Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian billionaire just pledged 1.3 billion to buy out rival partner in Arsenal

Blog Entries

Default Russian billionaire just pledged 1.3 billion to buy out rival partner in Arsenal

What would the shares we had be worth now if they weren't illegally sold? It infuriates me what went on.

Default Re: Russian billionaire just pledged 1.3 billion to buy out rival partner in Arsenal

Who knows but the guy making this bid is the one who bought them!

Default Re: Russian billionaire just pledged 1.3 billion to buy out rival partner in Arsenal

No Russian billionaires who have always been Ranger supporters?

This could be interesting. If Craig Whyte is found guilty in his trial then maybe the sale of any club asset during his ownership is like selling stolen goods.

5. Default Re: Russian billionaire just pledged 1.3 billion to buy out rival partner in Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by mart22 View Post
    This could be interesting. If Craig Whyte is found guilty in his trial then maybe the sale of any club asset during his ownership is like selling stolen goods.
    Indeed I have said this before.
    If someone from Arsenal contacted you and said that he wanted to sell you something out of their trophy room, or an heirloom that had been part of the club's history for almost 100 years, surely you would question whether this was a proper and lawful transaction, and whether there was integrity before the law in receiving such goods?

Rangers possession of those shares was well documented and discussed both inside Rangers publications and also through many articles found down at The Arsenal FC.
    Ignorance of their provenance would be no defence.

Blog Entries

For 1.3 billion i would be wanting a bigger club than Arsenal.

7. Default Re: Russian billionaire just pledged 1.3 billion to buy out rival partner in Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by bilkobear View Post
    Indeed I have said this before.
    If someone from Arsenal contacted you and said that he wanted to sell you something out of their trophy room, or an heirloom that had been part of the club's history for almost 100 years, surely you would question whether this was a proper and lawful transaction, and whether there was integrity before the law in receiving such goods?

Rangers possession of those shares was well documented and discussed both inside Rangers publications and also through many articles found down at The Arsenal FC.
    Ignorance of their provenance would be no defence.
    I agree to an extent, however at the end of the day that piece of history in material terms was just 16 shares in another company and would have been sold during administration. There was undoubtedly an emotional and historical significance to them but that doesn't change the market price if we were forced to sell.

Blog Entries

I haven't seen the story but if this is indicating that the Russian is paying 1.3bn for the outstanding shares, I would say he is vastly overpaying.

Maybe we should contact him and explain the shared situation. Who knows, if he were to get majority control he may take a sympathetic turn.

Maybe his rival partner should take the offer and use a fraction of it on us? 😀

Any idea of the % he's paying for? Seems pretty high. I'm sure Real Madrid were valued at under 1.5B fairly recently?

Quote Originally Posted by superally54 View Post
    Forbes have Arsenal listed as the 5th most valuable team in football with only Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd and Bayern ahead of them.

More dodgy Russians setting up shop in London, suprise suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by superally54 View Post
    Like who - Arsenal are a great club steeped in tradition with a tremendous history.

Every time I think of him rifling through all our historic possessions in our sacred stadium I have to fight back tears of rage. I pray that he is jailed and finds himself surrounded by angry bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Renoranger View Post
    Like who - Arsenal are a great club steeped in tradition with a tremendous history.
    Not in any way a Gunner at all but don't think there's much of an appreciation on here of how big Arsenal are.

The revenue multiplier to value is shocking. With that price that must make the value of the club 1.8bn. They make 300m approx a season. Valued at 6 times their average revenue. I can't think of another industry with that sort of multiplier.

Who is the guy? Can we not email him and ask if he wants in?

19. Default Re: Russian billionaire just pledged 1.3 billion to buy out rival partner in Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by the vision View Post
    Not in any way a Gunner at all but don't think there's much of an appreciation on here of how big Arsenal are.
    Theirs is a shirt recognised all over the world, soccer academies everywhere under their name and a huge share in the middle east market.

Man United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and probably Liverpool more recognisable in some places but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAr3Th3Pe0ple View Post
    More dodgy Russians setting up shop in London, suprise suprise.

Usmalov has tried on many occasions to "give" money to the club in return for more shares. He wants to invest heavily however Kronke has always refused this. He wants to be the majority shareholder even though he Arsenal are an after thought for him.

Usmalov always wants Wenger gone so could be interesting.

Think our shares were worth 220,000

Guy on SSN earlier stated that it's likely that the bid will be rejected as Kronke is making a lot of money out of Arsenal. Bloody hell, how much ffs if he can knock that back?

Quote Originally Posted by the vision View Post
    Arsenal are big supportwise,

but that's not through local londoners

Quote Originally Posted by Roffey View Post
    Guy on SSN earlier stated that it's likely that the bid will be rejected as Kronke is making a lot of money out of Arsenal. Bloody hell, how much ffs if he can knock that back?
    Kronke is worth somewhere in the region of $7.5BN