Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Marshall appointed SLO

Default Re: Greg Marshall appointed SLO

Great Appointment by the club at least people will know him and see hes always helping people on twitter and has more in common with normal fans than jim , congrats Greg

Delighted for Greg
    By all accounts runs a great pub that I'm looking forward to visiting & I think his lads help him out on the twitter account which is a really good one
    Now that he's a man iof nfluence maybe I'll get his bus to pick me up from Perth 😜

best of luck to him

although this thread kind of re-enforces my point the other day about the new SLO's toughest job will be educating the fans in what they role involves... and most think he's here to sack DJ's and move seats

Quote Originally Posted by ryangtd View Post
    hopefully does a better job than jim hannah
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Special One View Post
    best of luck to him

although this thread kind of re-enforces my point the other day about the new SLO's toughest job will be educating the fans in what they role involves... and most think he's here to sack DJ's and move seats
    Id imagine his role would be liaising with supporters hence the job title Supporters' Liaison Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Barca Bear View Post
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    explain what jim hannah done to improve anything ? imo i seen he do nothing in over 10 yrs shouldnt even lasted that long in that position
    Last edited by PeterM86; 10-04-2017 at 15:17.

Blog Entries

I remember Marshall said on here a few weeks back that there would be a big announcement in May about a project he is involved in with the club. Looking forward to that, especially after this appointment.

Good luck in your post and I hope you have thick shin..I think these points need addressed.

1/ The Union Bears need moved.

2/ The DJ needs replaced.

3/ We need to sort out our song sheet....

4/ The away support needs to be relocated .

5/ The Tims allocation and where they are accommodated needs to be addressed .

Good luck Greg .

Quote Originally Posted by Ecossebear View Post
    Well done to Greg, and I agree its great we now have SLO and coach sorted. However, and I have said for sometime, I think a DoF is an outgoing we really don't need. For a start I feel it undermines Pedro a bit, and what happens if the DoF doesn't take to him? Secondly, I imagine one will not come cheap, and I would far rather see the wages being spent on the playing squad. A head of scouting/recroutment to replace McParland would also be a priority for me over DoF.
    DOF will oversee scouting and recruitment, among other things. The way football is shaping up, a DOF is becoming very important.

We're an institution which has had only 15 managers in our almost 145 year history. But football isn't like that any more. We're not going to keep a manager for 10 years. Especially if they're good. We need a layer in place that ensures continuity within Auchenhowie when the manager moves on. That's the role of the DOF.

The manager will manage the team. They will have their opinion on players coming in and going out. But we're past the days when the manager did everything.

I see DOF as being crucial for the long-term success of the club to prevent the "rebuilding" required whenever a manager changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Britishandproud View Post
    Good luck in your post and I hope you have thick shin..I think these points need addressed.

Good luck Greg .
    I don't think any of that will fall under his remit or authority.

His obvious connections to the support make it a good appointment in my opinion. Well done Greg and all the best!

I guess we won't be seeing Greg on FF very much anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyjohn View Post
    I remember Marshall said on here a few weeks back that there would be a big announcement in May about a project he is involved in with the club. Looking forward to that, especially after this appointment.
    Edmiston House refurb I think, going by what people are raving on about on social media. F*ck knows why, would be awesome IMO.

Good luck to GM, hopefully people learn what is/isnt in his remit and not decide he's not fit for purpose cos he cannae lower the price of pies or rip out the seats in the CF for safe standing

I'm suspicious of these types of roles for fans, especially with our fans tendency to argue and fall out over things not even worth arguing about.

Having said that, I wish this lad all the very best in the position. It will be a tough role but if the fans understand that and give him every chance then hopefully he can do a great job. Some seem to think he will have carte blanche to make major decisions which is a bit hopeful, however he can hopefully get the majority view of the fans across for the issues that really matter.

Good luck sir! 👍

Well done Greg

Its good that the club are now happy to employ Rangers fans. What a difference from the Murray/Bain era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap Hapablap View Post
    I don't think any of that will fall under his remit or authority.
    it doesn't

but people believe what they want to, so he'll get bombarded with it regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Porto Loyal View Post
    I guess we won't be seeing Greg on FF very much anymore!
    No reason why not

The tims SLO has a twitter and always seems very responsive to them

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Trotter View Post
    No reason why not

The tims SLO has a twitter and always seems very responsive to them

How'd you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Britishandproud View Post

Good luck Greg .
    Have to agree with this post!

Don't know Greg personally but do know guys who do and they all say he's perfect for the role.
    All the very best in your new role!

Here, Greg, I've had an email waiting to send to whoever got the SLO role re: our anthem the Billy Boys... I'll be in touch

Quote Originally Posted by Steven D View Post
    Edmiston House refurb I think, going by what people are raving on about on social media. F*ck knows why, would be awesome IMO.
    Rab has a company called Edmiston House, but he's says on here it's NOT to do with Edmiston House

Quote Originally Posted by bigy View Post
    Thatll be the Louden infiltrated by undercover tabloid trash reporters complaining that the free sandwiches after games contain a sectarian orange coloured cheese.
    Make sure that they get the ones with the blue mould on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BearinPerth View Post
    Delighted for Greg
    By all accounts runs a great pub that I'm looking forward to visiting & I think his lads help him out on the twitter account which is a really good one
    Now that he's a man iof nfluence maybe I'll get his bus to pick me up from Perth 😜
    I think you are a tad mixed up mate.
    Best know who you are talking about before congratulating.😂

I'd like him to come out and announce what his plans are and what he would like to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Porto Loyal View Post
    Rab has a company called Edmiston House, but he's says on here it's NOT to do with Edmiston House
    I know feck all about it Tbh, I just saw people going on about EH getting refurbished and couldn't understand why they'd be against it.