Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by pennyblack View Post
    Dorrans shouting to govan that we are being conned says it all
    Dorrans shouted that we're being conned by who?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacrispy View Post
    It's certainly up for debate whether Pedro's the man for the job, but one things for sure, I wouldn't have give a penny more to the snake who came before him.
    Warburton a better manager than Pedro
    mate.

You could at least see what we were trying to do although we passed the ball to death

Despite playing an hour with 10 all that separated us was an unfortunate own goal.

Quote Originally Posted by mpayton15277 View Post
    Whats this?

Quote Originally Posted by beanyrfc View Post
    Despite playing an hour with 10 all that separated us was an unfortunate own goal.
    Mate we were a mile off
    Murray tortured our centre halves.

The own goal was horrendous defending, Hodson shites it and we allow the striker two touches in our 6 yard box

Quote Originally Posted by suramericaranger View Post
    We lost the game today because our manger is an utter idiot.
    **** off. We were all over them at the start. We lost the game because we went down to ten men

We lost the game today for a number of factors.

First, the ref had 2 howlers and made a "mistake" sending off Jack and not sending off Stokes.

Second. Our manager made a howler with the tactics. We started off well and could have been 2 or 3 up. We lost a crazy goal and then the manager could not see that their 5 man midfield were tasking a grip of the game. At that point he could have changed things but didn't. We then had the sending off and if anyone thought that losing our main defensive midfielder and replacing him in there with a 37 year old striker was a good idea then i would like an explanation. At the point of the sending off, Miller should have been replaced by Rossitter and the midfield shored up. We would probably not lost the second goal and got to half time 1-1 and time to regroup. The same team should have come out for the second half with instruction to keep it tight and hold the ball when we could. One of the two wide players should have assisted the striker when we had the ball and dropped back in when we lost it in a disciplined fashion.
    Pedro put 2 strikers up top and told then not to come back into our own half. We lumped the ball up to them and it was coming back even faster.
    I supported Pedro from the off and but bad results down to him learning our game and getting to know the players but i have come to the opinion that he is clueless. He has no idea.
    My main concern when he took over was the lack of defensive midfielders and he addressed that with Jack and Rossitter being back fit.
    My other main concern was our full backs and the inability to defend. They can all attack reasonably well but the defending part they are a joke. Wallace and Tav just can't defend and Hodson is like a rabbit caught in the headlights. A full backs first job is to defend and stop crosses coming into our box and neither can do this. I thought this would be addressed in the summer but its still the same. Our centre backs, no matter who they are keep getting slaughtered on here but they are exposed all the time in the space between them and the full back channels.
    Even some of his new signings are hard to believe. Can anyone say Garner would not have done better that Herrera yesterday. He is slow, immobile and cant hold the ball up.

There are lots of soundbites from the players saying the manager does not have a clue and to be fair to them they looked bewildered by his tactics yesterday when they came out at half time.

I can see him on his way before the end of September
    Last edited by steniebear; 4 Days Ago at 08:39.

Quote Originally Posted by mpayton15277 View Post
    The ref as it was right after jack was off and he was booked

Quote Originally Posted by tazzabear View Post
    Was the Motherwell game not a challenge then?
    No we should expect to beat Motherwell easily. I'd put that down as a routine match rather than a challenge.

Blog Entries

We drew the 2nd half one each.

The damage was done by the ref.

McGregor and Ambrose at centre half and we're pumping long balls at them. Daft.

12. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

A fully fit Rossiter would have been the perfect sub after going down to 10 men, but I'm not convinced he is ready for that yet. We really need to take care with Rossiter and sending him into the match yesterday would have been a gamble.

Holt is powderpuff so he would have had limited impact, and 10v11 is not a situation Where you get the best out of Niko.

Miller in midfield is the one I don't really get. Perhaps the manager values his experience and that's why he wants to keep him on the pitch.

I'm gutted at the result yesterday, however I have faith in this group of players to respond to the injustice of yesterday with a level of intensity we have not seen in a few years.

How many times have we been waiting for a response in the next game and the players have never had it in them?

I'm expecting hearts to feel the fury next week.

Can understand what he was trying to do. Personally think 3 5 1 would have been better. That way we match them in the middle and hit on break. Anyway all ifs and buts.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Trotter View Post
    When Jack goes off, surely Rossiter should have been on for Hodson who was garbage for the second week running

Pena then comes on as well for his debut and was like a rabbit caught in the headlights

This nonsense with Miller in midfield killed us as well. He is not a midfielder and was worse than a man down in the 2nd half

The ref cost us today but Pedro's subs were bizarre and didn't help us
    Some good points there .find it hard to disagree with what you,ve said.but then again you could argue that he was trying to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by melbbear View Post
    Can understand what he was trying to do. Personally think 3 5 1 would have been better. That way we match them in the middle and hit on break. Anyway all ifs and buts.
    Was just about to post the same.

We were losing the battle in midfield when Jack was sent off. At half time Miller and Candeias should have been taken off and Wilson and Rossiter brought on.

Wes

Cardoso Alves Wilson

Tav ------- Rossiter -------Hodson

Dorrans Windas

Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by wilso10 View Post
    You'll probably require the tin hat, given how shambolic the ref was today, but ultimately you're right.

PC's tactical decisions from the minute we went down to 10 men were piss poor.

What has Pena done to deserve coming on ahead of Niko Kranjcar anyway? Why shove Herrera on at HT ahead of Niko when we had 2 strikers on? Surely the sensible decision would have been to take either Windass, or one of Miller/Morelos off and put Niko on and try get us creating something for the striker(s) in the 2nd half.

The managers performance will go relatively un-noticed today because of the ref, but questions have to be asked.
    Can't disagree with any of that. The shocking refereeing is the headline but the reality is that there were many failing on our own part. It's still early days for the team but to drop 3 pts at home so soon is a real sore one.

Should have hooked Hodson and brought on Rossiter. All we appeared to do for the majority of the second half was lump balls to Herrera to knock down to the Hibs back 4

I'll get labelled a drama queen, but his decision to spend 4m on Herrera and Pena must be open to question.