikers.

Surely it would have been much better to play 4-4-1, be more solid, and have more possesion.

Made it so easy for Hibs.

That said as far as the whole game was concerned the red card was pivotal.

Maybe someone can explain why Ryan Jack was picked out for a red card, if so, there should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by superger View Post
    exactly no way we were winning today with that cheating ****

Quote Originally Posted by willie w View Post
    I thought Dorrans was really poor as well today, he never really had any impact on the game.
    This. Jack & Dorrans had slipped out the game before the red card.
    Sure, we were cheated by the SFA's minions. But we were slightly unlucky and some players let us down too.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    I don't understand the Pena substitution?

Couldn't make the bench in midweek against lower league muck yet brought on in a game that we were chasing and down to 10 men.

He didn't look fit.
    Bringing him into a game like that was a crazy decision especially when we were chasing it.

I don't have a massive problem with his substitutions. He must have thought candias was a certainty for a second yellow so withdrew him. We needed an extra person in midfield and it was worth having 2 forwards.

Pena had a tough start however he was clean through at the end in a goal scoring position and taken clean out then the ref books the wrong person.

The ref had more influence than our manager.