Thread: Spine of the team

Default Spine of the team

Seems finally we have addressed this area Cardoso,Alves,Jack,Rossiter,Pena and Dorrans teams shouldnt be running rings round our midfield. Hopefully we have 2 wide men supporting a striker and get away from the 4-3-3 formation currently employed the likes of Miller at 37 we shouldnt be asking him to play as a wide forward stick him in the box when he plays and he's proven he'll notch goals.

Default Re: Spine of the team

I dont want Miller to be our main striker again.

We have to build for the future and he doesnt score enough goals even though its still better than most players at the club.

Second striker fine but we need more from the main striker.

Quote Originally Posted by 90minsofmadness View Post
    I dont want Miller to be our main striker again.

We have to build for the future and he doesnt score enough goals even though its still better than most players at the club.

Second striker fine but we need more from the main striker.
    Maybe another player to come in we haven't heard about yet?

Keep reading this spine theory-in my day the spine was back to front or vice versa-who is the attacking player who completes the spine?

Too many people are ruling out Morelos and Herrera, I reckon they'll provide a strong front line.

I know it's standard FF, but they need a few more games.

Quote Originally Posted by ICA_86 View Post
    Too many people are ruling out Morelos and Herrera, I reckon they'll provide a strong front line.

Anyone who is moaning about Herrera and Morelos already is not worth listening to.

It's not a case of writing them off but my understanding of a traditional spine-is real strength and efficiency in their role that gives you the balance through the team-strong from back to front.

In terms of cv's we haven't bought the same experience and stability with our forwards as we have at the back and in midfield. That doesn't prove anything -some of the better cv's might flop and as you say Morelos and Herrera might shine.

However we are talking about in theory and on paper.

8. Default Re: Spine of the team

Herrera will be the front man who completes the 'spine'. he will hold up the ball, take the ball into feet or chest and a general target man in our attack. I highly doubt hes came to be bit part. People are writing off half our signings without us really seeing anything much of them, especially this guy.

Regardless of his goals:games ratio in the past, bare in mind our strikers included garner waghorn dodoo etc last year. None of them will ever get near their national teams. He will certainly be a step up that i am sure of.

We need wide men now, desperately, and possibily better fullbacks. If an EPL marquee striker loan deal becomes available near august 31st so be it, but going into the season with Herrera, Morelos and Miller as three CF options is not bad if you ask me. Especially if we continue to play with only one CF

Quote Originally Posted by FortWilliamLoyal View Post
    Anyone who is moaning about Herrera and Morelos already is not worth listening to.
    Including the people who have followed their careers and said they were surprised Rangers went for them?

We need to wait and see but both look like gambles for different reasons -Morelos is 20 ask many of the young guns we've signed in recent seasons and ask how tolerant the support have been of them. Like the manager neither will get a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by rangers47 View Post
    Herrera will be the front man who completes the 'spine'. he will hold up the ball, take the ball into feet or chest and a general target man in our attack. I highly doubt hes came to be bit part. People are writing off half our signings without us really seeing anything much of them, especially this guy.

Regardless of his goals:games ratio in the past, bare in mind our strikers included garner waghorn dodoo etc last year. None of them will ever get near their national teams. He will certainly be a step up that i am sure of.

We need wide men now, desperately, and possibily better fullbacks. If an EPL marquee striker loan deal becomes available near august 31st so be it, but going into the season with Herrera, Morelos and Miller as three CF options is not bad if you ask me. Especially if we continue to play with only one CF
    Any target man I ever heard of-scored goals and usually a fair share.

As it is I always believe Rangers should have an out the box big CF who can give you an option-so we need to see exactly what type of player he is and how he is utilised. If we stick with one upfront though-we require any of them to be really good quality.

-ZED- is online now Love and death. War and peace. Morecombe and Wise.

I would play 4-4-2 with 4 strong midfielders. Ala Reyna, BF, VB, Albertz.

Quite optimistic for the season ahead when you look at the players we've brought in.

13. Default Re: Spine of the team

You would hope so at a million quid each.

Quote Originally Posted by -ZED- View Post
    I would play 4-4-2 with 4 strong midfielders. Ala Reyna, BF, VB, Albertz.
    One of the greatest Americans ever with arguably the best Scottish player in the last decade, one of the best Dutch players ever and a not too shabby German hero as well.

There's strong & then there's taking the piss 😄 (how lucky we were!)

15. Default Re: Spine of the team

Miller doesn't have the legs anymore to run up and down the wing all day. We need to stop relying on him ffs and have him as s super sub in the box