Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers TV - buffering?

Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

It was perfect for me here in Spain

was perfect for me tonight here in Australia, in fact probably the best I have had using it - no buffering at all and crystal clear pictue

At our RSC the picture was perfect for about 99% of the game. The picture went a wee tiny bit fuzzy for a few seconds at one point and that was it. Great to have the HD, scoreboard and clock now.

I did see a comment from one of the Rangers guys on Twitter recently saying the most of the time buffering is a local issue rather than on RTV's end. I'm no expert but that could explain why some have issues and some don't?

If they haven't done it yet, RTV should have a minimum requirements notice.

I could get the stream over in Saudi. I had no problems last week but this time it was saying right click to run Adobe flash player. When I tried to do this and nothing happened. Ended up watching a crap / buffering stream on Facebook and you-tube. Do any of the guys have any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post
    When I can watch many other streams using a VPN then it shows that RTV isn't that great.

@Granville, thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try next time.
    Why do you need a VPN to watch many other streams?

I've been in the verge of cancelling RTV due to constant buffering issues last season. However both games so far this season have been perfect. Just as good as the Bein sports feed through their HD channel on Foxtel.

In Vietnam it was 10 minutes behind in the first half then 6 minutes behind in the 2nd half for some reason

Only once at half time with us, in Texas. Very good feed today. HD is great.

9. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

Quote Originally Posted by del68 View Post
    I could get the stream over in Saudi. I had no problems last week but this time it was saying right click to run Adobe flash player. When I tried to do this and nothing happened. Ended up watching a crap / buffering stream on Facebook and you-tube. Do any of the guys have any ideas.
    If you were getting the Adobe Flash message I'd suggest you weren't on RangersTV. Only time I've seen that is on illegal streams. Whatever you do, don't click to download - it will be malware.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Buns View Post
    Rangers TV isn't designed to be watched via a VPN for obvious reasons so can hardly complain about a poor product if that's how you choose to access it.
    You make it sound like a bad thing that people are choosing to watch games this way.
    Sorry for trying to get extra money into the club instead of watching dodgy streams for free.

I'm using a paid-for VPN that doesn't affect my broadband speed (about 30 Mb), so I'm not sure why I'd be having problems with it buffering.
    "I met a lady in the meads,
    Full beautiful – a faery’s child,
    Her hair was long, her foot was light,
    And her eyes were wild."

11. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

Faultless yesterday for me. Usually give them grief.

Are you lads switching your VPN off after you get onto the video page? I've tried a few paid VPN's and they sometimes can't cope so it's handy that the page now doesn't refresh when you switch it off and the video goes through its steps to restart. Sometimes drop it down a bitrate then back onto Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Buns View Post
    Why do you need a VPN to watch many other streams?
    Sometimes things are region locked so I just use a VPN to bypass it, never had any issues before.

I'll keep subscribing any as I didn't know you can watch the full game afterwards as well which is handy. Hopefully next time doesn't buffer as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Duck View Post

Are you lads switching your VPN off after you get onto the video page? I've tried a few paid VPN's and they sometimes can't cope so it's handy that the page now doesn't refresh when you switch it off and the video goes through its steps to restart. Sometimes drop it down a bitrate then back onto Auto.
    I've found that I have to leave it on. If for any reason it goes off then I lose the programme.

14. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

Do you change the bitrate via your VPN or via the RangersTV stream mate? If the latter, how do you do so?

15. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

Edit-sorry, on RTV

I can't show you right now as there are no live games on it, everything is up in the cloud now so the quality will be fine. With the live there's a small symbol of smaller boxes next to the enlarge symbol, when you open that it gives you the option of various bit rates, usually this is set to 'Auto'. Although it usually sorts itself, without refreshing the page, left click on the bitrates and let it get up to speed.

I know you've paid for it now, my VPN came via the thread in Techie, Speedify allows you, like CyberGhost, to disconnect without refreshing the page.
    Last edited by Lucky_Duck; 4 Days Ago at 15:01.

16. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

Edit-sorry, on RTV

I can't show you right now as there are no live games on it, everything is up in the cloud now so the quality will be fine. With the live there's a small symbol of smaller boxes next to the enlarge symbol, when you open that it gives you the option of various bit rates, usually this is set to 'Auto'. Although it usually sorts itself, without refreshing the page, left click on the bitrates and let it get up to speed.

I know you've paid for it now, my VPN came via the thread in Techie, Speedify allows you, like CyberGhost, to disconnect without refreshing the page.
    Thanks. As I've said earlier, I had very, very few issues yesterday with the stream - slight drop in quality a couple of times and cut-off twice for short periods. Useful to know I can play with the bitrate if I run into issues in the future.

If you are using a VPN remember to turn it off once the game starts. Also use Edge browser for the best picture quality.