Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynblue View Post
    It should have been 4-4-1, consolidate and work ourselves back into the game.

Rossiter for Miller/Morelos.

The substitutions are puzzling. Candeias before Windass? Herrera is pointless in this set-up.

And Pena was also unfair on the player.

Very poor game management.
    The referee had made it very clear 1 more challenge or dissent from Candeias and he was off , the players own fault for stupid foul then talking himself into further trouble which just put him in danger of a red

Rossiter should've came on for him after jack went off as our failure to make it competitive in the middle if the park cost us ultimately as Miller certainly ain't cut out for that position

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourageous View Post
    I don't understand the Pena substitution?

Couldn't make the bench in midweek against lower league muck yet brought on in a game that we were chasing and down to 10 men.

He didn't look fit.
    That decision smacked of desperation imo. With all the rumours and questions regarding Pena, it was toss him to show the fans he actually exists.

Rossiter should have came on instantly after the red card imo.

Apart from Beaton's display,what really made angry was these constant pointless f ucking punts to Herrera against a defence that weren,t for budging.Miller again breaking down play more than once.Am absolutley pig f ucking sick tonight.

Rossiter is a defensive midfielder, Kranjcar doesn't have the legs to run from a man, and that is probably why the manager decided to put Pena on instead, as for going long ball, the manager most likely felt that by bypassing the midfield it got us up the park quicker and took out the need to play through Hibs 5 man midfield, as I said previously, the manager was trying to win the game, it didn't work, atleast he tried something different

5. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by napierbear View Post
    Add in Miller, Dorrans. The players and management knew about the edge to the match - PC even mentioned it in his interview.

A red card and a goal in quick succession knocked the stuffing out of us. To think people's knee jerk reaction is to run for a John Brown is laughable.
    No ones knee jerk reaction is to run for john brown I posted we need someone with local knowledge at the club and the reply was guy reckoned bomber would have been his choice (rather than jj I'm imagining)

If you think today is our only problem and more specifically a referee is our only problem then can I have a bag of what you're smoking?

Today wasn't a blip today was actually an improvement on what we've been getting. We've been comprehensively beaten by a newly promoted team on about a fifth of our budget and yes the referee was brutal but the ref in the 2 Euro qualifiers for example seemed ok maybe we just have an unlucky team

I won't fault Pedro or our team today game was ruined by a referee who bottled it and gave decisions to the team that came to an away ground who wanted to kick lumps out of the home team and got zero protection.totally misread the game or did he..

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluebear74 View Post
    away and f@@k yerself op, the manager was trying to win the game,
    By punting long aimless balls up the park?

Long balls that was our master plan. We drop points next week then God help him.

We were struggling before the ref decided to get involved. Not taking anything away from the cheating ref.

Kenny miller being shoehorned into the team no matter what will lose Pedro his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Its-Sebo View Post
    If you think Niko should be the choice to come on when we're down to 10 men you've lost the plot.
    Exactly, Niko is our most creative player & i thought he would have came on today at some point, that is until the red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Chico72 View Post
    The managers onto a lose lose situation with some of the halfwits on here!! For talking sake he adds another midfielder to tighten up and we still lose, he would of been criticised for being "negative".
    Maybe next manager we get in some from here should maybe apply!!
    That'll be the ones who say that murray was a dumpling & whitaker was just as bad. Murray terrorised our defence & whitaker strolled through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Standards1972 View Post
    Lets be honest, there's a good few among us that would have privately admitted they'd have taken a few defeats to get rid of Pedro.

We absolutely steamrolled Hibs for that first 15 minutes and it should have been 11v10 in our favour.

Using that refereeing performance to prop up your dislike of the manager.

Reprehensible.
    Don't piss about then, name names.

13. Default Re: Pedro Caixinha -poor tactical decision handed second half to Hibs

As much as the referee was diabolically poor, we still should have been able to salvage some sort of result out of that game.

Our defensive minded midfielder is sent off, the most sensible thing to do was to take off a striker and bring on Rossiter or Holt. Go 4-4-1, stay compact and at least get a point out the game. Pedro's decision making today was every bit as bad as the referees.

Holding off from slating the new players but the tactics today were wrong. As they were a few times last season.

Personally I think the manager does in fact have a lot of tactical nous but his penchant for going gung-ho could be his undoing. Never believed attack is the best form of defence and it seems Pedro does.

Rossiter was the very obvious substitution today.

Hopefully the manager is learning and adapts quickly to the foibles of our games.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObjective View Post
    Pedro's decision making today was every bit as bad as the referees.
    This. We now need to expect the shite we are seeing from Lennon and Beaton. These scum have infested, and probably run, the game up here. But it cannot deflect away from our own failings.

I think today proves we need Naismith back, nothing was sticking up front. Love him or loath him he is a class player and a thorn in the oppositions side.

For me the 3 central mids deployed by hibs was the key , mcgeouch was free man all day and directed game without pressure . The hibs back 3 are all por with the ball . Therefore he was vital to them . This would have been known before tge game so whatever we tried to counter that didnt work and then post ryan jack red card it was worse again .
    All it took was miller to drop in and be directly opposite mcgeouch . Analternate to miller would be an ofensive MF like carlos pena in that role but that required a substitute to the starting team.

i think today also emphasised we probably do need another midfielder .

and a better left sided fullback option to LH .

Additionally, it leaves me with stronger doubts about herrera and wilson .

Re pedro , i agree with OP he shouldnt have went with 2 players beyond the game when we such a weak setup in midfield . I think neil lennon got the better of him overall , and that breaks my heart to say so .

Quote Originally Posted by wilso10 View Post
    You'll probably require the tin hat, given how shambolic the ref was today, but ultimately you're right.

PC's tactical decisions from the minute we went down to 10 men were piss poor.

What has Pena done to deserve coming on ahead of Niko Kranjcar anyway? Why shove Herrera on at HT ahead of Niko when we had 2 strikers on? Surely the sensible decision would have been to take either Windass, or one of Miller/Morelos off and put Niko on and try get us creating something for the striker(s) in the 2nd half.

The managers performance will go relatively un-noticed today because of the ref, but questions have to be asked.
    agree 100%. I would have brought on Niko. He has the magical pass in his locker that can open up a defence, even with 10 men. 2 up front was a bit naieve

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphi View Post
    agree 100%. I would have brought on Niko. He has the magical pass in his locker that can open up a defence, even with 10 men. 2 up front was a bit naieve
    Niko is brilliant but a luxury. Kenny works his arse off, but he's a luxury. A 10 man Rangers with Kenny and Niko is like an 8 man Rangers...

The manager tried to stay positive and went for it by playing 2 up top. We had nothing to lose at that point. Unfortunately it didn't pay off this time.

Of course we had something to lose . The very precious opportunity to turn it around .

Your down to 10 men with your defensive midfielder sent off and the score line at 1-1. Any manager worth his salt would have sacrificed an attacker for a DM (Morelas for rossiter), got the team compact and make it difficult for the opponents to make chances. We were left with one real midfielder against 3 of hibs midfielders and they bossed the game from there.
    Say what you will about the ref but caixinho got it wrong tactically...again.

I agree for what its worth. Dorrans was swamped and had a stinker due to that

Ridiculous moving Miller into midfield.

People say there's a problem from boardroom down to the fans, that we don't stick up for ourselves . They then go on and blame one of our own, not the dirty taig ref who couldn't wait to feck our game up. What chance have we got when we would rather blame our manager than a cheating ref.