Thread: Terry Butcher Q & A Evening

Default Re: Terry Butcher Q & A Evening

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1873 View Post
    The way I feel about him, I will never know
    Ha ha fair point mate

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbarton Ger View Post
    That picture disgusts me
    Yet some on this thread defend him, obviously the timing was just coincidence. The man is scum and anyone paying to see him is deluded

Go be fair, the bit I read in the book was not critical of Coop
    He said that the English lads would do a PR meeting to welcome Mo to the club
    He said that Coop,Bomber, Fergie and McCoist didn't fancy it because all their friends had warned them not to
    I just can't take to him
    Same here, if what he says is true, which I doubt. Why mention it? It just gives enemies of our club ammo, not the actions of a former captain. As far as I'm concerned Butcher, The Ranger, is wiped from my memories.
    Last edited by Fingers1873; 15-01-2017 at 02:59.

Quote Originally Posted by S English View Post
    Did you post this picture to add weight to my previous post or to say I've got it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by vanderhogg View Post
    Butcher the Rangers player and captain was immense for 4 seasons. That was it. 4 seasons. That includes one season where he's out for 8 months.....

After 1990, he was a spent force and he spat the dummy. So Souness catapulted him - and his playing career was done.

As a man since (for 27 years) , he's been a ****ing abomination. It's almost like it's cool to kick and be snide about Rangers - because that's what this "former captain" has done. Too many examples to mention.

Now he's back to earn the blue pound? Fuck him. Fuck him forever more.
    Agree with this 100%.

Butcher was hero worshipped by the Rangers support back then, today I do not know one Rangers supporter who has a good word to say about him, I would not give him the time of day, never mind pay to listen to the clown at a q&a.

When is this.?
    If it's already happened, how did it go?

The guy has shown himself up for years as a willing dope to be used by the tim mafia in Scotland .
    All the crap from him can't just be put down to stupidity so he can f*ck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by vanderhogg View Post
    Butcher the Rangers player and captain was immense for 4 seasons. That was it. 4 seasons. That includes one season where he's out for 8 months.....

After 1990, he was a spent force and he spat the dummy. So Souness catapulted him - and his playing career was done.

As a man since (for 27 years) , he's been a ****ing abomination. It's almost like it's cool to kick and be snide about Rangers - because that's what this "former captain" has done. Too many examples to mention.

Now he's back to earn the blue pound? Fuck him. Fuck him forever more.
    On the money with your comments here. Furthermore I can't recollect one ex Celtic captain that has behaved the way Butcher has against his former employers, he is a liar and I would never sit and listen to anything he had to say

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeartBear View Post
    Or for some pish about jelly and some trumped up charge of besmirching Coop. It's embarrassing.
    Surely the picture , done when the bheggars were doing their jelly and ice cream pish . Proves he has absolutely no feeling for our club. Could you imagine for one second someone like john brown laughing at our predicament at the time? No me neither

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SK4 View Post
    Give it a rest ffs. The guy was a great servant and may not be the brightest but nevertheless he was part of one of our greatest sides imho.
    Can I ask where that team would sit in your list of our greatest teams in our history?

Quote Originally Posted by blue homer View Post
    Surely the picture , done when the bheggars were doing their jelly and ice cream pish . Proves he has absolutely no feeling for our club. Could you imagine for one second someone like john brown laughing at our predicament at the time? No me neither
    Whether he has feeling for our club or not is irrelevant, and frankly I don't care. What is relevant to me is that FF is turning into Kerryfail st. The way that you are looking to be offended when there isn't anything to be offended by is embarrassing. Are you seriously saying that Butcher orchestrated for the ICT strip manufacturer to organise this promotion to have a dig at us?

Admin should bag this thread, I think that everybody's had their say.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G_C View Post
    Whether he has feeling for our club or not is irrelevant, and frankly I don't care. What is relevant to me is that FF is turning into Kerryfail st. The way that you are looking to be offended when there isn't anything to be offended by is embarrassing. Are you seriously saying that Butcher orchestrated for the ICT strip manufacturer to organise this promotion to have a dig at us?
    What I'm saying is that it's unbelievable that you think he didn't know about the jelly and ice cream nonsense

What I'm saying is that it's unbelievable that you think he didn't know about the jelly and ice cream nonsense
    I've no idea whether he knew or not but to suggest that he did know and therefore organised a promotional event with their strips manufacturer and sent ICT fans to watch a game in Italy just to have a dig at us is what's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers1873 View Post
    Same here, if what he says is true, which I doubt. Why mention it? It just gives enemies of our club ammo, not the actions of a former captain. As far as I'm concerned Butcher, The Ranger, is wiped from my memories.
    He said on the Rangers Revisited audio book "None of the Scottish lads accepted Mo" which is absolute bollocks.

According to Butcher, not even Mo Jo's best pal McCoist, who Johnston had confided weeks before hand that he might be signing, welcomed him to the club.

When Graeme Souness was manager of Rangers he became embroiled in a bitter dispute with Terry Butcher. Butcher had undergone an operation on his knee following the 1990 World Cup finals in Italy and felt he had been asked to perform for Rangers before he had properly regained fitness.

Souness solicited offers for the defender and was close to accepting a bid from Leeds United when he realised he had an immediate problem. Rangers were about to meet Celtic in the Scottish League Cup final and he needed Butcher to play, but the recently retired England captain refused, saying that he no longer felt part of the team.

Souness, visibly angry, held a press conference to explain his part.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...h-Souness.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gordymurray79 View Post
    Nobody disputing that mate , But why line a guy's pockets . Who has since he left the club tried to distance himself and treat the clubs history and fans with distain . Oh but now there is a few quid in it for him the cretin is all over the place
    I agree with you about Butcher, but surely it's up to the fans if they want to go