Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Marshall appointed SLO

Default Re: Greg Marshall appointed SLO

Quote Originally Posted by Hap Hapablap View Post
    I don't think any of that will fall under his remit or authority.
    Of course it will, he obviously can't authorise anything but his position as SLO is to pass this on to the club and get answers.

Good luck Greg. Would have been funnier if your old man had got the position. The thought of him swaggering into Robertson office asking for this or that would have been a rare sight

Best of British Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDurrant10 View Post
    Rangers employing Rangers fans to do jobs is exactly how it should be

Don't know him but obviously wish him all the best
    Went to the ticket office last week and noticed Rangers banners and union flags on the desks. Now I don't visit often but I did give a little yes inside my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Then.Now.Forever View Post
    Of course it will, he obviously can't authorise anything but his position as SLO is to pass this on to the club and get answers.

Good luck Greg. Would have been funnier if your old man had got the position. The thought of him swaggering into Robertson office asking for this or that would have been a rare sight
    And going by Robertson's compliant bend over demeanour he'd probably be successful in whatever he asked for.

Well done to Greg. All the best for the role.

Encouraged by this and hope we really do get a voice.

Good luck Greg

Lot of time for the lad, always happy to chat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porto Loyal View Post
    Rab has a company called Edmiston House, but he's says on here it's NOT to do with Edmiston House
    This is my last comment on this until the club gives the ok

Edmiston House CIC was set up for a particular project.

That project is not a pub/bar/function suite in Edmiston House, never has been.

If any monies are surplus after the completion of this project, then it is possible it could be used for various other projects ,
    which might include ideas like safe standing, facilities for the disabled, ticket office,or even towards a museum, or anything else that would improve the matchday experience for our fans.

And as an aside. has anyone looked at the name Edmiston House and never though of our ground ?

as i say no more comment on it until its launched.

Thanks for your patience
    Last edited by Marshall1873; 10-04-2017 at 21:48.

Very best wishes to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGTD View Post
    Hopefully does a better job than Jim Hannah

Jim Hannah was first class at his job

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1873 View Post

Edmiston House was set up for a particular project.

If any monies are surplus after the completion of this project, then it is possible it could be used for various other projects ,
    which might include ideas like safe standing, facilities for the disabled, ticket office,or even towards a museum, or anything else that would improve the matchday experience for our fans.

And as an aside. has anyone looked at the name Edmiston House and never though of our ground ?

Thanks for your patience

So if EH isn't to do with the building called Edmiston House, ruling out the obvious suggestions/wishes like pub, bar, restaurant, hotel, museum, offices etc... but IS to do with the stadium...

I wonder if this project will be to use the Community Interest Company as a vehicle to improve the investment in the local area, making the most of the wider area around the stadium in the same way that has been done across the city - starting with improved roads/paths and so on.

I'd love to see Edmiston Drive streetscaped and/or closed to traffic, as well as the sides and rear of the stadium if it was possibe, nice blue underfoot lighting, get the football pavilion moved further towards the Mway and create space for whatever we need. So many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by mendes View Post
    With some fans. Also improved towards end of his tenure

Thanks for your patience
    Well done to your son, he's always been first class with me and more so with one of my family (one of whom has profound special needs and whom gregs always took the time to chat to as an equal) If he carries that onto the role he will do just fine.

Well done GM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KrisBoyd View Post
    Well done to your son, he's always been first class with me and more so with one of my family (one of whom has profound special needs and whom gregs always took the time to chat to as an equal) If he carries that onto the role he will do just fine.

Well done GM.
    Greg is different class, with everyone, must take after his mum

Quote Originally Posted by mendes View Post
    Messaged him twice, no reply

Maybe caught him at a bad time on both occassions but that I didnt even receive as much as an acknowledgement left me thinking it was rather ignorant.

I know he must get a lot of mail but it was sensible suggestions concering the away allocation of tickets

Ha indeed big man. Im sure you'll be one proud da today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KrisBoyd View Post
    Ha indeed big man. Im sure you'll be one proud da today
    Everyday, with both of my kids

Can you pass on everyone's congrats mate , and if you've got his ear could you please let him know that there's a groundswell of opinion ( and it's getting desperate !) to replace the current match day DJ and get a bluenose in who will play decent songs and build up the atmsosphere properly instead of the turgid megamix every week . Cheers in advance

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simplythewest View Post
    Can you pass on everyone's congrats mate , and if you've got his ear could you please let him know that there's a groundswell of opinion ( and it's getting desperate !) to replace the current match day DJ and get a bluenose in who will play decent songs and build up the atmsosphere properly instead of the turgid megamix every week . Cheers in advance
    I've always got his ear,and every now and again he will listen
    I have no idea how he will progress things, but knowing him he will try and reply to everyone
    Might be an idea to let him get started first

Thanks for your patience
    Improving disabled facilities is an absolute necessity and the reluctance to do so will come back to bite the Club on the arse. It should be the number one priority not left to fight over crumbs left over from other projects.
    Last edited by forlanssister; 11-04-2017 at 01:15.

Thanks for your patience
    Is it a walkway ? From your pub up to Ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Trotter View Post
    Messaged him twice, no reply

Maybe caught him at a bad time on both occassions but that I didnt even receive as much as an acknowledgement left me thinking it was rather ignorant.

I know he must get a lot of mail but it was sensible suggestions concering the away allocation of tickets
    Same for me. Sent him e-mails several times and no reply. IMO Jim Hannah didn't add much value. This guy has to add value because there is so much to be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGTD View Post
    Hopefully does a better job than Jim Hannah
    Seriously???

You obviously know fck all about how much Jim Hannah did in his role then, for the Club and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Britishandproud View Post
    Good luck in your post and I hope you have thick shin..I think these points need addressed.

1/ The Union Bears need moved.

2/ The DJ needs replaced.

3/ We need to sort out our song sheet....

4/ The away support needs to be relocated .

5/ The Tims allocation and where they are accommodated needs to be addressed .

Good luck Greg .
    Good post. You should apply for the SLO Assistant job.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Buddha View Post
    Seriously???

You obviously know fck all about how much Jim Hannah did in his role then, for the Club and the fans.
    What Did He Do ?, Displays at matches have been Done By The Blue Order/ Union Bears , Things With The 1st team players & ex players has been things the Charity Foundation have done, & hes never suggested to have fanzone or something for fans to do before matches , at least the current rangers board have bring something to do before matches like watching the old players playing & improved broomloan for kids & are thinking to have a fanzone to sell alcohol etc , Rangers First/RST/Club 1872 have do more than what hes done in the last 10 years or so
    Last edited by PeterM86; 11-04-2017 at 03:11.