Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 168

Thread: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

  1. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    I think he's made a huge blunder in not bringing in a dyed in the wool bluenose who knows the club and Scottish football because we all knew what to expect today - a fierce atmosphere, a Hibs team fired up by Lennon, the likelihood of stokes and the rest getting away with murder and the strong possibility of a referee only too happy to send one of ours off amongst other things - and I don't think caixinha or any of his backroom staff prepared the team for any of that simply because they don't know what to expect here.

    Already this looks like a team that might do ok with the wind at their back shooting downhill against teams that will let them play and referees that will protect them but im not holding my breath.

    Like everyone else I'd give anything for the manager to get it right I just can't help thinking a bit of local knowledge would be a huge help.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    07-04-2010
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by wilso10 View Post
    You'll probably require the tin hat, given how shambolic the ref was today, but ultimately you're right.

    PC's tactical decisions from the minute we went down to 10 men were piss poor.

    What has Pena done to deserve coming on ahead of Niko Kranjcar anyway? Why shove Herrera on at HT ahead of Niko when we had 2 strikers on? Surely the sensible decision would have been to take either Windass, or one of Miller/Morelos off and put Niko on and try get us creating something for the striker(s) in the 2nd half.

    The managers performance will go relatively un-noticed today because of the ref, but questions have to be asked.
    If you think Niko should be the choice to come on when we're down to 10 men you've lost the plot.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    31-07-2006
    Location
    Republic of Scotland :-(
    Posts
    6,786

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    He went for it, it didn't work out.

    Can't fault the players for effort.

    Bit disorganised when went down to 10.

    Maybe he was hoping we could take the game to them a bit - then maybe draw a foul making it 10 v 10?

    I don't know. But, won't be critical of the manager today.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    05-08-2006
    Posts
    4,787

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Tend to agree with op. 441 get through to ht regroup and set tactics for nicking a winner in second half. Keeping 2 up front was crazy lost a goal straight away and looked like we could have got a doing first 20 of the second half. We could have got a draw from that match with better tactics.

  5. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    The managers onto a lose lose situation with some of the halfwits on here!! For talking sake he adds another midfielder to tighten up and we still lose, he would of been criticised for being "negative".
    Maybe next manager we get in some from here should maybe apply!!

  6. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    We had a player wrongly sent off and several others (7 I think?) all on a yellow card knowing any mistimed challenge and they were off.

    We were literally up against it all over the pitch today which incudled an utterly incompetent ref.

    All the tactics in the world don't matter when you are up against what we were today.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    29-10-2008
    Location
    Somewhere down the crazy river
    Posts
    2,621
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArmband View Post
    I think he's made a huge blunder in not bringing in a dyed in the wool bluenose who knows the club and Scottish football because we all knew what to expect today - a fierce atmosphere, a Hibs team fired up by Lennon, the likelihood of stokes and the rest getting away with murder and the strong possibility of a referee only too happy to send one of ours off amongst other things - and I don't think caixinha or any of his backroom staff prepared the team for any of that simply because they don't know what to expect here.

    Already this looks like a team that might do ok with the wind at their back shooting downhill against teams that will let them play and referees that will protect them but im not holding my breath.

    Like everyone else I'd give anything for the manager to get it right I just can't help thinking a bit of local knowledge would be a huge help.
    I think there is some truth in what you say. JJ might be a good coach and he might love the club but John Brown would have been my choice.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    15-02-2017
    Posts
    820
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    The defence was howkingly bad. It was utter shite. The referee a joke for about 6 or 7 bookings. They should have had 2 sent off.
    Then Jack does a head butt action on Stokes and gives that bastard in black no option.

    However did the ref allow them to run through unchallenged from Cardoso, does he make our fullbacks be so poor. Did he make the manager make baffling decisions.

  9. #34

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    It's not worth giving abuse or anything but i thought for sure there was a couple questionable decisions he made. Should have brought Rossiter or Pena on immediately and thought that constant long balls at time were a bit easy to handle for Hibs as their central defenders are quite good in the air. Should never have been in that situation in the first place though so i'm hardly going to critique his decisions too much

  10. #35
    sirdrinksalot is offline Shes all that ever mattered and all that ever will
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Location
    At The Gates Of Hell!
    Posts
    12,787

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Anyone defending the manager after that is off their head, och aye we went for it but we got pumped, hey ho.

    We were all over the shop 2nd half and made a newly promoted side look like Barcelona, we were exposed and disorganised at the back, had little in midfield and humped long balls aimlessly up front.

    Going down to 10 men is an inconvenience but not the end of the world, 2 banks of 4 and a hard working forward can still be tight at the back and create chances.

    Another tactical master class from Pedro, losing at home to our Scummy rivals is becoming a regular thing now.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    30-07-2006
    Location
    Leuchars
    Posts
    12,590

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    It is fair to say that the ref was the catalyst for our loss today and the comments regarding players being scared to tackle was patently true.

    That said, I was confused by the tactics after the red card. We had a combative, natural midfielder on the bench and chose Miller for the role instead. We kept 2 up top, basically gifting huge areas of the park in our own half to hibs, we brought on a guy for his debut at 1-3 which was never a great idea and while it is admirable that he went for it, the way he went for it was, at least, questionable.

    That said, it was an incredibly hard game to manage for Pedro today and I think that whatever way he went, he was on a hiding to nothing.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    29-07-2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    4,625

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Was that Rangers going for it ? Was that Rangers trying to salve a point or a win ? I thought Hibs pissed all over us in the second half. .

  13. #38
    Join Date
    20-06-2017
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdrinksalot View Post
    Anyone defending the manager after that is off their head, och aye we went for it but we got pumped, hey ho.

    We were all over the shop 2nd half and made a newly promoted side look like Barcelona, we were exposed and disorganised at the back, had little in midfield and humped long balls aimlessly up front.

    Going down to 10 men is an inconvenience but not the end of the world, 2 banks of 4 and a hard working forward can still be tight at the back and create chances.

    Another tactical master class from Pedro, losing at home to our Scummy rivals is becoming a regular thing now.
    We were a shambles as you said with Miller in midfield second half.

    Manager made a huge mistake not bringing on Rossiter for a striker. We went with two up front and Miller in midfield with 10 men

    Writing on the wall I'm afraid

  14. #39

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    lads this is why the papes run riot in this country?

    We're absolutely flying today and the ref sends our man off for a minor offence while letting the opponent kick the shit out us.

    What do we do? Blame the manager, indeed use it as leverage to get him out the door as you don't fancy him.

    We never ever learn

  15. #40
    Join Date
    15-02-2017
    Posts
    820
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdrinksalot View Post
    Anyone defending the manager after that is off their head, och aye we went for it but we got pumped, hey ho.

    We were all over the shop 2nd half and made a newly promoted side look like Barcelona, we were exposed and disorganised at the back, had little in midfield and humped long balls aimlessly up front.

    Going down to 10 men is an inconvenience but not the end of the world, 2 banks of 4 and a hard working forward can still be tight at the back and create chances.

    Another tactical master class from Pedro, losing at home to our Scummy rivals is becoming a regular thing now.
    I agree, I am struggling to remember a decent performance by us at home for so long now.

    I cannot believe how bad our wide players are in defence and in attack, as for Kenny Miller if I said what I wanted I would get a ban.
    Our discipline went and we quit when they equalised. Growing sick of these performances. We have been crying out for good full backs and wingers and none are signed. Still not signed a goal scorer.
    Herrera I can't think of any excuses for him.
    We should have went 4 in the middle and 1 up front after Jack got sent off, a terrible decision by the manager who seems to make a lot of them.

  16. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by stevesnedden View Post
    I think there is some truth in what you say. JJ might be a good coach and he might love the club but John Brown would have been my choice.
    We all knew what to expect I just get the impression the team and management don't. Over the road Rodgers has the likes of John Kennedy and Stevie woods who know what Scottish football is all about as do all the other clubs we have no one in the management set up who knows the score - we seem to have gone from one nice management team to another nice management team and there's teams coming to our home and bullying us it's ****ing desperate we need a backbone

    I'm not saying we can't have a foreign management team but would love if they had a bomber alex rae Barry ferguson or an ian ferguson for that matter just a hard bluenose who knows what it's all about

  17. #42
    Join Date
    30-07-2006
    Location
    Leuchars
    Posts
    12,590

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by Standards1972 View Post
    lads this is why the papes run riot in this country?

    We're absolutely flying today and the ref sends our man off for a minor offence while letting the opponent kick the shit out us.

    What do we do? Blame the manager, indeed use it as leverage to get him out the door as you don't fancy him.

    We never ever learn
    For years their fault was that they did not look inwards for blame while things were shit for them, it was all to do with others. The bottom line is that the ref was awful, shocking, but our reaction was not great and Pedro has to shouldera portion of the blame.

    Life is not black and white, it is not ALL down to 1 reason, there can quite easily, obviously, be several factors at play in any given situation. Today was one of those situations.

    Fortunately, the results between the Europa exit and today have bought the manager a little time.

  18. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    I cannot blame Pedro Caixinha for that today.

    The next few weeks will be very interesting. He and our players will fully realise what they are up against.

  19. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    I agree, I am struggling to remember a decent performance by us at home for so long now.

    I cannot believe how bad our wide players are in defence and in attack, as for Kenny Miller if I said what I wanted I would get a ban.
    Our discipline went and we quit when they equalised. Growing sick of these performances. We have been crying out for good full backs and wingers and none are signed. Still not signed a goal scorer.
    Herrera I can't think of any excuses for him.
    We should have went 4 in the middle and 1 up front after Jack got sent off, a terrible decision by the manager who seems to make a lot of them.
    Obviously missed the Dunfermline game midweek if you can't remember a decent home performance Albeit against a "championship" side but a championship side that put hearts out and also pumped Inverness 5-1 on the back of a 6-0 defeat.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    20-08-2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    8,821

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by stevesnedden View Post
    I think there is some truth in what you say. JJ might be a good coach and he might love the club but John Brown would have been my choice.
    John Brown is still involved at the club I'm sure he wouldn't be shy in letting Pedro know anyone he needs to

  21. #46
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    2,994

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    I don't think bringing Herrera on was the smartest move he could have made in all honesty.
    We were then lumping balls at him with no one near him, all credit to him he put himself about and had a few nice touches etc but we would have been best served bringing Rossiter or Holt into the middle to win that battle and have Kenny in behind Morelos.

  22. #47

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    he clearly tried to see how it was going to pan out before making a decision
    had we gone in 1-1 - Rossiter would be on and carry on

    going in 2-1 down, he tried to go for it
    almost paid off too despite a poor 2nd half performance from the team

  23. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    I cannot blame Pedro Caixinha for that today.

    The next few weeks will be very interesting. He and our players will fully realise what they are up against.
    Pretty much my point on this thread although my concerns are

    a. They should have already known what they'd be up against and someone Scottish in their backroom staff would have ensured they would have and

    B. We don't have a few weeks to get it right we've been beaten on our own ground and to have any chance of challenging for the league that can't happen again this season it's as simple as that for me

  24. #49

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Reacting to going down to ten men shows the real tactical strength and capabilities of the manager.

    He failed in that regard today.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    31-07-2006
    Location
    Bill Struth Main Stand
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

    Quote Originally Posted by Standards1972 View Post
    lads this is why the papes run riot in this country?

    We're absolutely flying today and the ref sends our man off for a minor offence while letting the opponent kick the shit out us.

    What do we do? Blame the manager, indeed use it as leverage to get him out the door as you don't fancy him.

    We never ever learn
    We blame the manager cause he was to blame. The ref was a joke but so many teams have been down to 10 men before and dealt with it. Take off Miller for Rossitter and play it tight. Get the wide players to support the striker when we have the ball and tuck in when we havn't. It is basic tactics. Its not rocket science. We conceded the midfield so had to lump balls up to the top two. If or when they got it the midfield was 30 yards back the way and too far away to support.

    The ref got it badly wrong.............but so did Pedro.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •