Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers TV - buffering?

Default Rangers TV - buffering?

Anyone else getting this problem?

First I've subscribed but the buffering is a pain in the arse!

Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

Aye, constantly in the first half.

Nightmare...every single time i get it i swear its the last.

It's absolutely awful for me.

Mine has only buffered once but it's really glitchy.

6. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

I found using IE 11 rather than Chrome helped matters a bit

7. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

I'm watching on hotel wifi in Malta without any problems.

To be honest I wish it was buffering for most of that half.

Hasn't buffered one iota for me very good stream, the ref's a prick though.

No buffering at all for me - great picture.

shit referee only issue here.

nord VPN loyal

Watching in Jersey,no problems.

At first I was using Zenmate which is free and I thought maybe that's why it was so bad. Decided to buy IPVanish VPN and that didn't help at all.

Is it always this bad? If it is then I'll be cancelling RTV and just see if I can find another stream elsewhere.

Once again I watched the whole game buffer free here in Sydney, once or twice the quality was reduced to less than HD for a few seconds, but on the whole was excellent, in fact was better than the Liverpool game that I watched in the pub which froze several times via satellite.

If you had buffering it will be because you used a VPN, or you haven't cleaned your PC for years, or your using wifi that hasn't a recognised channel, or you're not using an ethernet cable, or your system is simply shyte.

Fact is it is not an RTV issue.

Was rubbish for me today. Ended up having a go at the kids for using YouTube when I told them to leave the wifi free. Not a good 90 mins in our house,

Quote Originally Posted by private ryan View Post
    Once again I watched the whole game buffer free here in Sydney, once or twice the quality was reduced to less than HD for a few seconds, but on the whole was excellent, in fact was better than the Liverpool game that I watched in the pub which froze several times via satellite.

If you had buffering it will be because you used a VPN, or you haven't cleaned your PC for years, or your using wifi that hasn't a recognised channel, or you're not using an ethernet cable, or your system is simply shyte.

Fact is it is not an RTV issue.

Not a fact though is it?

I can stream any other live games without any issues.

Absolutely fine using Puffin apart from about 15 seconds during the second half. Big improvement on last year.

Watched the game completely buffer free, vpn used ipvanish through fire tv box, connected appliances three android phones one iPhone two virgin boxes and a ps4 sitting in Falkirk granted I have 200mbs but defo better than mania hd /sportsmania which is very good but can't find Rangers TV since the HD kicked in so I'll stick with what I'm using from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post
    Not a fact though is it?

No mate it is a fact, if I can get a stream on the other side of the planet buffer free then the issue is not from the source.

The service is designed for those that live outside the UK, using a VPN to mask your location will 100% affect your streaming quality, if it buffers it is very probably due to the fact your signal is being bounced across the planet before getting back to you.

Supporters in the UK should note that buying the game then watching it via a VPN is the same as watching it via a dodgy stream, you take your chances, if it buffers then too bad.

I have had RTV for a very long time and more times than not it has been excellent, particularly in the last couple of seasons, and once again today it was pretty much perfect, and as I said better than watching the Liverpool game via satellite.

Rangers TV was perfect for me today in the UAE as it had been for Motherwell & Dunfermline also. Just paid the near £200 for a yearly subscription because of the improvements made this season.

Really poor for me today with ZenMate Premium.

Couldn't get in until right on kick-off and it was buffering terribly. Missed the first 15 minutes of the second half.
    "I met a lady in the meads,
    Full beautiful – a faery’s child,
    Her hair was long, her foot was light,
    And her eyes were wild."

Absolutely perfect for me today from start to finish.

Using PIA and chrome.

Really happy with the service this season.

21. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post
    Not a fact though is it?

Adding to what PrivateRyan said, it also depends very much where you are VPNing into, their infrastructure, and the number of users. If you're using IP vanish they have on their website details of the POPs in each city and how congested they are. Login to the website, and then go to this URL:

https://account.ipvanish.com/index.php?t=Server%20List

Try and use a POP in a city like Amsterdam or Frankfurt. The backbone infrastructure these cities have in general are serious stuff, and latency wise they shouldn't be too bad. Be sure to pick a POP that is not congested though.

22. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

perfect for me here in oz and im semi rural with crap broadband

Rangers TV isn't designed to be watched via a VPN for obvious reasons so can hardly complain about a poor product if that's how you choose to access it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Buns View Post
    Rangers TV isn't designed to be watched via a VPN for obvious reasons so can hardly complain about a poor product if that's how you choose to access it.
    When I can watch many other streams using a VPN then it shows that RTV isn't that great.

@Granville, thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try next time.

25. Default Re: Rangers TV - buffering?

I had some issues getting on around 1430hrs today. Shutting down my browser completely and logging in again solved that.

Thereafter, picture quality was generally excellent - though there were perhaps two or maybe three occasions where the quality dropped from HD to poor SD for about 30 seconds or so.

I lost the stream twice. Once in the last few minutes of the first half and once towards the end of the match. Had to stop and log in to RangersTV again to get it back.

My first experience today of watching RangersTV in the UK using a VPN (paid for, not free) to show me in The Netherlands. Overall, I'd have to say it was an excellent product - glad I took out a RangersTV subscription at long last. Shame the referee spoiled a potentially excellent match.